Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Whatever happens, Gunn must NEVER be booed!

I think its safe to say that we all consider Bryan Gunn to be something

of an NCFC legend.  His 400-odd appearances for the club, his

endless charity work and his constant presence in the Fine City over

the last 20 years, along with his general pleasant demeanour have set

him up as such.

So, firstly, let''s dispel any myths that Gunn''s appointment will definitely

lead to relegation.  As has been said elsewhere, if it happens

then its likely it would have happened anyway.  If he keeps us up,

his legendary status will only increase.

But whatever happens - even if we find ourselves in the pits of despair in League One with no money for players - we must never, ever

round on the Big Fella.  His appointment has been made by our

Board following two disastrous previous managers who''s names, it

transpired, weren''t fit to even grace the pages of this message board.

Gunn will always be a hero in my eyes and we should never

let the mistakes of Delia and her cohorts get in the way of that, and

don''t let 1st Wizard convince you otherwise!

If it all goes wrong, people must direct their anger where it belongs....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think its safe to say that we all consider Bryan Gunn to be something of an NCFC legend.  His 400-odd appearances for the club, his endless charity work and his constant presence in the Fine City over the last 20 years, along with his general pleasant demeanour have set him up as such.

So, firstly, let''s dispel any myths that Gunn''s appointment will definitely lead to relegation.  As has been said elsewhere, if it happens then its likely it would have happened anyway.  If he keeps us up, his legendary status will only increase.

But whatever happens - even if we find ourselves in the pits of despair in League One with no money for players - we must never, ever round on the Big Fella.  His appointment has been made by our Board following two disastrous previous managers who''s names, it transpired, weren''t fit to even grace the pages of this message board.

Gunn will always be a hero in my eyes and we should never let the mistakes of Delia and her cohorts get in the way of that, and don''t let 1st Wizard convince you otherwise!

[/quote]

Agreed!!

I think "Gunny, sort it out" is probably as far as it could ever be taken. Short of a Roeder style turning on the fans I can''t conceive of a situation that would make me boo him, and that''s never going to happen.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]I think "Gunny, sort it out" is probably as

far as it could ever be taken. Short of a Roeder style turning on the

fans I can''t conceive of a situation that would make me boo him, and

that''s never going to happen.[/quote]

Indeed...

Ps, check your Facebook messages...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think its safe to say that we all consider Bryan Gunn to be something of an NCFC legend.  His 400-odd appearances for the club, his endless charity work and his constant presence in the Fine City over the last 20 years, along with his general pleasant demeanour have set him up as such.

So, firstly, let''s dispel any myths that Gunn''s appointment will definitely lead to relegation.  As has been said elsewhere, if it happens then its likely it would have happened anyway.  If he keeps us up, his legendary status will only increase.

But whatever happens - even if we find ourselves in the pits of despair in League One with no money for players - we must never, ever round on the Big Fella.  His appointment has been made by our Board following two disastrous previous managers who''s names, it transpired, weren''t fit to even grace the pages of this message board.

Gunn will always be a hero in my eyes and we should never let the mistakes of Delia and her cohorts get in the way of that, and don''t let 1st Wizard convince you otherwise!

[/quote]

Fully agree.The board have now played their last card and if it goes wrong they will reap the whirlwind. Gunny, Chippy and Dixie are City legends and will give it their best shot. They deserve (and I suspect will get) our total support.

I agree but i''m sure he will expect it if things do go bad...........

He made a point in the press conference when he was asked about if things go wrong and from what i gathered he said he would not let it happen which to me means he would step down honourably.

Good for you Bryan

OTBC since 1969

I don''t think the crowd will ever Boo Gunny. Actually the board may very well have put the final nail in their own Coffin. If it all goes tits up the crowd are almost certain to feel sympathy for Gunny, conclude that the Board tried to send him to his slaughter, and vent their fury upon the Board for it. On the other hand if Gunny is a success we all live happily ever after! :P

It may well turn out to be a win win situation for the fans in that we either get success or get rid of the board.

by taking the job he has put himself in danger of stick if it goes belly up, booing comes with the territory if he fails he must of considered that, his mate Deehan knows only too well.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If it all goes wrong, people must direct their anger where it belongs....[/quote]

And where might that be?

[/quote]

Where do you think?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

I don''t think the crowd will ever Boo

Gunny. Actually the board may very well have put the final nail in

their own Coffin. If it all goes tits up the crowd are almost certain

to feel sympathy for Gunny, conclude that the Board tried to send him

to his slaughter, and vent their fury upon the Board for it. On the

other hand if Gunny is a success we all live happily ever after! :P

It may well turn out to be a win win situation for the fans in that we either get success or get rid of the board.

[/quote]

Precisely my thinking, Cap''n.... you''d think those who hate the Board

so much would actually be hailing this appointment as it really does

put them in last chance saloon - if they want to risk our survival on

Gunny they''ll quickly realise where our loyalty lies - legendary

ex-players or bumbling cook? I know which side I''m on.....

[quote user="ricky knight"]by taking the job he has put himself in danger of stick if it goes belly up, booing comes with the territory if he fails he must of considered that, his mate Deehan knows only too well.[/quote]

Totally agree Ricky.

[/quote]

Bang on!

i''d be heart broken if gunny and chippy got boo''ed, in fact i think i''d have to give up norwich city. I can''t see it ever happening though, for the simple reason that with these two we know that even if they fail, it wouldn''t be through lack of effort. I''ve always been of the opinion that i could accept any fate so long as the effort and commitment was always there, and in that respect they could never be questioned.