Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

andy bishop.

Would prefer Danny Graham from Carlisle but Bishop is a big striker with a goalscoring record. We could do a lot worse.

I don''t hold too much with being proven at a certain level as it''s like only employing people whose c.v.''s show that they''ve done a job before regardless of whether they were any good at it or not. Andy Hughes played for a decade at Championship level without being good enough, whilst Dean Ashton handled the jump from League One to England team within the passage of about three years.

like alot of the canarys of old , pretty much most of them were from lower leauge teams or through the ranks,

maybe that will be the route mr gunn will go down ,

We should be looking at the lower leagues, look at how well teams like Wolves and Reading do with them, give them a go, they never really cost alot, except of your one of Barry Fry''s charges, if they don''t do well then we have not really lost alot. We do need to make sure that we get the right blend of lower league and Prem/Champ players.

There is something quite rewarding when you get a lower league player and polish him, can''t remember last time we done well with one.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

We should be looking at the lower leagues, look at how well teams like Wolves and Reading do with them, give them a go, they never really cost alot, except of your one of Barry Fry''s charges, if they don''t do well then we have not really lost alot. We do need to make sure that we get the right blend of lower league and Prem/Champ players.

There is something quite rewarding when you get a lower league player and polish him, can''t remember last time we done well with one.

[/quote]Adam Drury maybe?

Bell, Curo and Semmy have not done brillianltly have they, beside we bought JC of Col U when they were in the Champ and Forest had just been promoted to the champ when we bought Clingfilm, so those 2 were not exactly lower league players.

Drury and I suppose Mckenzie were the last 2 for me. Bell has still got a lot to prove to me and Semmy needs to show his potential and show it quickly,

[/quote]

I have just noticed how many posts you have on here .......I canot believe what you have said !!!

[/quote]

Ummm...... Steve Bruce, Kevin Drinkell, Dean Ashton, Lee Marshall, Adam Drury, Leon, Damian Francis, Ashley Ward.......

[quote user="singing canary"]

like alot of the canarys of old , pretty much most of them were from lower leauge teams or through the ranks,

maybe that will be the route mr gunn will go down ,

[/quote]I agree .. look at Ashley ward joining us from division 2 when we where in premiership founding year (1992-93)!Ca always remember mike walker getting player from the lower leagues also alot of the better players played for city befour moving on to bigger clubs!

Generally speaking, building a team for a club like Norwich before the 1990s required the following ingredients: good youth policy; buying players from lower leagues or the same division; buying players from a higher division who had fallen out of favour, were at the end of their career, or were in their reserves; players from abroad. Now the wage gap and transfer fees between the Championship and Premier League are so great that that avenue is generally closed off apart from loans, we can only rely on the other channels - they all involve elements of risk but, watching Everton yesterday - they had four players who started in lower leagues and I think four players brought through their youth ranks were involved so can be done even at the highest level. Perhaps they should be our new model following the demise of Charlton!