Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca

A guide to reading these messageboards.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

More importantly, how big is a 4 year old bubble?

[/quote]

A considerable size... well when compared to the size of your testicles anyhow... [;)]

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I think people jumped to your aid because they are anti-Smudger and felt obliged to be ciritical of anything or anyone not the same.  Your original comment was not what all your defenders claim.

Yes, railing is the correct word.  Smudger has been railing.  That you suggest the word is rallying tells me you have no idea what either word means.  Lack of suopporting opinion has left Smudger as anything other than a rallier.  Railing, as I used it, means he persistently goes on and on about it..

Your point exactly is ridiculous.  Last season and for years before that, the team has needed new ownership and new board members. There is was, and there it went. Has Cullum''s business collapsed since then?  If not, then that would make him an even better option than he was last year. That you wait until now to agree we need changes serves nobody any use.  If the current economic climate makes selling a team tougher, then shame on you for not realizing the painfully obvious long before. Smudger did, and you all think he''s a moron, so what does that make you?

[/quote]

I don''t think people jumped to my aid.  I think people understood my post.  I think I''ve made my points sufficiently well and, in any case, everyone seems to have understand my points, other than you.

I do not intend into a trivial debate.  The fact is there are no benefactors waiting in the wings, as far as I''m aware.  Albeit I will happily be proven wrong.  I think the current economic outlook is very relevent.  (You''re in a minority if you don''t).

In the meantime, I go back to my original post.... Smudger: Can you explain to those of us living in a bubble exactly what your strategy is for NCFC in the current economic climate? 

Finally, as far as ''railing'' is concerned, you''re right.  It seems I don''t know what it means (other than a barrier/fence), thus my assumption that you meant ''rallying'' (as in ''calling people to action'').  Interestingly, ''railing'' is described in the Oxford Dictionary as ''fence or barrier made or rails,'' so I feel justified in my assumption. 

[/quote]indeed - the current economic situation is such that a sale of any description (unless under admin) looks extremely unlikely imo - and its unlikely that a sale at fair market value will succeed for at least 18 months plus...so without buyers in the market,,,its doubtful the club will be sold in the short to medium term...the board will stumble on i fear...

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="Smudger"]

No wonder you live in a little bubble where the NCFC board finds it so easy to fleece you.

Shame on you for sitting there waiting for 4 years for that bubble to go pop.

Never mind when it does we will be there to build the club back up again from the mess that you have created.

[/quote]

Smudger

You''re clearly some sort of authority on the management and governance of a football club. 

Can you explain to those of us living in a bubble exactly what your strategy is for NCFC in the current economic climate? 

[/quote]

Are you really that dumb, or is your retention that short?  Smudger has been railing on for years about how the team needs new ownership and a new board. What is so hard to understand about that?  He also makes a pretty good case for it if you can overcome your delicate sensitivities and just appreciate his style.

[/quote]

I think you''ve missed the point, in this thread he''s inferring that he''s part of a consortium that going to save the club, I think its only fair for Leeds Yellow to ask how he''s going to do it.

[/quote]

I think you are obviously reading in to things a little too much here SQUITTY?

Consortium??? Where has that ever been mentioned by myself???

Maybe you should just focus on how poor the football still is over the next few weeks and make your own judgements on whether anything has changed from there?

Try and make a decision before Gunny takes us down though hey???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="LeedsYellow"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I think people jumped to your aid because they are anti-Smudger and felt obliged to be ciritical of anything or anyone not the same.  Your original comment was not what all your defenders claim.

Yes, railing is the correct word.  Smudger has been railing.  That you suggest the word is rallying tells me you have no idea what either word means.  Lack of suopporting opinion has left Smudger as anything other than a rallier.  Railing, as I used it, means he persistently goes on and on about it..

Your point exactly is ridiculous.  Last season and for years before that, the team has needed new ownership and new board members. There is was, and there it went. Has Cullum''s business collapsed since then?  If not, then that would make him an even better option than he was last year. That you wait until now to agree we need changes serves nobody any use.  If the current economic climate makes selling a team tougher, then shame on you for not realizing the painfully obvious long before. Smudger did, and you all think he''s a moron, so what does that make you?

[/quote]

I don''t think people jumped to my aid.  I think people understood my post.  I think I''ve made my points sufficiently well and, in any case, everyone seems to have understand my points, other than you.

I do not intend into a trivial debate.  The fact is there are no benefactors waiting in the wings, as far as I''m aware.  Albeit I will happily be proven wrong.  I think the current economic outlook is very relevent.  (You''re in a minority if you don''t).

In the meantime, I go back to my original post.... Smudger: Can you explain to those of us living in a bubble exactly what your strategy is for NCFC in the current economic climate? 

Finally, as far as ''railing'' is concerned, you''re right.  It seems I don''t know what it means (other than a barrier/fence), thus my assumption that you meant ''rallying'' (as in ''calling people to action'').  Interestingly, ''railing'' is described in the Oxford Dictionary as ''fence or barrier made or rails,'' so I feel justified in my assumption. 

[/quote]

indeed - the current economic situation is such that a sale of any description (unless under admin) looks extremely unlikely imo - and its unlikely that a sale at fair market value will succeed for at least 18 months plus...

so without buyers in the market,,,its doubtful the club will be sold in the short to medium term...

the board will stumble on i fear...
[/quote]

YES they will stumble on to relegation and administration ably supported by the same lot who have defended their gross misconduct for the past 4 years... [:$]

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="Houston Canary"] People clarifying your poorly written first missive aside, there was at least one potential buyer just last season

[/quote]

The only person who needed clarity HC was you. 

As for a potential buyer last season.... my point exactly. 

[/quote]

[/quote]Cullum made no offer, intends to make no offer and says anyone who would make an offer would be mad. Perhaps you should stick to sports more in keeping with your current location, say rounders?

Of course, the ultimate rule of the Pink Un message board is this one, in two parts.a) if we lose a game, we must sack the manager, the board, burn down the stadium and fire all the players.b) if we win a game, we mustn''t get carried away - it''s just one game.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course, the ultimate rule of the Pink Un message board is this one, in two parts.a) if we lose a game, we must sack the manager, the board, burn down the stadium and fire all the players.b) if we win a game, we mustn''t get carried away - it''s just one game.[/quote]b) should be amended to include "or draw a game against the league leaders... or just play well."