Sign in to follow this  
Binky

Points Target

Now that we know the management team, how many points do

you think we will reach by the end of the season? On a previous thread I suggested we

needed a minimum of 43 pts for safety (going on 2006 & 2007 seasons anyway).

We currently have 29 pts and there are 18 matches to play - 9 homes and 9

aways:

The 9 homes are: S''oton; Bristol City; Burnley; Coventry;

Cardiff; Plymouth; Sheffield Weds; Watford & Reading

The 9 aways are: Doncaster, Wolves, Preston, QPR,

Blackpool, Birmingham, Swansea, Ipswich & Charlton

Do you think we will stay up?

What points total?

Final position?

(Me: yes; 15th & 53pts)

[quote user="Binky"]

Now that we know the management team, how many points do you think we will reach by the end of the season? On a previous thread I suggested we needed a minimum of 43 pts for safety (going on 2006 & 2007 seasons anyway). We currently have 29 pts and there are 18 matches to play - 9 homes and 9 aways:

The 9 homes are: S''oton; Bristol City; Burnley; Coventry; Cardiff; Plymouth; Sheffield Weds; Watford & Reading

The 9 aways are: Doncaster, Wolves, Preston, QPR, Blackpool, Birmingham, Swansea, Ipswich & Charlton

Do you think we will stay up?

What points total?

Final position?

(Me: yes; 15th & 53pts)

[/quote]

I think all the home games are winnable, weather we will win them all is another question lol

i think...we will defo stay up, finish top 12 with 62 points

There are a lot of games still to go - 18 is not that far off half a season, and 54pts to play for is plenty.  The way people were talking pre-Barnsley was as if we had just a few games to go and a defeat would have put us down, which clearly wasn''t quite the case - though it would of course have been hugely demoralising.

We need to improve our away form, which could hardly be worse, but I certainly fancy us do enough to be safe with a (little) bit to spare.  Right now a good little run - something which we are well capable of - would pull us up into the mid-table ranks which is something we''d all surely settle for.  I think we''ll end on 54pts or thereabouts.