Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Has it sunk in yet?

Hi all

I''ve moaned about the Gunn appointment from minute one, and to be honest although I''m still going Tuesday and until the end of the season. I''m still not overwhelmed with it all but whats the point in going on about it, nowts going to change.

The thing that has naffed me off the most is the board, in the past others have moaned about the board and I''ve stuck up for Delia and co, but the sheer contempt that they have showed in this appoinment to the fans is a joke.

1. Telling us that they had a shortlist of 5 names - what a load of rubbish! they only ever had gunn in there minds. "yellow and green blood"

2. Interviews will be conduvted on Monday and Tuesday - Rubbish, the only intereviews were with Ian Crook to see if he could get a plane ticket and if Deehan was available!

3. Gunn and co is only till the end of the season  - Cr*p - Ian crook giving up his job in Aussy for 4 months over here, to return if sacked with nowt! If we a relegated they will carry on next season as the best option with the funds!

4. Media hype, Ince 1/2 on favorite, Malky and Boothroyd odd-on, Churbishly on the back of the EDP! - What a load of rubbish! Overhyped media, what sorces at the NCFC gave the papers leads for this rubbish. to divert the press!

5. The feel good factor is returning to Carrow road after 1 win, Gunns appointment, and fixed season ticket prices! - wow, quick postman hurry up and give me my letter, I must sign up again to this joke!

Sorry everyone I''m still bitter, I use to hate Smudger and Chuck and sometime 1st wizard with there negative posts etc.. but I must admit this has done me in! Perhaps they have been right all along?

I will feel sorry for Gunn in 18 months time, after the fans turn on him, after the first bad Radio Norfolk phone in , stating his lack of know-how and players out of position etc etc.. the mans a Legend both on and off the pitch.

I want him to stay a legend so lets hope I''m wrong.

I will see you all on Tuesday night, yet I won''t know who you are! Cheers All

Sorry forgot to mention the stupid attempt to get Worthy back!

Its like the board had run out of options!

(as for people stating that Ince was offered the job and turned it down, it must have been purely through lack of wages or funding.) Or this is media hype again from NCFC!

Asking for permission (which the club has denied) to approach him about the manager’s job is not the same thing as wanting to appoint him, it was just an enquiry, nothing more, nothing less. As for thinking Gunn is a simple solution for the board, I am sure that it was not. Those who think that Gunn will be a push over certainly don''t know him from his time in Aberdeen where on more than one occasion he stood up to Ferguson, he''s not a yes man and never will be. As for a cheap option, surely in this time of economic hardship it is better to appoint from within, rather than bring in a manager who probably wants to renew everything before getting down to working out how to keep the club in the premiership. Well to be honest we don''t have time for all that messing about and Gunn and his team will be able to get down to work straight away, time will tell whether it will be a success but going by what experienced managers and coaches have done recently at Carrow Road, he can''t be any worse!

TBh i think the only thought on the board''s mind was how do we sell season tickets for next season at the moment!!

Doomcaster comments here just confirm what i thought all along. It has nowt to do with having a decent team...once again! [:@]

If Gunny proves me wrong though, i will be delighted!

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED24%20Jan%202009%2011%3A10%3A39%3A637

[quote user="geo374"]

Asking for permission (which the club has denied) to approach him about the manager’s job is not the same thing as wanting to appoint him, [/quote]

Rubbish! why would the board of enquired if Worthy was available if they had no intention of talking t him about the job?

jas :)

Clubs often enquire about people they have worked with before, but that does not mean they are going to offer them a job!

''I will feel sorry for Gunn in 18 months time, after the fans turn on

him, after the first bad Radio Norfolk phone in , stating his lack of

know-how and players out of position etc etc.. the mans a Legend both

on and off the pitch.''

Well hello,  Gunn is a grown man who doesn''t need his arse wiping anymore.  And besides the doom and gloom merchants will say our fans will turn on anybody we have as Manager.  The reason why is because a lot are chomping a the bit to stick the boot in and be negative.

