Sign in to follow this  
Yellafella

Lupoli loan terminated OS

Not happy. His goals to minutes played ratio was far better than anything we''ve seen here for years and you never felt out of it when we just needed the odd goal and Lupes was playing. Sorry but it smacks of favouritism to me not valid footballing reasons that JC was picked ahead of him, and I like many others reallly struggle to understand how Rusty could be picked for a start as a Striker over somebody who has turned up and done his job every time he was given half a chance.Good player poorly managed.[:(]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Not happy. His goals to minutes played ratio was far better than anything we''ve seen here for years and you never felt out of it when we just needed the odd goal and Lupes was playing.
 Sorry but it smacks of favouritism to me not valid footballing reasons that JC was picked ahead of him, and I like many others reallly struggle to understand how Rusty could be picked for a start as a Striker over somebody who has turned up and done his job every time he was given half a chance.

Good player poorly managed.[:(]
[/quote]

Very true!

One of my biggests problems with Roeder was inability and/or refusal to play his best 11.

Lupolis a different level to Cureton!

Very disapointed that a capable player has left!

hmm disappointing its not often you don''t play once you''ve scored a goal but for some reason it happened every time lupoli scored

ahh well the official site also shows a pic lupoli playing basketball not football so maybe it was best?

Buckethead wrote the following post at 02/02/2009

Good player poorly managed.Strange that, wonder if he was poorly managed at Arsenal, Derby and Fiorentina..........and they must have all thought he was a good player........cos they didn''t want him either......!! he is a good player at the right level, but is far too lightweight for the Championship

Was it a tactical move by the club to not announce it til 5pm to prevent him signing for a rival championship club? or is there the option for championship clubs to still sign loans after the deadline?

OTBC

[quote user="porkyp"]

Buckethead wrote the following post at 02/02/2009

Good player poorly managed.

Strange that, wonder if he was poorly managed at Arsenal, Derby and Fiorentina..........and they must have all thought he was a good player........cos they didn''t want him either......!! he is a good player at the right level, but is far too lightweight for the Championship
[/quote]

He did pretty well at Derby in their promotion season and it''s not really suprising he didn''t get much of a look in at Arsenal with the squad they had when he was there.

OTBC

[quote user="Dr. Downs"]Norwich were paying around 12 grand a week for his services though...[/quote]Football Manager is not all knowing when it comes to football players wage by the way....

What worries me is we now are so short of cash that not only cant we afford permanent signings we have to wheel and deal in loan players. I may be reading to much into this and I think Bryan Gunn has done a good job in getting players in that he has. But the fact that both Omozusi and Lupoli who were useful on their day have gone suggested to me that there is even less cash than we thought.

Oh my god... we are going to be relegated for sure!!!

We just need Crofty out before midnight to put the final nail in our coffin now... [:@]

[quote user="Smudger"]

We just need Crofty out before midnight to put the final nail in our coffin now... [:@]

[/quote]Oh get lost you bloody idiot. You have about as much of a clue as I do about advanced physics.

maybee check your facts before spouting off the loan window has closed croft  going nowhere ecept on the coach to molineux

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh yer, we are going to get relegated because we lost a player who was not interested here and score, what 4 goals. We will really miss him.

I bet you want us to go down, just so you can say in your little internet world that you are the bee''s knee''s.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh get lost you bloody idiot. You have about as much of a clue as I do about advanced physics.
[/quote]

Says the guy who has predicted play-offs for the last 3 seasons??? [:$]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh yer, we are going to get relegated because we lost a player who was not interested here and score, what 4 goals. We will really miss him.

I bet you want us to go down, just so you can say in your little internet world that you are the bee''s knee''s.

[/quote]

No but I want us to go down and enter administration because it will hopefully get shot of d.icks like you and Delia and the club will once more be able to move forward with optimism instead of being shackled in chains by lies and deceit.

Meh, as much as i thought he was a good player, i prefer that he''s not here. Obviously a bad apple, We''ve brought in other options, he was on a hefty wage, having turned down arsenal to move to his current cotract that i have no doubt we were paying in full. I can see why Sheff UTD were after him, but i think we''re better off now, it''s time that we made our own big names. Let''s not start signing big egos on their fall from grace, i''d much rather the Hungry sort of players like Cody McDonald and co, even if he does turn out to be not good enough. In terms of staying up, we''ll be fine!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Meh, as much as i thought he was a good player, i prefer that he''s not here. Obviously a bad apple, We''ve brought in other options, he was on a hefty wage, having turned down arsenal to move to his current cotract that i have no doubt we were paying in full. I can see why Sheff UTD were after him, but i think we''re better off now, it''s time that we made our own big names. Let''s not start signing big egos on their fall from grace, i''d much rather the Hungry sort of players like Cody McDonald and co, even if he does turn out to be not good enough. In terms of staying up, we''ll be fine!
[/quote]

and please explain why he is a bad apple and you are not a totqal and utter prat???

