Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

I fear the worst, but I must support the club

[quote user="David Jervis"][quote user="koimatsuba"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Hi all, especialy 1st Wizard.

I knew it, during the game on saturday I clearly said like to others around me, this game and every goal is cementing Gunns feet into this poistion! everyone said I was mad.

Narrrr!, just a one-off we''ll get a real experinced manager in, don''t you worry. I then commented on the fans chants and the look on delia''s face when the third and forth goals went in.
(I couldn''t see it but can only imagine!)

24,5k fans, 4-0 up, fans calling for gunny, what else matters?

I of course will always support NCFC and hope this new team goes well, but I fear that we have took the cheap and easy option.

this is the senario:

1.   Gunn does well and we stay up: Gunn gets job next season.
2.   We get relegated after a poor run of results, every one gets on Gunns and the boards necks, next season we still have Gunn incharge as NOBODY wants to manage a League 1 side.
3.   Gunn does average and NCFC does average and in 15 months time we all call for his head, a legand is ruined.

As for my season ticket next season, well it was always going to be a tricky affair, money is tight at present and also the poor performances the last three seasons have put me off another year of terror.
Do I think that this job appointment has changed my mind? With the bookies telling us Ince, Boothroyd and maybe even Curbushly all were in with a shout and we pick Gunn.

Unless theres and miracle new buyer and losts of cash, then I fear this is my last season. The board have lost my faith. Its like they have just sat down and said, "well the fans love him and he has
yellow blood, he did win 4-0! .... oh well just get Gunny, its simple".

1st Wizard and others do you share my thoughts? the cheap option or a ''DREAM TEAM''?

for me when I first heard the news I thought, ''oh bl**dy God''...''what a buch of cheap skate idiots''

Lets hope I''m wrong!

Cheers All

[/quote]

Top post koimatsuba, and I agree with so much you of what you say, this so called dream team might do well, lets all hope so for all our sakes that it does, but alas I fear, a real nightmare is more likely!

[/quote]

But what IF, and it''s a big IF Bryan, Dixie and Chippy get things right, we get points on the board, which is what we all want surely?  Surely they should be backed until the results prove they don''t deserve that backing? Gunny hasn''t even had a game in charge as manager yet, and some are so quick to slate him, give the guy a chance.

All I know is that last Saturday at the match I felt something which I haven''t felt in eons at CR, an atmosphere, hope, a desire to win, and mostly seeing the players WANT to play and enjoying playing.  It was wonderful for the first time in years to walk out of CR feeling pride in the colours, knowing our lads went out on the pitch and enjoyed playing, without the fear and restrictions from Roeder.

Ok so it''s only one match, but the difference was immense.

[/quote]

I never said I wasn''t going to back Gunn & co, just that I wasn''t happy with the appointment. With all the hype in the papers regarding the other hopefulls, the betting odds the newspaper and websites, and in the end I feel that they never even got an interview, like delia, munby and co had made their mind up after the game on saturday. And with a stupid 2000 facebook replies/sign-ons it just seems stupid.

In the end of the day there nothing I or others can do, we could have got worse like dowie, time will tel and I''m not one to say I told you so if it goes all wrong because we didn''t choose the manager.

Lets hope for the best, still don''t see me renewing my season ticket though, fed up being taken for a fool by this board.

cheers

[/quote]

Thats exactly what I tried to say and failed, cheers for that.[Y]

[/quote]

Psssttttttt what ya doing? lol....you''re you......not Wiz [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

That''s very true, but the atmosphere this time is different, don''t know how and can''t explain it.  Normally I''m quite pessamistic, if you have read any of my previous posts, you will see.  However, I am nervous just like any other fan, that things ''may'' go very pete tong.

I tend to go on gut instinct, listen to what is being said (by Gunny and Dixie) mainly, and weigh up arguments for and against.

We all know we are deep doo-doo, and still face the prospect of league one football.  This is the boards last chance saloon, I think they know that if it all goes wrong they will get the flak and not the management team.

How long will the optomism and good feeling last?  How long is a piece of string? 

If we go on a winning run (which is likely after new manager in), then AFAIC as a fan it''s a good thing.  If we don''t then we are no worse or better off than under Grant or Roeder.

[/quote]Think a lot of change in feeling is that GR was such a depressing influence on the club, mainly due to his attitude, that almost anybody who had taken the Barnsley match would have provoked a similar response to what Gunny got. It was similar when Grant came in for Worthy and when Roeder came in for Grant, more a sense of relief but for different reasons to exit of Roeder.

