Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Jim Brennan

Played last season as a bit part player but now seems to be in most peoples first 11. What exactly has happened since th eend of the season to change everyones views? Did he have a good summer / play well in Malaysia?? He''s not going to start left back (Drury, backup charlton or even shackell) and I can see Bentley, Huckerby and even the forgotten "little man" more likely starters

i agree, he will get left out, but hes there to be used
he could be a "star sub"
also another one i feel to be left out is Paul Mcveigh

I would like to see Brennan given a go on the left, but at the same time would like to see how McVeigh handles the Prem. From the flashes of Brennan we saw last year he looked good- Naturally left footed and a good crosser of the ball. I''m sure he''ll be given a go

I thought Brennan was better than McVeigh last season. McVeigh was great for us in seasons past, but last year was rarely up to scratch. His defensive work has improved, but he was pretty tame going forward. Brennan is a natural defender, and is an impressive crosser of the ball. He also played very well against Everton last year, showing he can play at a high level. I hope McVeigh can rediscover his form of our Play Off final season, but I think he wants to play up front and I dont think he could play alongside Huckerby or McKensie or Bentley.

I believe Brennan will get the left spot for all the reasons mentioned.

Additionally, when called upon to defend in numbers, and frankly next year thats going to be rather often, he''s a solid capable defender who will help out compertently.

He also showed last year that he can break through and possesses a great shot.

His preseason with Canada won''t have done any harm either.