Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Morning PUPs. After a few weeks off changing nappies I''m back with a prediction this week.

Barcelona vs Numancia - HOME WIN

Barca have won 8 out of 10 at home this season scoring an average of 3.6 goals per game. Numancia have lost 9 out of 10 away conceding an average of 2.5 games per game. Now if you do some sort of fancy mathematic equation based on those averages it would probably tell you something quite insightful. Sadly I''m rubbish at maths, but I reckon Barca will win by at leats three clear goals [:D]

Good luck Ryan [Y]

Off to Spain for me this week and, although they''ve let me down once before this season, it''s Barcelona vs Numancia - HOME WIN.

Best of luck Ryan.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

FA Cup:

Manchester United to beat whatever sort of a team Portsmouth put out - HOME WIN

[/quote]

I keep forgetting Rednapp''s moved - whatever sort of a team Tottenham put out - still a HOME WIN

Right everyone, its time for me to make my picks for this weekend! Ive taken a long time to try and pick the right fixtures and i think were gonna get it this week! Right so here they are:

CHELSEA vs Ipswich - Home Win  (Bump,Butler,NY Canary,Obiwancanary, MisterChops,cityangel,norfolkchance1,NCFCShaun,jim''ll fix it,coelho,CNSCanary,GrahamHumphrey,Hughesy)

BARCELONA vs Numancia - Home Win  (BerkshireCanary,GentlemanJim,ShackAttack,GazzaTCC)

OLYMPIAKOS vs OFI Crete - Home Win (Inchy,Fellas,YankeeCanary,TrentCanary)

MAN UTD vs Tottenham Hotspur - Home Win (Myself, Sparkos,RobertNLim,D.W.B.D.D,The Prisoner,Camuldonum)

AZ ALKMAAR vs De Graafschap - Home Win (NuttyNigel)

Doncaster Rovers vs ASTON VILLA - Away Win (norfolkbroadslim,methcanary,BringBackIwan,EvilMonkey,HissingSid,SportsDeskPete,gazzathegreat)

Im sorry to those whose naps i didnt include but im happy with my choices and ive got a good feeling about this one! All games look dead certs to me so even though if we do get a win, were not likely to win millions, but im sure all you fellow pickers will be happy if results go our way this weekend! Cheers everyone :)

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Right everyone, its time for me to make my picks for this weekend! Ive taken a long time to try and pick the right fixtures and i think were gonna get it this week! Right so here they are:

CHELSEA vs Ipswich - Home Win  (Bump,Butler,NY Canary,Obiwancanary, MisterChops,cityangel,norfolkchance1,NCFCShaun,jim''ll fix it,coelho,CNSCanary,GrahamHumphrey,Hughesy)

BARCELONA vs Numancia - Home Win  (BerkshireCanary,GentlemanJim,ShackAttack,GazzaTCC)

MAN UTD vs Tottenham Hotspur - Home Win (Myself, Sparkos,RobertNLim,D.W.B.D.D,The Prisoner,Camuldonum)

Doncaster Rovers vs ASTON VILLA - Away Win (norfolkbroadslim,methcanary,BringBackIwan,EvilMonkey,HissingSid,SportsDeskPete,gazzathegreat)

Im sorry to those whose naps i didnt include but im happy with my choices and ive got a good feeling about this one! All games look dead certs to me so even though if we do get a win, were not likely to win millions, but im sure all you fellow pickers will be happy if results go our way this weekend! Cheers everyone :)

[/quote]

Great looking picks there Ryan[Y]

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

[/quote]

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to Ryan and Billy Dixon we have…..

2/9

Chelsea

1/6

Barcelona

1/6

Olympiakos

4/11

Manchester Utd

1/5

AZ Alkmaar

7/10

Aston Villa

Which will win for the Academy £36-27p. These really are good odds from Billy Dixon and I know they won’t be matched anywhere. In fact I just ran the same bet through Boyle Sports and it came to £27-70p! So if any of you do a line on the fixed odds you should really use Dixmar as these odds are available to us all. So now it’s “game on”. Well done Ryan, they all look really good to me, and good luck to all of us.[Y]

Sorry Nutty, just picked up the message. The nap would have to have been Sheff Utd - note the time and I am being honest.

As for Drnks i moved back to Norfolk in1986 and the Biggins/Drinkell combination was fantastic.- always seemed a nice fella on the couple of occassions that I met him.

In my opinion we need to find another Drinks. We always used to pick up good forwards from the lower leagues Ekoku was another who instantly comes to mind.

I''m one of the posters who never knew Ardee but always enjoyed his posts. Will become a regular on the free bet posts in the future.

(Sheff have just gone 2 up) - I''ve just had a bet on Man Utd to win 2-0 just to make it interesting! 

[quote user="robsonhasscored"]

Sorry Nutty, just picked up the message. The nap would have to have been Sheff Utd - note the time and I am being honest.

As for Drnks i moved back to Norfolk in1986 and the Biggins/Drinkell combination was fantastic.- always seemed a nice fella on the couple of occassions that I met him.

