Sign in to follow this  
yeldham

Rossi Jarvis captain of Luton on Sat

[quote user="yeldham"]I see Rossi Jarvis was captain of Luton on Saturday. Thanks again Glen another shrewd bit of business.[/quote]I''m still not convinced though...2 people I know who watch Luton have given me mixed opinions about him.  1 says he has only had a few good games this season, and it useless compared to Spillane and Martin, but the other claims he does his job very well.  Is he captain because he is a good leader and get''s the team going?!  I''m not sure but I was not annoyed to see him go.

[quote user="city4life"][quote user="yeldham"]I see Rossi Jarvis was captain of Luton on Saturday. Thanks again Glen another shrewd bit of business.[/quote]I''m still not convinced though...2 people I know who watch Luton have given me mixed opinions about him.  1 says he has only had a few good games this season, and "it" useless compared to Spillane and Martin, but the other claims he does his job very well.  Is he captain because he is a good leader and get''s the team going?!  I''m not sure but I was not annoyed to see him go. [/quote]I meant he, sorry

Well, with respect I would value Mick Harfords judgement more than your two mates and to be given the captaincy albeit maybe for the odd game is a huge compliment for a twenty year old. Hardly free transfer level.!

He''ll be playing in the Premiership next season. Shame it will be the Blue Square [:$]

He''ll be playing in the Premiership next season. Shame it will be the Blue Square [:$]

[quote user="yeldham"]Well, with respect I would value Mick Harfords judgement more than your two mates and to be given the captaincy albeit maybe for the odd game is a huge compliment for a twenty year old. Hardly free transfer level.![/quote]2 words (well names)Mark Fotheringham

He also gave away the penalty that led to the equaliser.

To be honest i still have high hopes for Spillane but Jarvis always struck me as technically decent but not particularly effective.

[quote user="Larry David"]He''ll be playing in the Premiership next season. Shame it will be the Blue Square [:$][/quote][quote user="Larry David"]He''ll be playing in the Premiership next season. Shame it will be the Blue Square [:$][/quote][quote user="Larry David"]He''ll be playing in the Premiership next season. Shame it will be the Blue Square [:$][/quote]I think we got the picture Larry.... ;)

Sorry if I''ve upset one or two of the few remaining Rodent sympathizers but giving Rossi away was a ridiculous thing to do and if, as is looking likely, Luton go down he will command a more than decent transfer fee in the summer and will go on to play at  least Norwich city''s level in the future. He''s getting a chance now which is more than any youngster at our club gets.

[quote user="yeldham"]Sorry if I''ve upset one or two of the few remaining Rodent sympathizers but giving Rossi away was a ridiculous thing to do and if, as is looking likely, Luton go down he will command a more than decent transfer fee in the summer and will go on to play at  least Norwich city''s level in the future. He''s getting a chance now which is more than any youngster at our club gets.[/quote]

Are you his Dad or something?

If he is so good, why did he sign for a team starting on -30 points last summer? Surely lots of clubs would have snapped him up if he was really that good?

You''re missing the point - it was never the ability of the Jarvises, Spillane or Martin that Roeder (and before him, Grant and Worthy) questioned - it was their attitude. Lazy sods who thought they''d made the big-time and didn''t need to try any more. Maybe this has woken them up, and that would be good for all concerned.

[quote user="yeldham"]I see Rossi Jarvis was captain of Luton on Saturday. Thanks again Glen another shrewd bit of business.[/quote]

I see Bobby Moore was Captain of England in 1966!

My post is as relevant as yeldham''s post.  Irrelevant.

We want proper news, not propaganda!

Well if scouts are''nt exactly queueing up at Colney maybe thats a reflection on the Academy which seems to me to be an unnecessary drain on the clubs resourses.

Ipswich estimate the annual cost of their academy is 1m. Must be thereabouts for us. In relation to transfer fees received or first team service given you must admit the place is making a massive loss and in my opinion part of that is  because the lads have not had the remotest encouragement or opportunity.

[quote user="yeldham"]Well if scouts are''nt exactly queueing up at Colney maybe thats a reflection on the Academy which seems to me to be an unnecessary drain on the clubs resourses.[/quote]

You''ve lost the argument and resort to name-calling (rodent supporters) to try to get someone on your side? Rossi Jarvis, like his brother never made it here and I would suggest that he has found his level at League 2. Good luck to him but he will have to improve greatly to get close to Championship standard.

So you think that in 2 years time, having just been made probably the youngest captain in the football league, he will still be playing League 2 football?

