Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

If Gunny fails.

He''ll still be a City legend, don''t worry.

Good luck Bryan, you''ve got the character and we know you''ll give it your best shot.

OTBC

Totally agree Bly.

I don''t really understand the logic of some posters who seem to think that failure as a manager would somehow tarnish Gunny''s achievements as a player. Some have even suggested that this is a valid reason not to give him the job.

I''ll never forget the important saves he made, the rapport he had with the crowd, the bravery he showed in the face of such terrible personal tragedy and the great ambassador he has been for our city. If people can forget these things in the event of things going badly wrong for us then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Really nice to see this Bly. I have to admit I peeped at this post through my fingers expecting something a little more devisive (sp?).

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Good luck Bryan, you''ve got the character and we know you''ll give it your best shot.

OTBC

[/quote]100% agree. He didn''t have to take the risk and could have played safe but imo stepped forward in our hour of need. Even if it doesn''t work out it says a lot about the man that he didn''t duck the challenge. How could anyone possibly hold this against him?It may work, it may not but the commitment is 100%. Even more of a legend in my opinion! Go for it Gunny!

I think that everyone on here accepts that if the appointment of Gunny et al fails the anger and frustration will be aimed fairly and squarely at the board. On the subject of which, am I right in thinking that there has still been no comment or appearance from Delia? Though I tend to treat the rumour mill on here with the contempt it deserves, I''m really starting to wonder if something''s going on.

OTBC

[/quote]you''re totally right Deehan failed as manager but I remember him fondly as a great striker

OTBC

Yep, I agree with that Bly, and no doubt some needless job will still be found for him![:|]

[/quote]

You really do give with one hand and take away with the other, don''t you Wiz?Bly is totally right and this echoes my sentiments from yesterday - he''ll always be a legend, whatever happens.....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You really do give with one hand and take away with the other, don''t you Wiz?

Bly is totally right and this echoes my sentiments from yesterday - he''ll always be a legend, whatever happens.....
[/quote]

It does appear that way to the untrained eye EM, but, I only speak as I find, Gunny is a legend, but he''s lived ruddy well off it for years![:|]

[quote user="Beauseant"]I think that everyone on here accepts that if the appointment of Gunny et al fails the anger and frustration will be aimed fairly and squarely at the board. On the subject of which, am I right in thinking that there has still been no comment or appearance from Delia? Though I tend to treat the rumour mill on here with the contempt it deserves, I''m really starting to wonder if something''s going on.[/quote]

She''s to busy trying to earn money to keep the club in the luxury it has become accustomed to!!

Sorry you didn''t get the job Beau but I''m sure Gunny can find you a post somewhere amongst his mates.

Double for him as Beau fronted[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You really do give with one hand and take away with the other, don''t you Wiz?Bly is totally right and this echoes my sentiments from yesterday - he''ll always be a legend, whatever happens.....[/quote]

It does appear that way to the untrained eye EM, but, I only speak as I find, Gunny is a legend, but he''s lived ruddy well off it for years![:|]

[/quote]Untrained eye, Wiz? B*llocks... you''re still in a grump because the board haven''t appointed Paul Ince, someone you could really get your teeth into...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You really do give with one hand and take away with the other, don''t you Wiz?

Bly is totally right and this echoes my sentiments from yesterday - he''ll always be a legend, whatever happens.....
[/quote]

[/quote]
Untrained eye, Wiz? B*llocks... you''re still in a grump because the board haven''t appointed Paul Ince, someone you could really get your teeth into...
[/quote]

[:D] Lol.........now he would have been a disaster.

OTBC

[/quote]

Good post, breath of fresh air. The appt is only until the end of the season. The Club needed to stabilise the situation without delay and provide continuity. This they have achieved. Gunn, supported by Crook and Butterworth or Malky, will definitely do his utmost to steer the club to safety. If he achieves this (I firmly believe he will), and IMO Roeder would not have done, then the Board and Gunn can review and decide whether he is the man to take the Club to the next level.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Untrained and mis-informed eye I''d say Wiz.  I had many dealings with Gunny when he worked in the Commercial Department and he worked his b*llocks of to attract new sponsors, travelling all over the country to do it.  If you want to criticise at least have some knowledge behind your ill-advised rants!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Untrained and mis-informed eye I''d say Wiz.  I had many dealings with Gunny when he worked in the Commercial Department and he worked his b*llocks of to attract new sponsors, travelling all over the country to do it.  If you want to criticise at least have some knowledge behind your ill-advised rants!

