Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gorehams Alter Ego

Gunny on Tuesday night

[quote user="bullshead"]

Don''t know if this has been posted already but wouldn''t it be a laugh if Gunn came out and nutted the cross bar....just as one off.

[/quote]

would be awesome, i loved it when the barclay would build it up as he got closer and then cheer as he nutted the bar

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]please elaborate for us young ''uns[/quote]

the original post says it all.  Something of a trip down memory lane there for the older ones amongst us back to when we had a decent team and life at Carrow Road seemed much happier.

It was always tradition for Gunny to run out of the tunnel onto the pitch, run towards the goal (in the mean time the Barclay would yell wooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) getting to the goal and he would jump up as to pretend to hit the crossbar with his head............sort of tradition lol.

Saw Gunny attempt to head the Barclay Goal on Friday night. Went to the Burns night dinner and Gunny carried the haggis across the pitch accompanied by the piper. To everyones amazement he ran towards the goal and attempted to head the bar just like in his playing days. Incidently he has a cut on top of his head which he said he had done on his fireplace, not on the crossbar

Im sure i would have found it funny at the time... right now, im struggling.....

The funniest thing ive seen in recent times was when the 59ers came on the pitch at half-time against Barnsley.
One of the old chaps, dunno who, was enjoying himself a bit to much (good on him) dancing all over the place
and falling over advertising boards etc.
Bless him!

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]Im sure i would have found it funny at the time... right now, im struggling.....

The funniest thing ive seen in recent times was when the 59ers came on the pitch at half-time against Barnsley.
One of the old chaps, dunno who, was enjoying himself a bit to much (good on him) dancing all over the place
and falling over advertising boards etc.
Bless him![/quote]

It was definately one of those things that it was better had you experienced it.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh those memories of when we had a cracking team [:|]

It was one of the great rituals! I''m not sure if he could jump high enough now (nor could I, I''m afraid).

HAHA yesss! One of the 59''ers was absolutely loving!! Skipping around and really making the most of it (good on ''im)

Does anyone know which one he was? Would have been funny if he was just one of the subs throughout the run and the worst player in the team.

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

HAHA yesss! One of the 59''ers was absolutely loving!! Skipping around and really making the most of it (good on ''im)

Does anyone know which one he was? Would have been funny if he was just one of the subs throughout the run and the worst player in the team.

[/quote]They didn''t have any subs. They had a travelling reserve for injury sake but not subs as we know them today