Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Was this jobs for the boys?

Okay, I can just about understand Gunn and Chippy, but John Deeham? is that the same JD they sacked for failing at City?

This surely is an emotional appointment at best, or a cynical ''get them off our case'' by the board at worse. Oh, and interviews started on Monday.............of course they did![:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Okay, I can just about understand Gunn and Chippy, but John Deeham? is that the same JD they sacked for failing at City?

This surely is an emotional appointment at best, or a cynical ''get them off our case'' by the board at worse. Oh, and interviews started on Monday.............of course they did![:|]

[/quote]Earlier you said you liked Deehan!!!! [:S]

No it''s not jobs for the boys, but as others have said, it''s probably last chance saloon.  A bunch of successful old-timers brought back to revive the ailing fortunes of the team they love.  I smell box office.  Maybe they''re hoping to sell the film rights if all goes well.

[/quote]

All we can afford Wiz, you know the state of the finances so none of us should be surprised they took the cheap option.

It may turn out o.k.

We can but hope.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Earlier you said you liked Deehan!!!! [:S]
[/quote]

I still like him, did I say I didn''t?[:S]

[/quote]

In case you haven''t noticed he failed as manager, not chief scout and to be fair Chase sold a number of key players without really giving him a chance to replace them.

he was hugely succesful as an assistant here and he''s done very good jobs at Villa, Bolton, Birmingham and the Irish national team in recent years in a similar role to that he''s taken up , his experience will be invaluable

[quote user="blahblahblah"]No it''s not jobs for the boys, but as others have said, it''s probably last chance saloon.  A bunch of successful old-timers brought back to revive the ailing fortunes of the team they love.  I smell box office.  Maybe they''re hoping to sell the film rights if all goes well.
[/quote]

I hear that Kate Winslet is already signed up to play Delia, the Smoking Man from the X Files will play Mumbles and a large money pit will play Doomy.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]No it''s not jobs for the boys, but as others have said, it''s probably last chance saloon.  A bunch of successful old-timers brought back to revive the ailing fortunes of the team they love.  I smell box office.  Maybe they''re hoping to sell the film rights if all goes well.[/quote]

I hear that Kate Winslet is already signed up to play Delia, the Smoking Man from the X Files will play Mumbles and a large money pit will play Doomy.[/quote]At the risk of making NCFC sound like a sinking ship, can we get Leonardo di Caprio in to play Mickey Wynn Jones ?

john deehan ..has a fairly impressive cv , for one it cant be worse than roeders.

ian crook must have valuable knowledge of japan and australia

ian butterworth ... i hope comes in as no 2... has vast experience in the lower leauges .

a fairly good mix  i would say

[quote user="singing canary"]

john deehan ..has a fairly impressive cv , for one it cant be worse than roeders.

ian crook must have valuable knowledge of japan and australia

ian butterworth ... i hope comes in as no 2... has vast experience in the lower leauges .

a fairly good mix  i would say

[/quote]

It might help for League 1 next year![;)]

Given that many, many people have previously called for Chippy to

become manager over the last few years, would people be having the same

fits of hysterics if the appointments were the other way round?

Is it me or do most people complaining about this (or at the very least raising a quizzical eyebrow Roger Moore style) seem to forget that Chippy has been made 1st Team COACH.  That means at the very least he will be responsible for the day to day training and tactics - with Gunny responsible for management...We''ve now got a complete team in place to run things, one which if they work to their particular skills, should bear fruit.I''m not particularly bowled over by the appointments but they do make sense - after all we were hardly going to get Mourinho were we (and even in that event Wiz would be highly critical!!!)

regardless of what people think , if they could be bothered to do some homework on theese guys, they would realise we actually stand a chance of doing well .

i wanted roeder out from day one , i never have liked him ,

roeder is not thought highly of in many clubs.

the new team we have here are commited to the cause , and have more experience between them than most .

all good friends of which will make a good working enviroment.

i really hope im right again , this is a winning formula. .. i hope.