Sign in to follow this  
forevergreen

How is this the cheap option?

Having read some of these threads today and seen comments in the Evening News I cannot for the life of me understand how some people are seeing the appointment of Gunny and his team as a ''cheap option''.

I''m well aware that a lot of people liked the idea (as I did) of getting Aidy Boothroyd and possibly Malky Mackay as his assistant, has it escaped everyone''s attention that Mr Boothroyd is currently unemployed and any compensation required to get Malky away from Watford is hardly likely to have broken the bank. Indeed there may well be a price to pay for getting Dixie away from Brum and Chippy back from Oz (a plane ticket and some relocation expenses at the very least).

As for the other names in the frame, Ince, Robins etc etc - all either unemployed or at lower division clubs and not going to cost a fortune. So assuming City will be paying Gunny the going rate for the job which presumably would be the same for all the other candidates I will be intrigued to find out how this can be viewed as a ''cheap option''.

Personally I''m delighted at his appointment and those of Crook and Deehan and can see a much brighter future for us, I for one (as a season ticket holder) have been really ''cheesed off'' for months now having to endure match after match of complete dross under Roeder and then to be reminded at every available opportunity that he really didn''t give a stuff what we as supporters thought because we were''nt ''experts''. I''d reached the point after much soul searching where I just wasn''t going to renew whilst he was at the club, well I am now - Good Luck Gunny!

I have a sneaky suspicion Gunny would not have been offerred the going rate ( how ever much that would be ? ), but I can see him being offerred a tasty bonus if he keeps us up.

Even Bootroyd was the cheap option.

Plus my guess is Gunn''s wage''s are alot less than Ady''s!

Kinda of a secondment, me thinks!