Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Our only saleable asset

Well Mr Keegan has been making noises very recently which somewhat trumps what I have to say, which I arrived at whilst witnessing Saturday''s efforts.

Norwich currently only have one saleable asset namely one Robert Green, Manchester City need a keeper badly. However a straight swap for DH at a value of £500k-£1m is obviously out of the question. However DH plus £1m (£2m would be better) would not be out of the question.

City desperately need a forward line as was proven by Saturday, whether it be DH or Peter Crouch on loan for the rest of the season, this needs money. PC cost £5.5m last season, could we buy him permanently, no because we could not pay his transfer fee, because Villa would not want to lose over £5m on an unproven asset. Then we may need an alternative option perhaps Dave Kitson at Cambridge we could afford. A risk certainly but in our financial position we can''t attract 1st Div strikers e.g. Connolly, Hulse, Taylor etc. Perhaps need to take risk here, but must remember last trip to Camb Utd was not too successful.

With our £1m burning a hole, £200k would get Kevin Harper, perhaps less, the squad is short on quality and numbers. With a little left over for a defender perhaps.

Greeno valued at £1.5m perhaps you scoff, but I assure you it is extremely unlikely unless City reach the Prem Greeno will sign extension, would you ? And RG goes the way of DK and IM.

Although Greeno an excellent keeper, it would be easier to replace him with a slightly less able deputy than NW has in finding attacking options, perhaps Tyler at Peterboro, just a suggestion.

Keegan seems to feel he has a sale on his hands reading between the lines, Mrs DH happy we hear that counts for a lot, and for other alternative interested clubs I doubt the Huckerbys will find S London as appealing as Norfolk.

However I must finally apologise for not penning a new song or chant which may run to several verses and never be sung on the terraces, but may just make it to poetry reading.

Also a lack of prepositions and over use of capitalisation, but the intelligensia will know who they are !

Mrs H might not want to live in London but a move to Wigan would''nt involve moving at all as I beleive it is only about 30 miles from Manchester ?

You don''t need to live in South London to play there. There are some great places to live in Kent, Sussex and Surrey and the price won''t be a problem on £20k a week. Also he could play for Wigan without moving at all. But I can''t see him wanting to play for either. When the transfer window opens in January there will be a number of clubs at the bottom of the Prem looking for a lifeline (Villa for instance) who will have Sky money now and a parachute payment to help out if they don''t survive. That way Man City get what they want, a fat transfer fee and Hucks off the wages and Hucks gets Prem football and no pay cut. Hard for us to compete but I hope we can.