Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

cody mcdonald ex ipswich?

A poster on the BBC site suggested that Cody McDonald was a former Ipswich trainee does anyone know if this is correct? If so what are we doing signing him?But then we have appointed Ian i think i might sign for the scum Crook as a coach!

Bryan Gunn & Ian Butterworth are both norwich legends, Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend. Any player/manager who has had any assosiation with Ipswich is scum and i don''t want them at our football club Cody McDonald is tainted.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Bryan Gunn & Ian Butterworth are both norwich legends, Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend. Any player/manager who has had any assosiation with Ipswich is scum and i don''t want them at our football club Cody McDonald is tainted.[/quote]Err... touch a nerve much?!Remember in Crooks day and age, you couldn''t run away to the MLS to protect your pride. Albeit, I admire Hux and his loyalty, he is a true city legend through and through. But so is Crook, no matter who he went on to play for, he is still city bloody.Stop bashing players you''ve never seen play! Lets base our judgement on footballing ability rather than background!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]A poster on the BBC site suggested that Cody McDonald was a former Ipswich trainee does anyone know if this is correct? If so what are we doing signing him?

But then we have appointed Ian i think i might sign for the scum Crook as a coach!
[/quote]

you really are an idiot.

Cody Mcdonald was a kid, yes a kid. if he scores goals, youll love him.

just because he was a schoolboy there, doesnt make him ''scum''.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Bryan Gunn & Ian Butterworth are both norwich legends, Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend. Any player/manager who has had any assosiation with Ipswich is scum and i don''t want them at our football club Cody McDonald is tainted.[/quote]Err... touch a nerve much?!Remember in Crooks day and age, you couldn''t run away to the MLS to protect your pride. Albeit, I admire Hux and his loyalty, he is a true city legend through and through. But so is Crook, no matter who he went on to play for, he is still city bloody.Stop bashing players you''ve never seen play! Lets base our judgement on footballing ability rather than background![/quote]I''ve had a season ticket since the mid 90''s so i have seen Crook play thanks and he was a great player for us doesn''t change what he was going to do. It''s not about protecting pride it''s about recognizing the fact that as footballers they lead extremely privileged lives and showing respect to the people that make those lives possible. I''m sorry if i hate ipswich more than you all appear too but i''m not one of these people who see it as a ''friendly rivalry'' it''s a deep rooted hatred and i''d just rather we didn''t sign people who had any assosiation with them lot down the road.

I highly doubt he was old enough being a school boy to understand such rivalries, let alone the ins and outs of football. The poor guy has only just signed and has people moaning about him already, he was a CHILD and most likely due to his family and sport teachers persuaded him to a local set up being Ipswich.

Lets just lay off him, if he goes on to score a handful of goals and saves our season the criticism is bound to stop as usual.

maybe it won''t be Cody, but some day soon, we''ll hit the diamond in the rough, you''ll slate him again, having never seen him, and he''ll prove you wrong, stick to opinions you know and stop stating, when you should only be speculating man! I''d have more respect if you had said something along the lines of, " he probably won''t make it, but you never know..., some of them do"

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who cares???

But he is utter plop and that is what I care about.

[/quote]You''re the BEST, Smudger! I wish EVERY Norwich fan was as supportive as you!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

Who cares???

[/quote]

You''re the BEST, Smudger! I wish EVERY Norwich fan was as supportive as you!
[/quote]

hes never even seen him play ?

his favourite player is danny haynes though.......

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"] Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend.
[/quote]

I must have missed the seasons when Hucks led us to a third placed finish in The Premiership, FA Cup semi-finals and bossed the midfield in Europe. It''s what you do on the pitch that makes you a legend not whether you may have once had any association with that insignificant bunch forty miles down the road.

You''re basically saying that Ian Crook and Cody Mcdonald are ''scum''? Grow up.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Bryan Gunn & Ian Butterworth are both norwich legends, Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend.

Any player/manager who has had any assosiation with Ipswich is scum and i don''t want them at our football club Cody McDonald is tainted.
[/quote]

Err... touch a nerve much?!

Remember in Crooks day and age, you couldn''t run away to the MLS to protect your pride. Albeit, I admire Hux and his loyalty, he is a true city legend through and through. But so is Crook, no matter who he went on to play for, he is still city bloody.

Stop bashing players you''ve never seen play! Lets base our judgement on footballing ability rather than background!
[/quote]

I''ve had a season ticket since the mid 90''s so i have seen Crook play thanks and he was a great player for us doesn''t change what he was going to do.

It''s not about protecting pride it''s about recognizing the fact that as footballers they lead extremely privileged lives and showing respect to the people that make those lives possible.

I''m sorry if i hate ipswich more than you all appear too but i''m not one of these people who see it as a ''friendly rivalry'' it''s a deep rooted hatred and i''d just rather we didn''t sign people who had any assosiation with them lot down the road.
[/quote]

Hopefully your primary school would have re-opened and you''ll be back in your reception class today.......sad tosser!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who cares???

