Sign in to follow this  

no idea, but people on this board are crazy:

Safri wearing 666?????????
Diouf coming to Norwich??

far too much speculation!

I think there is more chance of Pennant coming than some might expect. Although he is likely to stay at Arsenal there is rumours of him going to Athletico Madrid. Pennant appeared on the recent bbc2 documentary on football, and his agent admitted that Jermaines'' career would be better served with a small club out of the limelight

Why do u say that there is very little chance of getting Pennant DD? While he''s a good player he''s not exactly a superstar who''d consider himself above playing for us. While acknowledging that we need to be realistic I do sometimes feel that our fans have a bit of a defeatist attitude when it comes to buying players. Noticed the other day that some people posted that we had no chance of getting Helveg and we all know what the outcome of that one was. We are a prem club and although not yet established we are entitled to be linked with higher quality players.

Agreed kdncfc. Too much inferiotity complexes around.
Some people seem too young perhaps to remember that we have spent 21 of the past 33 years in the top league (= premiership). 4 of the remaining 12 were promotion to the top league years.
Have some confidence!
We''ve been there before or very near - year in, year out - with Ron Saunders, John Bond, Dave Stringer, and Mike Walker. And I believe that Worthy is (and will remain) another good''un.
On top of that Delia is a worthy (!) successor to those fine Chairmen George Watling and Arthur South.
We''ve been there, done that before.
And here it all is again. Have confidence in City''s top league.
I''d better stop now. But have confidence.
OTBC.

Fair play kd. Perhaps I am being a bit negative. I think it''s because I''m still in "1st Division" mode!! I see us being linked with these fantastic players and think we''re not a big enough club. Hopefully, as you say, we will become a more established Prem club and be inked with players like Pennant every week!

As far as Pennant is concerned, if we were to get him it would be one of the best signings, if not THE best of recent years. He''s got outstanding quality and flair. Ok, he was at a relegated club last year, but I think we could forgive him that!

Come on Worthy- Use your smooth talking and pull off another coup!

We may well have had many top flight years- but the fact remains we have never been a club linked with top signings!! Go on name the the players who were massive stars before we signed them? Polston???

I understand the pessimism - but hopefully this will change

Pennant a ''massive star'', you must be joking.

I''ll start with Martin Peters and Martin O''Neill.

I repeat. Have confidence.

Are we talking about signing Pennant permanently or on loan? There is no way on this earth we will take another player on a season-long loan - it would restrict Worthy''s options for the January transfer window far too much. As for signing him permanently, I don''t think Arsenal will sell, and if they do, it won''t be for less than 2 or 3 million, so that''s him out of our price range straight away........

Pennant only has a season left on his contract so the rumour that Leeds could have had him for £500k at the end of last season may be true. This price may not still be true but may not be far off the mark for a player with an attitudal problem still hanging around his neck.

However Pennant was commenting over the weekend that he was looking forward to battling for his place in the team at Highbury so dont see him leaving there just yet. He will then have the choice of clubs next summer when several will come calling.

Perhaps we could get him in January if he hasnt had an impact on the arsenal team by then and with the signing of Van Persie his chances may remain limited...

OTBC

Another thing to remember is that we now have a board who are prepared to back the manager with as much cash as we can afford at the present time, previous regimes have failed to come up with the cash to take us to the next level. Although we''ll never be seen in the same light as the top 3 plus the 2 merseyside teams and Newcastle, spuds and Villa we should certainly be able to give the Saints, charlton and Brum a run for their money. If we can establish ourselves in the prem we can expect to be linked with many big names in the future.

If he has an attitude problem then Worthy won''t be interested. But yes, he''d be a fantastic signing on right wing from what I saw of him in Leeds games last year.

Ama