[/quote]

I think what Wiz said and I agree (also having many years dealing with BG) is that he has made a damn good living out of Norwich City.

He has worked hard at his job both boosting the club and his own reputation.

A legend he most certainly is and having watched him waste minutes at the Munich stadium to ensure our win, in my eyes he always will be.

Also knew JD when he was manager and living in Drayton, another nice guy.

BG as a manager I am still VERY undecided, the sense to put a good team behind him, particularly if Butterwoth joins as well. Management by commitee might just work.

After the last lot anything should be better,we hope.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think what Wiz said and I agree (also having many years dealing with BG) is that he has made a damn good living out of Norwich City.

A legend he most certainly is and having watched him waste minutes at the Munich stadium to ensure our win, in my eyes he always will be.

BG as a manager I am still VERY undecided, the sense to put a good team behind him, particularly if Butterwoth joins as well. Management by commitee might just work.

[/quote]

Exactly Butler!.

Lord Horn: Read properly before jumping in next time please.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly Butler!.

Lord Horn: Read properly before jumping in next time please.

[/quote]

No, What you said Wiz was : "It does appear that way to the untrained eye EM, but, I only speak as I find, Gunny is a legend, but he''s lived ruddy well off it for years!"

That implied to me, and perhaps others, that you were suggesting freeloading. Perhaps I drew the wrong inference. In fact I must have done because I am sure that you wouldn''t be so uncharitable because it''s just not in your character, is it Wiz ?!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="CHIPPY"]he will fail[/quote]
Pete, can we get rid of this troll please?
[/quote]

agreeed!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Don''t feed the troll [:D][/quote]Exterminate the f**king troll. This isn''t a crèche.

[quote user="Old Snoorty"]

No, What you said Wiz was : "It does appear that way to the untrained eye EM, but, I only speak as I find, Gunny is a legend, but he''s lived ruddy well off it for years!"

That implied to me, and perhaps others, that you were suggesting freeloading. Perhaps I drew the wrong inference. In fact I must have done because I am sure that you wouldn''t be so uncharitable because it''s just not in your character, is it Wiz ?!

[/quote]That''s precisely how I read it too, and I daresay precisely how it was intended......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Old Snoorty"]

[/quote]
That''s precisely how I read it too, and I daresay precisely how it was intended......
[/quote]

Yes but you live in Manchester so don''t count so there!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Old Snoorty"]

[/quote]That''s precisely how I read it too, and I daresay precisely how it was intended......[/quote]

[/quote]He''s only on loan to Manchester. He''ll come back when he''s gained some valuable experience.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

That''s precisely how I read it too, and I daresay precisely how it was intended......[/quote]

[/quote]He''s only on loan to Manchester. He''ll come back when he''s gained some valuable experience.[/quote]If they want me on a permanent they''ll have to pay at least £100m.............

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

That''s precisely how I read it too, and I daresay precisely how it was intended......[/quote]

[/quote]He''s only on loan to Manchester. He''ll come back when he''s gained some valuable experience.[/quote]If they want me on a permanent they''ll have to pay at least £100m.............[/quote]For sale to the highest bidder, eh? Same old same old... [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

That''s precisely how I read it too, and I daresay precisely how it was intended......
[/quote]

[/quote]
He''s only on loan to Manchester. He''ll come back when he''s gained some valuable experience.
[/quote]
If they want me on a permanent they''ll have to pay at least £100m.............
[/quote]

Can I be your agent please?

Can promise extra tubes of Smarties

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

If they want me on a permanent they''ll have to pay at least £100m.............[/quote]

Can I be your agent please?

Can promise extra tubes of Smarties

[/quote]Smarties? I''m not five....Its Maltesers for me... the lighter way to enjoy chocolate...