Sign in to follow this  
steve b

CHEAP OPTION

Why are people moaning and calling it a cheap option to put Gunn in as manager? How is it the cheap option? surely Gunn is getting paid the going rate! would people say Boothroyd was the cheap option? no they wouldn''t and he wouldn''t get paid anymore than Gunn!

I agree. As far as I''m concerned it was the best option for manager and I''m pleased. I don''t see how it is any cheaper but if it is so much the better. We know that we are short of money for loans/ transfers, so not having to raid this fund for coaching and managerial staff must surely be good? But even if it didn''t save money, I still happy - Norwich is in their blood + they have more football experience than most of the candidates suggested.

Would you have though that had we been beat by Barnsley??

My Guess Gunn as been Seconded, and is not getting as much as Ady would have!

Also the board can tell Bryan ''come on Bryan you we dont have any money to give you''

Whereas and new manager may have demanded a few quid to play with.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Would you have though that had we been beat by Barnsley??

My Guess Gunn as been Seconded, and is not getting as much as Ady would have!

Also the board can tell Bryan ''come on Bryan you we dont have any money to give you''

Whereas and new manager may have demanded a few quid to play with.

[/quote]As you said it is your guess.

Gunn will have been given a massive pay rise - with at least an implied promise of even more come July if all things have gone well. But I am sure he is a cheap(er) option - and not just in terms of salary but in terms of the short-term contract that he and Crooky were prepared to accept; with no hidden compensation in the event it does go pear shaped. (I am positive it won''t incidentally). But what is wrong with a cheap option? I suggest it is precisely what the club needs right now - and the absence of a future compensation liability may release a bit more cash for the playing budget than would otherwise be available if contingent provisionhad to be made. Win, win.