Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Even though I'm one of the biggest board bashers on this 'ere forum...

The fact that they''ve frozen season ticket prices shows that they have the best interests of the fans at heart.This is one of the only times where I''m pleased to say well done board [:)]

[quote user="CT "]The fact that they''ve frozen season ticket prices shows that they have the best interests of the fans at heart.

This is one of the only times where I''m pleased to say well done board [:)]
[/quote]

The cynical amongst us might think that perhaps it was done to try and encourage the 9,000 missing supporters from the Charlton match to renew.

[quote user="CT "]The fact that they''ve frozen season ticket prices shows that they have the best interests of the fans at heart.This is one of the only times where I''m pleased to say well done board [:)][/quote]Are they still offering the 25% discount if we get relegated?

Don''t understand the constant referecnce to our low crowd for the cup game. Have any of you looked at what crowds other teams got?  Ours was one of the better ones.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT "]The fact that they''ve frozen season ticket prices shows that they have the best interests of the fans at heart.This is one of the only times where I''m pleased to say well done board [:)][/quote]Are they still offering the 25% discount if we get relegated?[/quote]They are currently offering a 20% discount for tickets renewed before the first deadline, and 10% for those renewed before the second deadline according to the offy site.

[quote user="CT "]The fact that they''ve frozen season ticket prices shows that they have the best interests of the fans at heart.

[/quote]

You are easily pleased then.

The product has been rubbish for at least the last three years

We are in danger of relegation, and therefore the product will get worse.

So our board, in the goodness of their hearts decide NOT to increase the price on an increasingly unpopular product.

Everyone says "Oh well done"

In any other business they would have been reducing the cost.

Well, I will be waiting till very near the Feb 28 deadline before deciding whether or not I will spend my pennies on renewing. I''m not a fair weather fan but in view of credit crunch and an addition to my family this month then I am going to have give careful consideration to whether I can justify the £366. As some have said, it hasn''t been a lot of fun attending CR for much of the last 3 seasons, seeing crap team after crap team take points of us with just the occasional highlight to keep us happy. Personally, I only renewed this year as it is the only chance I have to catch up with 2 of my best mates who both live away and are only in Norwich for the home games! I might just set aside the money and meet up with them once a month for a good p*ss up!!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

So our board, in the goodness of their hearts decide NOT to increase the price on an increasingly unpopular product.

[/quote]

But this ISN''T any other business, this is football.

Most clubs would''ve still put their prices up despite being in our position, yet our''s hasn''t. Credit to them for that.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m with you Butler, I would have rather they had come out and said, we are going to charge £500 for a season ticket but as part of that we are prepared to spend 5 million pounds in the transfer ,market. It is much more enjoyable going to a football match to see good footballers who give us a chance of winning matches.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

The cynical amongst us might think that perhaps it was done to try and encourage the 9,000 missing supporters from the Charlton match to renew.

[/quote]

and the cycnical amongst us would be right Mr B!

[quote user="jbghost"]Don''t understand the constant referecnce to our low crowd for the cup game. Have any of you looked at what crowds other teams got?  Ours was one of the better ones.[/quote]

It was a decent crowd if you compared it to what other teams got but considering it was kids for a quid you would normally have expected 18-20000 for that game if you look at recent records of our attendances, we got around 19k for the Blackpool replay a couple of years ago and I don''t think that game was kids for a quid. The crowd was down because of the dross we''ve had to put up with recently, many season ticket holders obviously decided not to fork out more money to watch even more rubbish. I am a ST holder and only decided to go at lunchtime on the day of the game, I ended up sitting there thoroughly bored and frustrated for 90 minutes and cursing my stipidity as to how I parted with 15 quid to watch that rubbish.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m with you Butler, I would have rather they had come out and said, we are going to charge £500 for a season ticket but as part of that we are prepared to spend 5 million pounds in the transfer ,market. It is much more enjoyable going to a football match to see good footballers who give us a chance of winning matches.

[/quote]

Spot on, I have said similar things on this board in the past. I''d rather pay an extra if I knew that money would go towards the managers transfer kitty, you get what you pay for and we are paying bottom dollar for our football. It''s a bit like buying smart price food in Asda and wondering why most of ot tastes like crap.

[quote user="question mark"]

Most clubs would''ve still put their prices up despite being in our position, yet our''s hasn''t. Credit to them for that.

[/quote]Most businesses when faced with the prospect of making a loss in the next year would take some sort of remedial action to negate or reduce that loss yet NCFC hasn''t. Naive or just no confidence in the core product, I can think of no other reason why a business would budget to make a larger loss than neccesary.