Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

THOUGHTS NOW WE HAVE HAD TIME TO DIGEST THE NEW APPOINTMENT?

at 1st thought WTF and thought the board had taken the cheap option

now i have had time to think...it could be the best thing that has happened to NCFC in years...all of the appointed have green and yellow blood and will only have the best interests of the club a heart...looking onward and upward...OTBC

my only reservation is IF it all goes boobies up i would hate for the fans to turn on gunny and co

still hoping the board will go and new investment is incoming

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

And for people of your ilk it could be important. What is more likely:a. It all goes wrong and the fans turn on Norwich City legends Gunny, Chippy and Dixy (Is it me or does that sound like the start of a 70''s Childrens'' Film Foundation title?)b. It all goes wrong and the fans turn on the board. Now then, were I a betting man i''d go for B. I think the board know that which makes the decision rather braver by the board than possibly first imagined.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

now i have had time to think...it could be the best thing that has happened to NCFC in years...all of the appointed have green and yellow blood and will only have the best interests of the club a heart...looking onward and upward...OTBC

my only reservation is IF it all goes boobies up i would hate for the fans to turn on gunny and co

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

[/quote]

Could be good IF and it''s the mother of all IF''s, they are given some money to spend.

Dissaointed, lack of ambition, easy, cheap option.

If he keeps us up, he''ll get the job permanently! Surly we dont want that??

[quote user="Chrisr"]And for people of your ilk it could be important. What is more likely:

a. It all goes wrong and the fans turn on Norwich City legends Gunny, Chippy and Dixy (Is it me or does that sound like the start of a 70''s Childrens'' Film Foundation title?)

b. It all goes wrong and the fans turn on the board.

Now then, were I a betting man i''d go for B. I think the board know that which makes the decision rather braver by the board than possibly first imagined.
[/quote]my money is also on B     

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

If the results come in, the players play well under him, then why not?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Could say that about anybody!!

Id have Jack the Ripper if he got results!

I dont have the faith in Gunn to do it long term, inexperienced, no managing/coaching back ground!

The 4-0 win against Barnsley could prove to be the worst result of our season, but only time will tell!

Fingers crossed of course!

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont have the faith in Gunn to do it long term, inexperienced, no managing/coaching back ground!

The 4-0 win against Barnsley could prove to be the worst result of our season, but only time will tell!

[/quote]

But it''s not long term is it?  Even Gunny has said that.

Still the results will tell us all we need to know, gotta give the guy and his team the chance.[:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But it''s not long term is it?  Even Gunny has said that.

Still the results will tell us all we need to know, gotta give the guy and his team the chance.[:)]

[/quote]

If its not long term its not really ''his team''

and if he keeps us up it probably will be long term!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

[/quote]

I think you will find deehans blood is claret and blue.Or atleast it was in 2002!

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

[/quote]

I think you will find deehans blood is claret and blue.Or atleast it was in 2002!

[/quote].

That''s true - Deehan is, at heart, a true Villa man but we come a damn close second. He was always very loyal to us and his ''tenure'' as manager was as the Chase empire began to crumble. He  has vast experience in the game and personally I would like to have seen him have a higher profile role in the club than ''Chief Scout'' but if he can unearth some diamonds for us then great. 

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]Good grief!(excuse me if I keep hoping for a win each week under Gunn & Co won''t you? - and if I cheer loudly when we get it.)

You can''t hate them.. you just can''t!!!  I dont care what they do I will never hate Gunny or Chippy.   The board know this.  They are evil geniuses.

Forget that, they are just evil...

That aside like most, I am 100% behind the team and pray its a success.

Its a cheaper option but also I feel the best option!

Gunny till the end of the season is far less of a risk than getting Ince in on loads of dosh on a 3 year deal and then have to get all the staff he wants. Other so called in demand mangers or experienced ones would also fall into this category!

Gunnys got no experience in football management but neither did Stringer in 1987 and look how good he was!

Roeder had experience but was cr*p!

What Gunny has got going for him is - extensive inside out knowledge of the club, good with people, is willing to delegate and can motivate. All atributes Roeder didn''t have and which I''d say are essential qualities for the job!

Crook is a master stroke and would probably be suited to the top job if Gunn doesn''t do well. Deehans also an astute addition and their combined  input plus the mooted yet to come assistant manager will help Gunny no end! 

Gunny will also know when things aren''t working and would walk before things went to far! 

I would of liked Boothroyd and Mackay but after them Gunny and CO was head and shoulders above all other possibilities!

Logical common sense safe move by the club!

I think the Board has been very shrewed here. I do believe the new management team for next season are now in place, Chippy and John Deehan. Gunny is in now to see Chippy into this league after being out of it for so long in Australia. At the end of the season Gunny will go back to his old roll and Chippy and Deehan the new management team. If the Board are playing it this way it seems that they are in a win/win situation. If Gunny keeps us up he will be even more a hero or see us go down he will become a scape goat. If this is the way  the Board is behaving, they should hold there heads in shame, to be putting a loyal servants head on the block. Anyway all the best to Gunny, Chippy and John, with this Board you are going to need it.

firstly i would like to congratulate Gunny on becoming norwich manager.

at first my thoughts were WTF cant see this working...but, after thinking about it we have a brand new management team all with the club as there main intrests

iv spoken to Gunny a few times when seeing him out and about, and he is a really nice guy, hes the kind of man we want in charge to give the players morals a boost.

good luck Gunny [Y]

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

[/quote]I would have writen exactly this.as for if it goes boobies up Gunny will always get the respect he deserves we all no where the fingure will be pointing.

First reaction was that Crook could get our midfield going forward rather than sideways, potentially inspirational!

However I don''t agree with the poster saying that Gunn will make way for Crook at the end of the season. It''s obvious Gunny really wants the job - he called today the 4th proudest moment of his life, after the birth of his kids, and you''ve gotta believe him.

I do think Gunn will have a more relaxed management style , in the Sven/Worthy style (players are mates with the manager etc.)

Which I think the frazzled egos of this current bunch of players will respond to better than the demoralizing public rebukes which the last two managers have subjected them to. Grant and Roeder may have signed a crop of players who on paper look very strong in this league, yet obviously their management techniques meant they weren''t operating on all cylinders and were consistent at only one thing - underperforming. They did best during the 13 match unbeaten run, where the line up was fairly settled, largely players we own, and unaffected by tinkering or the need to slot in loan players. Roeder''s downfall began exactly a year ago when all the loans came in in January, followed by more in the summer. After that he never knew his best XI. Had he kept our good run going and we finished 10th, for instance, the fans and board may have have had more time for him.

What I''m saying is that a simpler management style, less over-coaching and looking after the players we own rather than loans, reassuring them that they''re good enough for the job without having to raid Arsenal reserves or wherever for players definitely seems like a good way to go forward.

So good luck the yellow and green dream team.