Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Season ticket renewals - protect supporters money

Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.[/quote]

Do you agree?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.[/quote]Do you know of any examples of clubs going into administration and subsequesntly cancelling the saeson tickets of supporters? I think you are worrying about nothing.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.[/quote]If we went into admin and took a points deduction, we''d still have a team next season and your season ticket would still be valid.Nice use of "Escrow" though, it''s like I''m back in the office.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Canary Nut"]Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.[/quote]

Do you know of any examples of clubs going into administration and subsequesntly cancelling the saeson tickets of supporters? I think you are worrying about nothing.
[/quote]

So lets do nothing to protect ourselves......I wonder if people a couple of years back thought the banks would need rights issues, government supplied capital, loan guarantees.....

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Canary Nut"]Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.[/quote]Do you know of any examples of clubs going into administration and subsequesntly cancelling the saeson tickets of supporters? I think you are worrying about nothing.[/quote]

So lets do nothing to protect ourselves......I wonder if people a couple of years back thought the banks would need rights issues, government supplied capital, loan guarantees.....

[/quote]I don''t know of any examples of clubs cancelling season tickets upon entering administration and I don''t think we will go into administration either, so I don''t plan to do anything. Having said that, you are probably wise to take your financial advice off someone other than me - this time last year I was confidently predicting that there wouldn''t be a recession!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Canary Nut"]Just in case NCFC somehow managed to go into Administration (say due to relegation), the club as part of the season ticket renewal process should ensure that peoples money are protected.  For example those paying upfront should have their money put into some sort of Escrow account that is drawn down through the season. May be some solicitor could come up with a solution for those paying by Direct Debit over time.[/quote]Do you know of any examples of clubs going into administration and subsequesntly cancelling the saeson tickets of supporters? I think you are worrying about nothing.[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t know of any examples of clubs cancelling season tickets upon entering administration and I don''t think we will go into administration either, so I don''t plan to do anything. Having said that, you are probably wise to take your financial advice off someone other than me - this time last year I was confidently predicting that there wouldn''t be a recession![/quote]Don''t worry.  Just try to be open and honest next time.  You seem quite intelligent.