Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Re: Blimey: Archant invade the Hatters Board but only for a small bit mind..........

[quote user="Tommy Gunn"]"Blimey: Archant invade the Hatters Board"

Blimey Cam ''invasion''? Have you been doing the Mick Dennis ''Learn Journalism'' correspondence course again?[;)]

Still some good answers on there and the general consensus seems to be they''d love the lads to stay at Luton.
[/quote]

Dennis is a challenge out on the road.  An Archant reporter never, ever.

PS: When the little girl from the EDP stuck outside Bootiful Bird Flu Bernard''s Bootiful Premises heard us filing on Bootiful Bird Flu from Hungary said: "I don''t think I''m allowed to say that.  Where did you get that from?"

"It''s on AFP"

"I don''t think we take AFP"

Whatever in Little Owd Naaaarwich or however you spell it.

Good luck.

[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: When the little girl from the EDP stuck outside Bootiful Bird Flu Bernard''s Bootiful Premises heard us filing on Bootiful Bird Flu from Hungary said: "I don''t think I''m allowed to say that.  Where did you get that from?"

"It''s on AFP"

Good luck.

[;)]

[/quote]Can anybody please translate this into English, please?

[quote user="Bernard Matthews"]

The food I produce might be sh1te, but you don''t find me on a Norwich City Football Club forum complaining about his punctuation.

[/quote]

[:P][quote user="claud"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

"It''s on AFP"

Good luck.

[;)]

[/quote]

Can anybody please translate this into English, please?
[/quote]

In essence it is saying you are stuck with a once great but now crap local newspaper who will shortly announce the merging of the Norwich Evening News and the Eastern Daily Press staff with quite a number of people losing their jobs.  Probably not helpful your end but that is what has been decided. 

They will all be equipped with video cameras and it "will represent a wonderful opportunity to reinforce Archant''s vision for the future and our committment to bring to our readers the latest technology and the opportunities that it offers."

If the EDP Editor survives (as I think he will) he will talk about "relishing the new challenges of the future" (with a somewhat reduced staff).

The Norwich division of Archant is about to be slaughtered.

You heard it here first.  [;)]