Sign in to follow this  
NC

Assistant Manager?

Maybe I''ve missed something on other posts but I''m surprised that only Ian Buterworth is being touted as Gunny''s new #2

No mention of a Mr Rob Newman?!

I would suggest Butterworth is better qualified, his record is good and is well respected. IMHO he is the key to any success rather like Lee Clarke would have been if only the board had got their ears to the ground.

Big Rob is a lovely bloke but in coaching terms does not compare favourably.

BTW anymore ''lovely blokes'' channelled into the club and the players will be smothered to death!!

Haha, yeah the board are pulling out all the stops to become the friendly Norwich family of old (literally), and I''m in full support. Saying that though I didn''t need ratty rodent to be everyones best friend if he''d delivered the goods....

I certainly agree that Butterworth seems the more experienced and qualified assisstant, but no other names seem to have been mentioned and seeing as it''s an old boys reunion was surprised big Rob hasn''t been thrown in the mix. Am chuffed to see chippy back, hopefully we''ll see our midfield creativity benefit :-)

I can''t understand why Mike Walker is not being mentioned more for the Assistant Manager.  I would have thought he would be an ideal candidate; he is vastly experienced and gets along with Gunn, Crook and Deehan.  He would help us play attractive football, and more importantly he is available and sounds very keen in the Pink''un article.

Granted, I am in Melbourne so I don''t always get the most up to date information, however I think Mike Walker would be great.  As for Ian Butterworth, we would probably have to pay some compensation to Hartlepool United, and to be honest I really don’t rate him.  It seems his best accomplishment was being Assistant Manager at Cardiff, and he even got sacked from that.  It’s unusual that a Manager would keep his job, yet the Assistant would get the boot.

Anyway, that’s just my thoughts; I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

Nice thought with Mike Walker, but i think you''ll find he is very settled in Cyprus, he likes the lifestyle and the warm weather, so doubt he''ll ever be back in the UK to live!!