Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Season tickets

Just to start it all off again. thought you might like to know I have just Re-newed two, me and my son, so we will be doing an Arni Next season

After 12 years, I''m not renewing [:''(]

It''s not a protest against the way the club is run, or due to credit cruch.  I just have a little one that has become a higher priority - and that''s saying something.  A few years ago, my manager asked me to work late.  I said I couldn''t, I was going to watch the midweek game.  He questioned my priorities and asked "what''s more important, the game or your job?"  I walked out, and that was the last day I worked there...

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]The club automatically renwed mine for me, which was nice of them...[/quote]

Was just going to post the same! Can''t believe you don''t have to sign at least a simple form telling them you''d like to continue (which I do of course, but that''s not the point). It''s very clever marketing, you know there will be a few people who wouldn''t have gone to the effort of renewing, but now wont go to the effort of cancelling.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Has everyone had their forms in the post?    [/quote]

Hubby got his Saturday and I got mine today.

[/quote]Thanks WAY49.I moved house in December and was a bit concerned that everyones had turned up a week ago so thought I better check.I will make a call home in a bit to see if it has arrived.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Has everyone had their forms in the post?   
[/quote]

Hubby got his Saturday and I got mine today.

[/quote]

Thanks WAY49.

I moved house in December and was a bit concerned that everyones had turned up a week ago so thought I better check.

I will make a call home in a bit to see if it has arrived.
[/quote]

If you don''t get it this week just give the club a ring to double check they have the right addy.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]The club automatically renwed mine for me, which was nice of them...[/quote]

Was just going to post the same! Can''t believe you don''t have to sign at least a simple form telling them you''d like to continue (which I do of course, but that''s not the point). It''s very clever marketing, you know there will be a few people who wouldn''t have gone to the effort of renewing, but now wont go to the effort of cancelling.[/quote]

Aimed at lazy people like me.

I would''ve thought as it''s a direct debit some signature would have been required.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]The club automatically renwed mine for me, which was nice of them...[/quote]Was just going to post the same! Can''t believe you don''t have to sign at least a simple form telling them you''d like to continue (which I do of course, but that''s not the point). It''s very clever marketing, you know there will be a few people who wouldn''t have gone to the effort of renewing, but now wont go to the effort of cancelling.[/quote]

I would''ve thought as it''s a direct debit some signature would have been required.

[/quote]A photocopy of last years?!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]The club automatically renwed mine for me, which was nice of them...[/quote]

Was just going to post the same! Can''t believe you don''t have to sign at least a simple form telling them you''d like to continue (which I do of course, but that''s not the point). It''s very clever marketing, you know there will be a few people who wouldn''t have gone to the effort of renewing, but now wont go to the effort of cancelling.[/quote]

[/quote]

A photocopy of last years?!
[/quote]

I phoned up this morning to renew and they said are your bank details the same and  correct, I said yes and Oh thats ok your tickets are automaticly renewed, unless you tell them otherwise before feb 24th, I have joined the D D for next season £30.50p a month can''t be bad, when we get 3 matches in some months    

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

Oh no Pete............please tell me you didn''t sign the form that said in big print " Take the worry out of renewing your season ticket "

......and very small print at the bottom saying " signing this contract legally binds you until 2108, or death, whichever comes later " ??? 

The direct debit thing seems to be quite common in business it seems, I have several other financial transactions which keep going in the same way, leaving me to cancel or amend as appropriate. The ST is rather like council tax, just keep on paying!!! We have come a long way (used to have to pay interest on the instalment plan a few years back). I just wish I had the money for a season in the Directors'' Box at just over £2,000. Would be very interesting...

Anyway I am renewing, so not a problem for me.

My Forms came through the post this afternoon, i''l be ringing up to renew tomorrow on my lunch hour.

Once we moved to 12 monthly direct debits it was an obvious move. Most other things you pay on monthly direct debit continue until you make the effort to stop paying.

Home insurance, car insurance, council tax, TV licence etc

Good news as far as I''m concerned, saves the effort of sending in the forms on time.