I have grave reservations about new team but have just renewed season ticket and hope I don''t get 15% reduction at end of season.

I wish new team all the best for season and they could do it, It''s just that odds seem against it. Addition of Crook could be big positive factor and new Assistant is yet to come in looking like Butterworth ( so EDP says). Yes it could work.

[/quote]

Agreed about the change in feeling having a fair bit to do with Roeder leaving.  It''s interesting to read and watch some of the players reactions to Gunny & Co being in charge, they all seem pleased, players also saying they feel more relaxed and Gunny has made a difference already, which IMHO is only a good thing.  It''s important that the players enjoy playing again and aren''t scared to make a few mistakes.

I do believe, and I may be wrong, that the team will fight now for the rest of the season to keep us up.  But only time will tell.

Chippy is now here in Norfolk, recovering after the long flight and it siad on CW that he will be at Colney for training this weekend, so he will have some input for the game next week.  If Butters is coming in, then again it can only be a good thing IMO.

All in all we have ex-players who have NCFC at heart and only want us to succeed, another positive.

Of course there is a lot of uncertainty, but that might have been the case had we had a high profile manager too.

All we can do is back the team.

[/quote]Certainly think players will play for new management team and that there is feelgood factor about the place. Your optimism and enthusiasm are also infectious we need a lot of that in the months ahead.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

That''s very true, but the atmosphere this time is different, don''t know how and can''t explain it.  Normally I''m quite pessamistic, if you have read any of my previous posts, you will see.  However, I am nervous just like any other fan, that things ''may'' go very pete tong.

I tend to go on gut instinct, listen to what is being said (by Gunny and Dixie) mainly, and weigh up arguments for and against.

We all know we are deep doo-doo, and still face the prospect of league one football.  This is the boards last chance saloon, I think they know that if it all goes wrong they will get the flak and not the management team.

How long will the optomism and good feeling last?  How long is a piece of string? 

If we go on a winning run (which is likely after new manager in), then AFAIC as a fan it''s a good thing.  If we don''t then we are no worse or better off than under Grant or Roeder.

[/quote]Think a lot of change in feeling is that GR was such a depressing influence on the club, mainly due to his attitude, that almost anybody who had taken the Barnsley match would have provoked a similar response to what Gunny got. It was similar when Grant came in for Worthy and when Roeder came in for Grant, more a sense of relief but for different reasons to exit of Roeder.

I have grave reservations about new team but have just renewed season ticket and hope I don''t get 15% reduction at end of season.

I wish new team all the best for season and they could do it, It''s just that odds seem against it. Addition of Crook could be big positive factor and new Assistant is yet to come in looking like Butterworth ( so EDP says). Yes it could work.

[/quote]

Agreed about the change in feeling having a fair bit to do with Roeder leaving.  It''s interesting to read and watch some of the players reactions to Gunny & Co being in charge, they all seem pleased, players also saying they feel more relaxed and Gunny has made a difference already, which IMHO is only a good thing.  It''s important that the players enjoy playing again and aren''t scared to make a few mistakes.

I do believe, and I may be wrong, that the team will fight now for the rest of the season to keep us up.  But only time will tell.

Chippy is now here in Norfolk, recovering after the long flight and it siad on CW that he will be at Colney for training this weekend, so he will have some input for the game next week.  If Butters is coming in, then again it can only be a good thing IMO.

All in all we have ex-players who have NCFC at heart and only want us to succeed, another positive.

Of course there is a lot of uncertainty, but that might have been the case had we had a high profile manager too.

All we can do is back the team.

[/quote]Certainly think players will play for new management team and that there is feelgood factor about the place. Your optimism and enthusiasm are also infectious we need a lot of that in the months ahead.[/quote]

I always try to see both sides, and always think I should find a good point to balance a bad point, but that''s just me.  [:D]

i do really find it hard to grasp the fact , after so many bad managers 3 ,

why you are pre-emping division 1 life when we have 18 games left , and now the crowd behind our leader.

i cant recall at any point any of the players comming out and really saying anything good about roeder.

the squad we have are not a bad team , maybe brave and say mid table.

i certainly woudnt work for a idiot like roeder , i would have told him to stick it ages ago .... and with that feeling alone from fans and players , you havent got a cat in hells chance of even playing well.

lets face it , if this logic prevails , we wont go down .

this team has slapped ipswich , wolves , and out played them ... so its obvious ,,, its the man pulling the strings that damaged this club.

come tuesday night , i bet peoples minds will start to think this legend will be a bigger one soon.