Sign in to follow this  
Left Testy

Is Greeno Going?

Why do we need a 3rd Choice Goallie?

We have an England capped number 1
The Scottish Goallie as number two

Chances of long term injuries to both is low

So, I hope he is not thinkin of letting Greeno go in January to Raise funds!

£4m from Arsenal would it be worth it to help secure Premier League Status?

I know it''s highly unlikely (though not unheard of) but imagine if Greeno got injured. We''d have Lewis, on the bench. I''m sure he''s talented but really unexperienced. Gallagher could get injured too, get suspended, anything. Perhaps it would be wise to get another, more experenced goalie- Just in case!!

The reason is quite simple. Although we have Joe Lewis as 3rd choice keeper, Worthy thinks he is too young and inexperienced to rely on, especially in the Premier League. As the previous post explains with injuries or suspension we could get into a situation where we have Lewis starting and someone even younger on the bench. In the past it''s not been a problem because Worthy could bring someone in on loan but with the transfer window in the Premier League we''d be stuck till January! As for Greeno he''s just signed a new deal don''t think he''s going anywhere - thank god!

Sorry chaps but read between the lines.

Green signs contract -only after investigating interest from Arsenal....

We then get Bentley almost as a gift from Arsenal.....(and possibly Pennant?)

Gallacher agrees to come in as second man......

...now a third choice is being touted....

CONCLUSION!!

My guess is: Arsenal and Norwich have a private agreement. It sees Green tested in the Premiership with Norwich until January. Arsenal then have first choice if they need him. If not he continues gaining experience until the end of the season. The situation rolls on but Gallacher is aware that he will be Number 1 very soon. The third choice also knows he becomes second, leaving Lewis as he is- third! Otherwise a third keeper would be a monumental waste of money- at most you only need number three for one match.

You know it makes sense! And it is realistic.. at least we will get money for him and ultimately if he is the best goalie going, then it is naive to assume we can keep him for long..

sorry but that sems the situation to me.

And it could be worse, Gallacher seems a good chap and the moeny from Green.....!!

I thought the transfer window could be waived if there were exceptional circumstances in the goalkeeping dept, Peter can you confirm please?

Vicar in green and yellow:

Your chronological chain of events is way out.

Robert Green is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

If Greeno went anywhere I wouldn''t mind him going to Arsenal. Don''t get me wrong I''d love him to stay, but if he could get first tema football at a club like Arsenal then he''s going to be England no.1 in no time. And it would be good to see him do well, he deserves it. But I''d still rather have him do it at Norwich.

sorry but it does not seem way out to me! Look I would love himn to stay- and if Arsenal do not need him- he probably will. I merely trying to take a genuine look at the bigger picture and work out why we need a new number 3.

My earlier prediction does seem to fit. After all Lewis would make an admirable third choice- it would be a real demotivating kick in the small change to tell him he is not even fit for that.

Sorry but that is my humble opinion...and if I am right let''s be happy he did not go this summer as was feared..!! Worthy managed to basically have him as well as move him on...

...of course I could be way of the mark!
Who knowss.....

I have heard a few times that Lewis is going to be the next best thing, so with worthy knowing that we will get loads of money for Greeno and maybe have an even better goalie. I can only see this as being a fantastic way of keeping Norwich where they belong.

OTBC.

Vicar - although I agree that Green may well be on his way at some point, I don''t think Arsenal is his likely destination as they already have 4 quality keepers, one of whom they have just loaned out for the season. Lehmann, Almunia, Taylor & Stack there already.......

With all respect to Joe Lewis, we need a 3rd choice keeper because Lewis is not ready to make a first team appearance yet. He appeared on the bench last year when Crichton was injured as a reward for his outstanding form and as an inducement to join the Academy - he was only 15 at the time and still at school.

Lewis has now been signed up as a first-year at the Academy (with Jarvis'' younger brother) so is really only at the beginning of his footballing education. There are the U18 and reserve teams for him to establish himself in first. He will be a good keeper with the right tutelage and in five years or so will be a first team player. Don''t be so eager to push him too quickly towards the first team - he will get there in time.

BUT - if we need a 3rd keeper who is unlikely to play first team football why was Crichton released? Wages? Age? The situation seems somewhat shortsighted by NW but as always I will trust his judgement - I will be unhappy if Matteo Sereni arrives though lol.