Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Munby said they interviewed 5 for the position.... who were the other 4??

1) Bryan''s daughter Melissa2) Bryan''s wife Susan3) Bryan''s mum4) Bryan''s best manThey all conceded Bryan was a better candidate

I still believe what Curbs said on SSN that he does not want to look outside the Premiership.

Reckon - Gunn, Robins, Boothroyd, Rioch and one other.  Don''t think Ince and all these other big names ever got an interview as the board were always looking at a temp solution.

[quote user="er indoors"]1) Bryan''s daughter Melissa
2) Bryan''s wife Susan
3) Bryan''s mum
4) Bryan''s best man

They all conceded Bryan was a better candidate

[/quote]

Wasn''t Gunny''s best man David Hodgson, former manager of Darlington, and therefore more experienced than the man himself?!!!

I''m going to have to dig up Gunny''s autobiography from the loft and re-read it now to check I''m correct!

Cynical but hilarious!

[quote user="er indoors"]1) Bryan''s daughter Melissa2) Bryan''s wife Susan3) Bryan''s mum4) Bryan''s best manThey all conceded Bryan was a better candidate [/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Cynical but hilarious!

[quote user="er indoors"]1) Bryan''s daughter Melissa
2) Bryan''s wife Susan
3) Bryan''s mum
4) Bryan''s best man

They all conceded Bryan was a better candidate

[/quote][/quote]

Hilarious / Disrespectful.

Wasn''t Gunny''s best man David Hodgson, former manager of Darlington, and therefore more experienced than the man himself?!!!

I''m going to have to dig up Gunny''s autobiography from the loft and re-read it now to check I''m correct!

More experienced yes, but he wanted more money than Bryan!

Sorry, but I don''t believe they even interviewed anyone outside the club.

My point exactly wiz, have another listen to Bryan''s press conference where he says he''s been on the phone to Chippy for the past few mornings and evenings. Would Chippy have been "in the air" if Bryan had only been told at half ten last night? Make your own mind up.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Sorry, but I don''t believe they even interviewed anyone outside the club.[/quote]The others might as well not have not bothered. Right from Worthy thing it seemed they wanted someone to end of season and "green and yellow blood" meant every member of team had to have it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Sorry, but I don''t believe they even interviewed anyone outside the club.[/quote]Well of course they didn''t interview people outside the club Wiz - the press and public would be able to see everything! I''m fairly certain the interviews would have been held in the capital city.I''ll get me coat then...

[quote user="er indoors"]Sorry, but I don''t believe they even interviewed anyone outside the club.

My point exactly wiz, have another listen to Bryan''s press conference where he says he''s been on the phone to Chippy for the past few mornings and evenings. Would Chippy have been "in the air" if Bryan had only been told at half ten last night? Make your own mind up.
[/quote]

Jeez er indoors, I didn''t pick up on that, they think they''re so clever don''t they?.

This was a done deal on Saturday at ten to five. Let''s just thank our lucky stars that Jim Duffy didn''t win any of his caretaker games or we would already be in Division 1!!!! Don''t believe for a minute there were any other interviews.

[quote user="glove1"]they will say what they want and expect us to believe it...they could have said they interviews alex ferguson and some fans would believe it!![/quote]

I don''t quite understand the cynicism. You may think they''ve made a bad choice and I don''t think anybody could hand on their heart disagree with you as Gunn is unproven at best. But why would the board lie or deceive? What''s in it for them? Are they really the Bond-esque villains that you would have us believe? Incompetent perhaps, but duplicitous is probably a stretch too far.

i never said he it was a bad appointment? i am pleased for gunny but it is funny when asked munby would not mention anything about the other 4 candidates. by the look of it on here, quite a few people think they didnt interview anyone else. i was predicting who they did interview at the start of this post and my second point was some of our fans will believe anything.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="glove1"]they will say what they want and expect us to believe it...they could have said they interviews alex ferguson and some fans would believe it!![/quote]

I don''t quite understand the cynicism. You may think they''ve made a bad choice and I don''t think anybody could hand on their heart disagree with you as Gunn is unproven at best. But why would the board lie or deceive? What''s in it for them? Are they really the Bond-esque villains that you would have us believe? Incompetent perhaps, but duplicitous is probably a stretch too far.

[/quote]

Roger sits stroking his white cat as each applicant slids slowly into the shark tank.

You expect me to talk Munby? No I expect you to lie Mr Gunn.

But our Brian isn''t good at that is he, well not yet. To excited to think first.

[quote user="glove1"]i never said he it was a bad appointment? i am pleased for gunny but it is funny when asked munby would not mention anything about the other 4 candidates. by the look of it on here, quite a few people think they didnt interview anyone else. i was predicting who they did interview at the start of this post and my second point was some of our fans will believe anything.[/quote]

But the board haven''t asked you to believe anything. They''ve just said they interviewed 5 people. They could have interviewed Gunn, Adams, Wright, Martin and Delia if that''s the case. Personally I don''t think we have any reason to believe they didn''t interview outsiders, but if these people were already in jobs and there with the permission of their chairmen, they obviously wouldn''t like it broadcast to the fans of their current club that they failed an interview at Norwich and now they''re back to manage the club they didn''t really want to be at, had they been offered our job.

As for fans believing anything, that''s borne out by those that still regard Cullum as a white knight!

Gunnys best man was David Hodgson...previously of Darlo.

I am a closet darlo fan as it is where my mother is from, and supports! Dave Hodgson...top bloke, met him a few times! He is now though an agent...not sure of any of his clients but maybe some linkage with his old pal gunny could help our chase for talent

er indoors said  Sorry, but I don''t believe they even interviewed anyone outside the club.

Didn''t Crooky''s brother say today on Radio Norfolk that Crooky wasn''t arriving until Friday so surely he couldn''t have left yet.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Sorry, but I don''t believe they even interviewed anyone outside the club.[/quote]

So what is your basis for that belief? Why would RM need to lie?

Just seen a new interview with Gunny where he says that he had Chippy and Deehan lined up before his interview to add weight to his claims with the board.

[/quote]Never a truer word said. I''m not pro-board but they''re incompetent, not malicious.OTBC

Just seen a new interview with Gunny where he says that he had Chippy and Deehan lined up before his interview to add weight to his claims with the board.

[/quote]

Agree with you there C02. Also Jeremy Goss on Future Radio was talking up Gunny and saying how there was a core of ex-City players who cared passionately about the club and wanted to work to restore Norwich back to former glories.

I think Gunn has gone to the Board and sold them this idea of bring back people who care deeply about the club rather than picking another hired hand (example:Roeder).

If this is the case then I think Gunny is a lot smarter than people realise and possesses the pride and ambition that has been desperately missing for so long.

Gunn is inexperienced, So was Grant and so was Stringer. We really have no way of knowing which way Bryan''s career as manager will go until he''s been in charge for a few games - but then you can say the same thing for any manager they bring in.

However, 4-0 is a pretty emphatic start and if Gunny can keep the momentum going then survival this season is a possibility.

Also, it was very heartening to learn that Alex Ferguson called Gunn before the first match and gave our new manager some advice of what to say in his first team talk. It would be nice if Ferguson was taking on the role of mentor to our new man, We couldn''t hope for a better master than that.

At least we don''t have a manger that comes with any issues or baggage. At the moment I am cautiously optimistic about the new management team and wish them every success.