Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Has anybody seen chippy yet?

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

Has he arrived on Norfolk soil yet?

[/quote]

The receptionist at Dunston Hall may be able to answer that.

I thought that his arrival might have been mentioned on the news section of this website somewhere. I also wondered if there was going to be another press conference, with all the new yellow and green blooded management team assembled.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I am sure I read that he landed yesterday morning, but I could have dreamt it lol[/quote]

At the press conference Gunny said that Chippy was in the air at the time, so unless the pilot''s got lost he should have landed by now!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I am sure I read that he landed yesterday morning, but I could have dreamt it lol[/quote]

At the press conference Gunny said that Chippy was in the air at the time, so unless the pilot''s got lost he should have landed by now!!!

[/quote]

lol I didn''t dream it then [:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Perhaps chippy took the bold step to fly himself here by powered hang glider or hot air ballooon! That would take some time.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Perhaps chippy took the bold step to fly himself here by powered hang glider or hot air ballooon! That would take some time.

[/quote]

lol well it may have been cheaper than by plane.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]Didn''t Gunn say that he expected him to start work in Sunday?[/quote]

Have just listened to the clips again and indeed he''s due to start this weekend.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]He must have landed by now, surely??[/quote]

19 hrs flying time plus 4 hrs changing flights plus 3 hrs by road from London. Sydney is 11 hrs ahead of Norwich and one feels very tired as the world is spinning against you on the return journey.Takes about 10 days to get right.

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"]19 hours is he taking a flight using rocket fuel?
[/quote]

The 32 hr flights are long, long gone

does anyone find it odd that Chippy is leaving an assured job in oz for what could be just a few months in the UK if w go down??? or is there something afoot at Carrow road regarding chippy and Gunn moving aside in the summer.. will Crook be the next manager?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

does anyone find it odd that Chippy is leaving an assured job in oz for what could be just a few months in the UK if w go down??? or is there something afoot at Carrow road regarding chippy and Gunn moving aside in the summer.. will Crook be the next manager?

jas :)

[/quote]

Is Crook going to relocate to Norfolk.....and bring his family over?.....Doubt it, if we''re relegated.....

I think it''ll be an initial short-term ''loiter'' by Crooky Boy till May 3rd....Then?

I read somewhere that he was coming over initially on his own as his son has important exams coming up, and his wife works at the University. The family plans to join him in the summer, though I guess that will depend on how it pans out! Also read somewhere that he was due to arrive early this morning and join Gunn and the team at Colney tomorrow. It''s like a royal progress isn''t it.

Haven''t seen him and indeed, have never met him. But I did watch him play. Cliches like " a joy to watch" were entirely appropriate for this man. he could have played top flight football all his career - and indeed he did for some of it with Norwich. When people say Norfolk is the grave yard of ambition, it is not meant maliciously - but to emphasise that newcomers can find themselves content and happy with the world around them. Think Adams, think Fleck, think Fleming, think Huckerby etc etc - & Gunn. Crook wanted to try his hand at football management but his love for the club and area I think is undoubted - that is why his name has cropped up so many times before. Must ahve a nice lifestyle in Oz - personally I am delighted he''s coming back on any basis. If we have him just until the end of the season that in itself will be worthwhile IMO. Longer and we could be really back on the road to recovery. He will want the players to play football that''s for certain. Think Clingan, think Bell, think Hoolahan - and maybe even Lappin.

According to his brother on radio Norfolk he was due to land at 6am on Friday (sorry don''t know the airport) then trying to find accomadation in or around the city - possible one of the appartments on riverside- really looking forward to seeing his skills on the coaching side but not expecting a quick fix.

Good luck to all the new team