Besides, if things do go wrong, has anybody considered Gunn is more likely to step aside rather than let it get nasty?

[quote user="geo374"]Clubs often enquire about people they have worked with before, but that does not mean they are going to offer them a job![/quote]

so why enquire? what''s the bloody point of asking for someone if you have no intention of offering them the job? think about it for a second

Can''t see anything in that article where he doesn''t want a decent team and it is his job to try and maximise season ticket sales. The club has to have a business plan to present to the bank and other loan guarantors for every season and the fact that the feelgood factor is in his opinion back at the club is a positive in these difficult times. The negativity that surrounds the appointment of Gunn by many supporters reflects badly on them not the club!

I totally agree Koimatsuba.

The feel good factor has returned – nope, it was just nice to get a win. I’m still feeling unsure weather to renew my season ticket because we don’t even know who the manager is for the new season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="geo374"]Clubs often enquire about people they have worked with before, but that does not mean they are going to offer them a job![/quote]

so why enquire? what''s the bloody point of asking for someone if you have no intention of offering them the job? think about it for a second

[/quote]Because Doncaster produces a list of Managers who''d be interested then presents it to The Board for them to collectively decide who to appoint.  It''s simple really half a seconds thought.

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Because Doncaster produces a list of Managers who''d be interested then presents it to The Board for them to collectively decide who to appoint.  It''s simple really half a seconds thought.
[/quote]

so therefore they were going to speak to Worthington about the job as he was on the shortlist and they enquired.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Darren Butt-Head"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Because Doncaster produces a list of Managers who''d be interested then presents it to The Board for them to collectively decide who to appoint.  It''s simple really half a seconds thought.[/quote]

so therefore they were going to speak to Worthington about the job as he was on the shortlist and they enquired.

[/quote]Dunno about the shortlist of 5 -6 names,  but if it''s true about trying to contact Worthy he would have been on ''a'' list of countless names. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Do you really need to swear in front of the children who read and use this Board? Maybe when the appointment of a Manager is considered there are others to think about besides you, Smudger and 1st Wizard and maybe as far as Worthington is concerned it is better to find out who is free to accept the job before considering them.

Whilst you are of course entitled to your opinion, the fact is that points 1-5 are exactly that....your opinion.   You could be right but you have no idea of the real facts any more than I have.  If you want to assume conspiracy, doom and gloom and work yourself into a dpressive stupour then that is your right and if you want to post iit and share it with the rest of us on this mb then that too is your right.

Why not just calm down and see what happens.  You getting yourself in a stew is not going to unappoint Gunn and replace him with Boothroyd.  You''ll be a lot happier learning to live with it and chanelling your feelings into things you can change.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Hi all

I''ve moaned about the Gunn appointment from minute one, and to be honest although I''m still going Tuesday and until the end of the season. I''m still not overwhelmed with it all but whats the point in going on about it, nowts going to change.

[/quote]I agree with you, and I agree that it''s time to unite behind Gunn''s team and move forward.  Let''s hope we''re pleasantly surprised.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Sorry forgot to mention the stupid attempt to get Worthy back!

Its like the board had run out of options!

(as for people stating that Ince was offered the job and turned it down, it must have been purely through lack of wages or funding.) Or this is media hype again from NCFC!

[/quote]

Well it doesn''t take a rocket scientist to work out that they have run out of options. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Hi all

[/quote]

I agree with you, and I agree that it''s time to unite behind Gunn''s team and move forward.  Let''s hope we''re pleasantly surprised.
[/quote]

Cheers Mister Chops, I liked your article last week also. Cambridge Carnary, I have moved on as the bottom of my post states, just wondered if others had aswell, hence the title.

Cheers for all your replies, like with obama, Gunn, the next tory goverment, etc etc ... time and history will tell if it was the right choice.

up the city ..