Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

BBC MUST DO THE FA CUP COVERAGE!!

yes the camera angle was terrible for the portsmouth match but!!!!   at least they don`t just automatically start with the big teams . coventry and torquay was quite high up the pecking order, bbc would have devoted the 1st half hr to man u v spurs  even though it was only on live 3 hrs earlier...i`m starting to slowly warm to itvs coverage [:D]

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Here Here!

How awful was the camera angle for the Portsmouth match?

Great summariser too in Robbie Earle.....

[/quote]

Where where?

Yeah the goals kept pinging in from out of nowhere with no build up play shown at all. Like Lampard''s free kick that made it 3 - 1, what binner atrocity was that for?

Not that I care, it was hilarious anyway watching my two least favourite teams in action, and my least favourite team losing as well!!!!

Couldn''t agree more, terrible coverage at times. Come back BBC, all is forgiven!

[quote user="pennywise "]yes the camera angle was terrible for the portsmouth match but!!!!   at least they don`t just automatically start with the big teams . coventry and torquay was quite high up the pecking order, bbc would have devoted the 1st half hr to man u v spurs  even though it was only on live 3 hrs earlier...i`m starting to slowly warm to itvs coverage [:D][/quote]

Actually, ITV sort of did that in the last round with Liverpool. They showed the live game, and then, three hours or so later, they devoted the longest highlights section to the very same game. Fair enough, it wasn''t the first game shown, but it was easily the longest.

But then, ITV are all about Liverpool for some reason. Despite them being just about the most boring side in the Premier...

[quote user="pennywise "]yes the camera angle was terrible for the portsmouth match but!!!!   at least they don`t just automatically start with the big teams . coventry and torquay was quite high up the pecking order, bbc would have devoted the 1st half hr to man u v spurs  even though it was only on live 3 hrs earlier...i`m starting to slowly warm to itvs coverage [:D][/quote]

But if the BBC had been doing it, we would probably have seen either Kettering v Fulham and Torquay v Coventry live as we were against Tamworth a couple of years back. ITV have no idea what the FA cup is all about - likewise Setanta or we wouldn''t have had Spurs v Man Utd and the Liverpool derby twice in two weeks.

Agree about the camera''s -or lack of them- at the Portsmouth-Swansea match, appalling!Its all too "bitty" with ad breaks interrupting any continuity, but then, with ITV, thats what you get-although this fragmentation has steadily got worse over the years. I guess they -and Setanta- pushed themselves to the limits to get the coverage and have to scrape every penny back they can. This is why ITV and other commercial broadcasters are now clamouring for part of the licence fee to go their way-yet, whenever the question of the BBC being partially funded through advertising or ensorsements and/or programme sponsorship (and expect the latter on the BBC within 5-7 years) they squawk and squeal the loudest in protest.

Your wish will come true next season as the BBC are covering Championship this is going to be regional, F1, and FA cup, we will be able to watch Highlights on a saturday evening, as well as that we will be getting M O T D 11 for midweek matches, and the premier league will be on Sky only, Setanta are also upgrading next season and getting cup matches as well as euro football cup matches, how do I know this well it was in the BBC magazine that came with my new TV licence. All I can say is Hooray for the BBC   

[quote user="pete_norw"]Your wish will come true next season as the BBC are covering Championship this is going to be regional, F1, and FA cup, we will be able to watch Highlights on a saturday evening, as well as that we will be getting M O T D 11 for midweek matches, and the premier league will be on Sky only, Setanta are also upgrading next season and getting cup matches as well as euro football cup matches, how do I know this well it was in the BBC magazine that came with my new TV licence. All I can say is Hooray for the BBC   [/quote]

...are BBC keeping the main Premiership Rights, Match of the Day?!