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Not happy. His goals to minutes played ratio was far better than anything we''ve seen here for years and you never felt out of it when we just needed the odd goal and Lupes was playing.
 Sorry but it smacks of favouritism to me not valid footballing reasons that JC was picked ahead of him, and I like many others reallly struggle to understand how Rusty could be picked for a start as a Striker over somebody who has turned up and done his job every time he was given half a chance.

[/quote]

Very true!

One of my biggests problems with Roeder was inability and/or refusal to play his best 11.

[/quote]different level to cureton.........you talk crap,selfish,hog and hot headed,glad he has gone

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Meh, as much as i thought he was a good player, i prefer that he''s not here. Obviously a bad apple, We''ve brought in other options, he was on a hefty wage, having turned down arsenal to move to his current cotract that i have no doubt we were paying in full. I can see why Sheff UTD were after him, but i think we''re better off now, it''s time that we made our own big names. Let''s not start signing big egos on their fall from grace, i''d much rather the Hungry sort of players like Cody McDonald and co, even if he does turn out to be not good enough. In terms of staying up, we''ll be fine!
[/quote]

This is the kind of loser attitude so many Norwich fans embrace.  Resent the few stars we have and glorify the hard working scrubs who could not play for any other team in the division as if they are the true stars of the team. You were probably glad Huckerby was let go so he could be replaced my someone not nearly as good but who works much harder (actually not, Huckerby is good enough to make it look easy) and accomplishes way less.

When has there been any indication that Lupoli was a bad apple? 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Meh, as much as i thought he was a good player, i prefer that he''s not here. Obviously a bad apple, We''ve brought in other options, he was on a hefty wage, having turned down arsenal to move to his current cotract that i have no doubt we were paying in full. I can see why Sheff UTD were after him, but i think we''re better off now, it''s time that we made our own big names. Let''s not start signing big egos on their fall from grace, i''d much rather the Hungry sort of players like Cody McDonald and co, even if he does turn out to be not good enough. In terms of staying up, we''ll be fine![/quote]

This is the kind of loser attitude so many Norwich fans embrace.  Resent the few stars we have and glorify the hard working scrubs who could not play for any other team in the division as if they are the true stars of the team. You were probably glad Huckerby was let go so he could be replaced my someone not nearly as good but who works much harder (actually not, Huckerby is good enough to make it look easy) and accomplishes way less.

When has there been any indication that Lupoli was a bad apple? 

[/quote]Sulking in the Barnsley match perhaps.Oh, sorry, you wouldn''t know, you''re in the USA. [:$]

[quote user="we are rubbish"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Very true!

[/quote]different level to cureton.........you talk crap,selfish,hog and hot headed,glad he has gone[/quote] Different level as in able to finish chances that don''t have to be absolute sitters. Actually looks comfortable on the ball and can use it with some quality.  When he plays he actually touches the ball instead of running around anonomously. We have missed a trick with Lupoli. I think he will do well at Sheff Utd if given the chance.

Blackwell: "He was a big favourite at Norwich and I am surprised we managed to prise him out."http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Gaffersnotes/0,,10418~1543342,00.html 

Lupoli was another classic example of he turned up and a lot of our fans thought he was some sort of new messiah before anybody saw him play ( Remember Strihavka ? ) I don''t doubt he''s got ability but must question his attitude and what he''s shown in training as Roeder and the new managment set up clearly didn''t fancy him either.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="we are rubbish"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Very true!

[/quote]different level to cureton.........you talk crap,selfish,hog and hot headed,glad he has gone[/quote] Different level as in able to finish chances that don''t have to be absolute sitters. Actually looks comfortable on the ball and can use it with some quality.  When he plays he actually touches the ball instead of running around anonomously. We have missed a trick with Lupoli. I think he will do well at Sheff Utd if given the chance.[/quote]

Yeah, I don''t think many people would seriously suggest Cureton has more ability than Lupoli, or at least I hope not.

But obviously Jamie says all the right things about Norwich and isn''t likely to rock the boat. Although maybe it''s understandable that Arturo shows a bit of frustration, he hasn''t really been given a fair chance and he must know he''s a better player than Cureton.

The penalty "incident" in the Barnsley game summed it up. We have a designated penalty taker but Lupoli attempted to grab the ball so that he could take the penalty. To his credit, Clingan refused to go along with this. Result - penalty scored and Lupoli goes into a sulk. He also played a part in the fourth goal by Russell but was not inclined to join in the celebrations. Clearly, when we are looking to improve team spirit and commitment, this sort of attitude from an individual cannot be tolerated. It can be argued that he was never given a proper chance but has his attitude contributed to this situation? I guess only his former team-mates know the whole truth.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Sorry - is this the same smudger that has said there is no quality in our side for the last "4" seasons? Your words not mine.I can understand that Lupoli was frustrated at the lack of games but I think this would have been about wages as well. He is a very good player - of that there is no doubt but we are in a relegation battle now and we need players that can fight. Lupoli is a good player but not a player I would say can compete at the top in the physical side of the game. Cureton, love him or hate him does not go down easily and knows when to try and fight off the opposition as well as to play for the fowl. If we were mid table I am pretty sure Lupoli would have stayed.It is a shame but various people out there are against the idea of pointless loans. If we were never going to sign him then perhaps it is also slightly pointless?