Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

For the attention of Pete - Sports Desk

In Michael Bailey''s piece on Mike Walker today, he stated that John Deehan is Asst Manager.

Can you please confirm this is NOT correct.

Cheers

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]In Michael Bailey''s piece on Mike Walker today, he stated that John Deehan is Asst Manager. Can you please confirm this is NOT correct. Cheers[/quote]

He stated that Deehan was assistant manager, which he was.

Yes Yes don''t rub it in.

My excuse is I just dont want Dixie any where near a training pitch thank you and certainly not as Asst Manager.

Now off to the pub. Nobody knows I''m Bury Yellow there

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Yes Yes don''t rub it in.

My excuse is I just dont want Dixie any where near a training pitch thank you and certainly not as Asst Manager.

Now off to the pub. Nobody knows I''m Bury Yellow there[/quote]intrigued as to why you would say that when he was no 2 in the best spell we ever had

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Yes Yes don''t rub it in.

Now off to the pub. Nobody knows I''m Bury Yellow there[/quote]intrigued as to why you would say that when he was no 2 in the best spell we ever had[/quote]Is a bit baffling isn''t it?Fair enough it didn''t work out for him as manager, but to be frank he was kinda stitched up by the death throes of the Chase regime. As an assistant I''d be hard pushed to name a better one on results.Still, don''t let that get in the way of a good old fashioned witch hunt, especially as it''s a proper witch hunt, completely devoid of logic given that Deehan has had zero input on the pitch thus far.I say burn him!

His record having left Norwich is very poor. Dixie is a decent bloke and will do well as Chief Scout but bearing mind we have taken a chance with Gunny and Crook I just didn''t want Dixie as Asst Manager.

I am really pleased that Gunny got the job but the appointment of Asst Manager will be of great importance and if it''s Ian Butterworth, the team will look complete.

Interesting thoughts on Dixie. He was probably the most succesfull assistant manager we ever had. The only reason he struggled as a manager was he inherited Walkers team when he ran off to the big lights of Everton at the same time we were selling off every decent player we had.

No manager would have made a sucess of that period in our history.