Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

The Boards Big Panic

Did the board know what they were doing when trying to find a new manager. The answer is a resounding NO.

They initially say they want Norwich links and if possible championship experience, so they go for Worthingon; neglecting the fact 75% fans wanted him out when he was sacked just two years ago after a public campaign.

I now understand that someone else was offered the job, untill the end of the season but turned it down; due to being paid by his old club for a further 18 months and didnt want to lose out if he left after 6 months in charge. This man has NO link with Norwich, but bundles of championship experience, he would have had a former Norwich player (inexperienced coach) as part of the team....

....but when that fails they forget about championship experience and go for ''a dreamteam'', i''m not saying it won''t work; but to me the board seem to have lost all sense of direction; and not actually had a set plan for what sort of manager they wanted.

Oh well, time to move on and get behind Gunny and the players. If we keep dragging up the past, we''ll lose sight of the present and in our current situation, that could be fatal!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]What next? Delia and the Board''s Big Picnic?....Only if we survive relegation....[/quote]

After the Bar-B-Q I wouldn''t say that''s a wise choice lol

I think they may have had an idea, but... We are in a tricky situation. Thin squad, no money, relegation dogfight. As Roeder''s example shows, a good short term solution may not work on the medium or long run, and not everyone wants to risk their reputation/longer term prospects by getting us relegated. We are looking for a new manager while being in a mess for the second/third time around. As a consequence, we are forced to make (bad) compromises. So maybe a temp solution that keeps us up this season and leads to better longer term options in the summer is the right thing to do. Or at least it worth giving it a go.  

He''s a PR fence for Smith to hide behind. I feel rather sad that he will probably lose the respect he has at CR by doing someone else a short term favour.

Still...what does she care?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]What next? Delia and the Board''s Big Picnic?....Only if we survive relegation....[/quote]

After the Bar-B-Q I wouldn''t say that''s a wise choice lol

[/quote]

HAH!  Good one!  We''d have to survive both relegation AND the picnic!