[quote user="yeldham"]So you think that in 2 years time, having just been made probably the youngest captain in the football league, he will still be playing League 2 football?[/quote]Why do you even care about Rossi??!!  He''s gone, and does not make any difference to the current city squad if he is playing in league 2 or not.  You are moaning about others sympathizing for Roeder, but to be honest you still haven''t even moved on.  He''s long gone, get over it!!

I keep thinking this must be a wind up thread.

We all saw Rossi Jarvis play for us, he was miles off being good enough for us.

Who would ever have paid money for him? He''s getting regular football at Luton so good luck to him if he manages to keeping playing at that level but he won''t make it at a higher standard than that.

[quote user="yeldham"]So you think that in 2 years time, having just been made probably the youngest captain in the football league, he will still be playing League 2 football?[/quote]Very possibly.Rossi has not done enough so far over his career to prove to any of us that he was Championship standard.He was average at best during his loan spell at Rotherham, and has hardly set the world alight whilst at Luton. Surely if he had been playing that well, you''d hear a lot more about him, particularly from Luton fans, yet they also seemed to have mixed opinions.2 mates who pass opinion on a player may not mean anything compared to the manager of a league club, but when the majority of their fans are undecided, along with 3 previous other managers who had their doubts about Rossi, you have to ask whether or not THEY are right, or Harford is.No offence to Rossi, but he seemed to adopt the same attitude as his brother whilst here, which was simply not giving a crap most of the time, in training or on the pitch. On that basis alone, the decision to release was a good one.If he does end up at a CCC club in a few years time, fair play to the lad, maybe it will be because he''d straightened his act out and started putting the effort in - something that may have yielded results before that point if he could have been bothered whilst on our books...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="yeldham"]So you think that in 2 years time, having just been made probably the youngest captain in the football league, he will still be playing League 2 football?[/quote]Very possibly.

Rossi has not done enough so far over his career to prove to any of us that he was Championship standard.

He was average at best during his loan spell at Rotherham, and has hardly set the world alight whilst at Luton. Surely if he had been playing that well, you''d hear a lot more about him, particularly from Luton fans, yet they also seemed to have mixed opinions.

2 mates who pass opinion on a player may not mean anything compared to the manager of a league club, but when the majority of their fans are undecided, along with 3 previous other managers who had their doubts about Rossi, you have to ask whether or not THEY are right, or Harford is.

No offence to Rossi, but he seemed to adopt the same attitude as his brother whilst here, which was simply not giving a crap most of the time, in training or on the pitch. On that basis alone, the decision to release was a good one.

If he does end up at a CCC club in a few years time, fair play to the lad, maybe it will be because he''d straightened his act out and started putting the effort in - something that may have yielded results before that point if he could have been bothered whilst on our books...
[/quote]

spot on, Indy. I don''t think he''ll be playing at League Two level in two years'' time. I think he''ll be at King''s Lynn. I''ve nothing against him and have no idea about his attitude, but I have never seen a City player look so out of his depth as he did last season. It''s a shame, because it would be great to have some local boys in the team. But he did nothing while he was here to justify a contract.

[quote user="yeldham"]Sorry if I''ve upset one or two of the few remaining Rodent sympathizers but giving Rossi away was a ridiculous thing to do and if, as is looking likely, Luton go down he will command a more than decent transfer fee in the summer and will go on to play at  least Norwich city''s level in the future. He''s getting a chance now which is more than any youngster at our club gets.[/quote]

I despised Roedernowhere but Rossi Jarvis is just like his brother - Technically good but seriously lacking physique and desire!

It was the right call letting Rossi Jarvis go.

Martin needed to get away to see the real world away from Colney but I do feel Spillane was very unlucky!

Ok you all win. Lets bracket Rossi as another promising youngster who hit the ''Colney Wall'' and failed to make it like 99% of the others these last ten years. What is it about that place? I''ll have to accept that Mick Harford is wrong and dosn''t know what he''s doing in making him captain ahead of Spillane and Martin, and letting him take all the corners and free kicks because of his superb set piece ability (making two goals on sat.). Watch this space lads...

We had similar arguments about Danny Crow - he scored a few goals for Peterborough - and everyone was cursing Worthington for his lack of judgement in letting such a "gem" leave us.

I''m sorry Yeldham, but he has not shown anything that suggests he is a Championship player so letting him go made sense.  If he was good enough he would have gone to a better club than Luton who were scraping around for players.   Letting him go was simple maths: if we''d kept him he quite simply would not have played, yet would have cost us money.  In those terms, letting him go was sensible, simple as that.  But good luck to the guy, hopefully he can keep starring for Luton and perhaps get signed for a club who isn''t destined for relegation. 

At the end of the day, this issue is hardly a decent sized stick to beat Roeder with, particularly when you have huge great tree-sized ones that you could use!