[/quote]

But you''re still the King of sad Tossers!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Bryan Gunn & Ian Butterworth are both norwich legends, Ian Crook all but signed for Ipswich Town there were 90 other league clubs he could have joined but he was gonna go to Ipswich if he had any respect for us city fans the thought would never have crossed his mind. Darren Huckerby went all the way to the USA to avoid even having to play against us now thats a true legend.

Any player/manager who has had any assosiation with Ipswich is scum and i don''t want them at our football club Cody McDonald is tainted.
[/quote]

Err... touch a nerve much?!

Remember in Crooks day and age, you couldn''t run away to the MLS to protect your pride. Albeit, I admire Hux and his loyalty, he is a true city legend through and through. But so is Crook, no matter who he went on to play for, he is still city bloody.

Stop bashing players you''ve never seen play! Lets base our judgement on footballing ability rather than background!
[/quote]

I''ve had a season ticket since the mid 90''s so i have seen Crook play thanks and he was a great player for us doesn''t change what he was going to do.

It''s not about protecting pride it''s about recognizing the fact that as footballers they lead extremely privileged lives and showing respect to the people that make those lives possible.

I''m sorry if i hate ipswich more than you all appear too but i''m not one of these people who see it as a ''friendly rivalry'' it''s a deep rooted hatred and i''d just rather we didn''t sign people who had any assosiation with them lot down the road.
[/quote]

You need therapy m8[:O]

Maybe I should secretly go out and murder the 6 or so binner supporting friends I have.[;)]

Isn''t the point about Ian Crook that he had a " Road to Damascus " moment

on the A140, turned around and came back to Norwich. Read your bible and find out how

the prodigal sons are the most feted of all offspring.If its good enough for the Lord it should

sit well with one purporting to wish to comunicate with his angels.

I take it the OP has gone back to school then?

It`s a  football rivalry and if you take it any further than that then I suggest you need to

A. Take a good look at yourself

B. Get a life!!

One of my best mates supports the scum...we hate each other for around 180 mins a season but can still discuss the games!!

[quote user="McCanary"]

I take it the OP has gone back to school then?

It`s a  football rivalry and if you take it any further than that then I suggest you need to

A. Take a good look at yourself

B. Get a life!!

One of my best mates supports the scum...we hate each other for around 180 mins a season but can still discuss the games!!

[/quote]

O dear o dear, so come derby day in April he will be able to show them what they have missed then won''t he, come on folks he is a Norwich player now  

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]A poster on the BBC site suggested that Cody McDonald was a former Ipswich trainee does anyone know if this is correct? If so what are we doing signing him?

But then we have appointed Ian i think i might sign for the scum Crook as a coach!
[/quote]

Could not believe this post - how utterly childish that people can go back years to dig out where players etc used to play for or almost sign for and seem to hold that against them - this is something that you would expect an eight year old to say - players all over this globe play for different clubs some for more clubs than I have had hot dinners - does that mean that Norwich cant sign them - of course it does''nt - if all you have got to do in your life is worry about Ipswich and who played for them then you have not got much to worry about have you. 

If you have to hate someone, hate Thatcher for what she did to industry in this country and millions of people''s lives... or hate Blair for going to war in Iraq... or hate the BNP for the vile filth they spout... or hate child abusers...but hating someone for the football team they support? Time to get a sense of proportion!

Aren''t we a happy bunch on here [:)]. Welcome to Norwich Cody......

[quote user="Smudger"]

Who cares???

[/quote]

A bit harsh there mate, he''s a young lad, lets give him a chance yes?

What a load of rubbish about Crook, the guy is a legend.  Firstly it was City who treated him badly in 96 not the other way.  Secondly, football was very different back then and I doubt Crook even earned a tenth of what he would now playing for a side that finished in the top 4 of the premier league.  He had to make a living............

[quote user="Saint Canary"]What a load of rubbish about Crook, the guy is a legend.  Firstly it was City who treated him badly in 96 not the other way.  Secondly, football was very different back then and I doubt Crook even earned a tenth of what he would now playing for a side that finished in the top 4 of the premier league.  He had to make a living............
[/quote]

Quite right if your employer ended your contract and the most local work you could get was in Ipswich and you had bills to pay what would you do ? Some people need to remember that first and foremost it''s their profession I used to work for one company who are number 1 in their field , I got offered a better package in a similar role by their main competitor I took it  and never looked back. 

Has anyone got that classic pic of Crook holding that shirt and looking down on it like it was a bit of S***. Thats an all time classic. Can someone find it and post it ??

This is quite simply ludicrous, if I was a youngster I would play for Ipswich because they are my nearest club, and therefore it would be pretty much impossible to get into the Norwich Academy.  There''s rules about that anyway isn''t there?My brother, a Norwich season ticket holder, plays football in the Ipswich Leagues at U13 level, if he gets scouted by Ipswich do you seriously think he''ll turn it down??  Of course he wouldn''t.