Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

***OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD VS WOLVES***

Its going to be intresting to see Gunns team selection tonight and which of the new players are selected. Its not easy to come in to an away fixture at the league leaders and play with a bunch of players they have only known for a day.

I''m afraid we are in for a beating, with the only question how many.If we concede less than 3 goals, I think that we shall have done well, and I honestly can''t see us scoring more than one. We are not going to catch them on an off day as we did at CR.

Im gonna say a very hard fought 1-1 draw.  Cureton getting on the score sheet again with hoolahan man of the match.

I have a feeling we could win this one. After all, we don''t know what sort of team Gunny is going to put out, so what chance have Wolves got of predicting our game? Come on Boys - stick it to em''!!!

Well I am normally wrong but I have a good feeling about tonights match, Wolves are a good side, they aren''t at the top of the league for nothing.  Don''t know why but i''m feeling quite positive tonight [:D]

Right now a draw would have to be be considered a good result, but a Wolves win surely has to be favourite with the bookies - we are playing the team in first place after all.   Not that I expect for one minute that the doom-mongers would take this into consideration for a second - even a close/unlucky defeat will be pounced on as clear evidence of a shocking transfer window, poor management and so on...

[quote user="Salahuddin"]2-2  [/quote]

I have attended this away fixture on several occassions over the years and never seen a win yet. Funnily enough your 2-2 forecast was the best result I ever witnessed at Molyneux. We were 2 up with 10 minutes left and conceded 2 late goals. Sounds very familiar doesn''t it.

I am going for the law of averages again and predicting a 1-0 victory (well it must happen eventually).

OTBC

We are going to win 15-0, yep 15.

Well, that''s my Jamie Cureton offside prediction anyway. [;)]

1-1 draw for me which i feel would be an excellent result, espeocially if we can finally follow it up with a home win on saturday

if we were to lose as long as it wasn''t humiliating and we played ok (make a change at mollineux i know) then it wouldn''t be all bad

long an nervy couple of hours ahead

Sorry, but no amount of optimism can truly make me believe that we''ll win this one - a home game is one thing, but away? No chance... 2-0 Wolves. Urgh, I feel dirty now...............!!! [:@]

[quote user="djc"]

We are going to win 15-0, yep 15.

Well, that''s my Jamie Cureton offside prediction anyway. [;)]

[/quote]lol I think It''ll be a one sided 1-0 to wolves, we''ll defend well, not offer to much up front then one defensive lapse and they''ll score.

I''m with Paint me Yellow on this. 3-0 to the gold scumI still think we''ll play reasonably well though. They''re just too much for us at the moment (or indeed at most moments throughout our history judging by our record there)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well I am normally wrong but I have a good feeling about tonights match, Wolves are a good side, they aren''t at the top of the league for nothing.  Don''t know why but i''m feeling quite positive tonight [:D][/quote]

I felt like that when we beat them 5-2! Can lightening strike twice?

Norwich team: Marshall, Otsemobor, Doherty, Grounds, Drury, Croft, Clingan, Russell, Bertrand, Cort, Cureton.[:|]

2-2 .... grounds header and clingan pen....oops sorry i forgot.... we must be negative on this message board... i''ll go for 50 nil to wolves... gunn out!! gunn out!! gunn out!!  come on you yellows.... difficult game this evening... i am sure they''ll be out to repay us for our 5-2 thrashing so a draw will be a great result... come on Gunny

Am not sure how much we''ll see of our new signings: Cody wasn''t registered in time (not that he''d have been used), Leijer hasn''t had his clearance through - so neither can play.  I reckon Killen will start and Carney will be on the bench....am not sure about Gow - he won''t have even trained with the side yet so probably not.

Team news:

Marshall, Otsemobor, Drury, Croft, Clingan, Cureton, Doc, Grounds, Russell, Bertrand, Cort;

Subs: Killen, Carney, Hoolahan, Gow, Nelson

Looks like none of the new guys start; interesting playing Bertrand as a m/f.....

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]Bertrand favoured over Hoolahan??! More defensive I know but I mean really..[/quote]

I think it might make sense away from home against the league leaders, and cort played alright against donny, and will probably be replaced by killen on the hour mark. It might be a bit unfair to through the loan players in for this match, most of which only signed yesterday, so they have probably only had one training session with the team