In my opinion we need to find another Drinks. We always used to pick up good forwards from the lower leagues Ekoku was another who instantly comes to mind.

I''m one of the posters who never knew Ardee but always enjoyed his posts. Will become a regular on the free bet posts in the future.

(Sheff have just gone 2 up) - I''ve just had a bet on Man Utd to win 2-0 just to make it interesting! 

[/quote]

Just to prevent confusion I have 2 accounts running as I had problems signing on due to a server /email address change. i am originally The great Drinkell

Villa drew and Man U losing so far, the free bet isnt as easy as i thought haha! I would never of thought that Donny Rovers would get anywhere near Villa today but how i was proven wrong! Oh well, i''ll have to bounce back ready for my next turn if Nutty is willing to offer me another stab at it :)

Yes that was unlucky Ryan. Manchester United are winning now! Shows how quickly things can change and that''s part of the excitement that the free bet offers. Olympiakos are winning 1-0 at half-time too. Barcelona and AZ play later so you could still easily join the club of the PUPs who have missed by one. So stick around and if we can keep the free bet next season you will get another turn for sure.

Ginger Pele - It''s the easiest thing in the world to get involved in. Astro and Inchy explain it well on page 3 of this thread. So just watch out for the new thread on Wednesday and post your very best selection to help our club.

[quote user="robsonhasscored"]

[/quote]

That''s fine, I have you down as The Great Drinkell and Sheffield Utd were your nap.

"Bertie" Biggins was a great partner for "Drinks". We could do with the pair of them right now!

Unlucky Ryan, I didn''t see anything other than a Villa win - although they may have missed Young''s creativity as he was suspended. We keep getting closer- surely it is only a matter of time before we win.

Unlucky Ryan, you do indeed join the "just one wrong club" after AZ Alkmaar and Barcelona winning too.

But we still have the weekly stats to come and then next week we will all be back to have another go[Y]

Unlucky there, thought we were onto a winner. Always next week [:)]

Inchy - Apologies for picking the same as you, unintentional I must add!

Celebrating Australia day in Byron bay today, bliss! (Even though its been chucking it down with rain) Visiting some islands next week so will try my best to pick, but may be offline for a few weeks.

Hey Trent don''t apologise for the fact we both found a winning nap. When I shared the lead with Ray we pick the same team a good few times.

Anyway I''d hate for you to be lonely at the top.[;)]

A whopping 54 PUPs selected this week with 34 correct and 2 postponed making a very creditable 65% successful. The 8 new PUPs mean that 94 posters have taken part in the Free Bet since the start of the season.

There’s 5 weekends in this month and there are 9 PUPs going into the last week on 4-4 for the month. These are Inchy, Mac’s Perm, Shaun, Devon, Sparkos, Norfolkchance1, Mister C, Nutty[:O] and Yankee.

Mac’s Perm’s winning run moved up to 9 while Shaun is on 8 and Cosmic 7.

Trent and Inchy are still going strong at the top but Mac’s Perm is ready to move on if either should slip up. This is the latest PUPs League showing those who have at least 50% correct from at least 50% weeks.

Picker

Season

Season %

Trent Canary

17-19

Inch High

22-25

MacDougalls perm

19-22

Arrdee

18-22

Gentleman Jim

20-25

We8wba

12-15

Leedscanary

19-24

NCFC_Shaun

19-24

Pboro_Canary

18-23

Mr. Bump

17-22

Newyorkcanary

19-25

Shack Attack

16-21

Obiwancanary

15-20

Beaker

16-22

Delias Devon

18-25

Fellas

18-25

Sparkos

15-21

Hissing Sid

16-23

Norfolkchance1

17-25

Mister Chops

14-21

BringBackIwan

12-18

Cosmic Twin

15-23

Muddy funster

15-23

Cityangel

13-20

GazzaTCC

13-20

1st Wazzock

16-25

Graham Humphrey

15-24

Nutty nigel

15-25

Methcanary

12-20

Norfolkbroadslim

12-20

The Butler

14-24

Canary Ryan

11-19

Berkshire Canary

13-23

Hughsey

8-14

Yankee Canary

14-25

Lucky Green Trainers

13-24

Sports Desk - Pete

13-25

Camuldonum

11-22

This weeks naps were divided amongst 22 different teams but with Histon being postponed only 21 count for the stats. 10 were correct making a 48% success rate which is down on the seasons average. League Two failed us again while Europe was 3-3 for the second week running. Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

10-21

335-563

Premiership

43-80

Championship

0-1

41-80

League One

1-1

36-72

League Two

0-2

18-54

Conference

0-2

25-40

Welsh

1-1

13-18

English Cups

4-10

20-35

Scots Premiership

1-1

23-28

Scots Leagues

18-31

Scots Cup

4-5

Europe

3-3

70-91

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

Games in Holland, Spain and Greece were correctly napped this week so the European table now looks like this :-

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

3-3

70-91

Spain

1-1

17-25

Italy