Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

It''s Wednesday again and time to open another free bet thread. I will never get used to doing this part because it will forever be Arrdee''s. But I can always be his stand in as I have been before. This weekend it''s FA Cup action in England but if that doesn''t whet your appetite then we still have the lower leagues, Scotland, Wales and the rest of Europe to pick from. This week it''s young Canary Ryan who is making the final selections. Our friend P''boro  was so close last week and surely it''s only a matter of time before we win some more money to help the club we all love.

I leave you with my great friend Ray''s signature, which I will use on the post that I open the thread up with every week. And hopefully we will add to it as the season goes on. Take it away Ryan.. the free bet is yours [Y]

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,2,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, yes Norfolkchance1 £400 for the Academy,so far.

My pick this week is for Barcelona to beat Numancia in La Liga, Barca currently sit top of the tree and are still yet to lose at home in the league, Numancia are camped in the bottom half and having played 10 away games they have lost 9 of those. It is also worth noting that Barcelona have only conceeded 6 goals in 10 games whilst scoring 36 and will be on a high after trouncing Deportivo last weekend.

Barcelona v Numancia - Home Win 

Good luck Canary Ryan. [Y]

Scunthorpe to beat managerless and drifting Leyton Orient at home
  • Scunny 6-3-2 at home this season
  • one doubt to consider - Scunny are 2-2-2 on current form
  • Leyton Orient are 3-4-6 away this season
  • Orient have only 9 goals scored away this season
  • Orient are 0-1-5 on current form

FA Cup action this week provides some ''dead cert'' pickings. I''m looking no further than Sheffield United, who should have too much for the hapless Charlton, who continue to struggle to pick up points (apart from against us....). I know the form book goes out of the window in the FA Cup, but mark my words......

Sheff Utd vs Charlton Athletic - home win

Good luck everyone!

Great to see some new names on here already this week. Arrdee will be proud as punch looking down on this. Welcome and keep coming back[Y]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Spurs to upset United (Harry''s done it before you know)

Or Sheff Utd to beat Charlton

[/quote]

The Great Drinkell was my son''s favourite player when he was young. In fact ''Drinks'' was his ''minder'' the day he was mascot! Anyway my friend.. which would be your very best tip to give to help our beloved club?

I''m off to Arrdees happy hunting ground of Greece this week and go for.......

Olympiakos v OFI Crete....Home win.Good luck this week and welcome to the new pup''s.[:)]

My nap will also be Chelsea to beat Ipswich, I was going for a different game initially but because of the weather situation (possible snow in next couple of days) I''ve decided to play it safer in the knowledge that the game is more likely to go ahead. There may be a few postponements I feel.

Good Luck Canary Ryan

Im gonna join in the fun and gamesand start with a favourite team of mineTorquay to overturn coventrytorquay have lost just 4 in 20 gamesoverturned blackpool in 3rd round. cmon you know you wanna.

one game in the champs this sat - blackpool V brum,,,blackpool can be a tricky place to go - but equally brum know they must win games like this if they are to gain promotion...i take brum to win away and beat blackpool at attractive odds of 11/10 - nice...and nutty - i''m raring to go for next weekend!!![:D]

I am thinking along the same lines as "Berkshire" this week, Barcelona do look really nailed on to win for all the reasons he''s mentioned.

Spanish Liga BBVA : Saturday, 24 January : 21.00 : BARCELONA v Numancia  HOME WIN  (nap)

Good luck Ryan, we''ve no City result to look forward to this weekend so we can put all our efforts into willing your six picks on !

OTBC

I''m off to the Blue Square Prem and a home win for Histon v. Grays.

Histon are W8 D3 L1 F20 A10 at home and Grays are W2 D1 L10 F5 A18 away.

Grays have apparently seen some improvement in the last few weeks but Histon beat them away 4-1 at the end of Dec.

Good Luck, Canary Ryan!

I was going for a Scottish League pick this week, but like Norfolkchance1 says, the weather does look a bit unpredictable for this weekend. Therefore I think that I wil go for Aston Villa to beat Doncaster.

Good luck Ryan.

Looks a tricky week this week. I think West Brom will have too many legs for for Burnley who played a hard game last night. So West Brom versus Burnley - home win

I''m gonna have to go for Chelsea to beat Ipswich aswell. I usually go for a european team but on F.A Cup weekend you can''t ignore it when teams play teams from lower leagues, even if it is only one league difference.

So Chelsea v Ipswich - Home win