Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Hucks training with the team!

Now was that so hard? [:@]http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED26%20Jan%202009%2018%3A00%3A22%3A413

To be fair to Glenn Roeder (just for this once [;)]) I can completely understand why he didn''t want Hucks training with the team. As a new manager with virtually everybody right behind him it''s much less of an issue for Gunny to invite him along to train.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]To be fair to Glenn Roeder (just for this once [;)]) I can completely understand why he didn''t want Hucks training with the team. As a new manager with virtually everybody right behind him it''s much less of an issue for Gunny to invite him along to train.[/quote]That''s exactly it Shack. They didn''t exactly leave on great terms and Roeder was never going to go back on a decision he made (ala Luton boys, Lappin etc.).Great to have him back around the club though, he will be a brilliant influence at Colney. Especially on the kids!

We all dig holes for ourselves from time to time and Roeder owns the mother of all shovels for his hole digging. I for one won''t be fair to Roeder because, of course, he should never have let Huckerby go in the first place. After that, Roeder just carried on digging, here, there and everywhere until finally, thankfully, he fell in.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]To be fair to Glenn Roeder (just for this once [;)]) I can completely understand why he didn''t want Hucks training with the team..[/quote]

IMO this just goes to emphasise just how badly Roeder handled the whole affair - if he''d have handled the Hucks exit a little more professionally, then he wouldn''t have been seen to be losing face by inviting him back to Colney.

i think its nice that he is training with norwichif im honest though, i think we should move on from huckerby, a great player yeah, could possibly do a job stillbut new legends can be born (roeder''s choice was poor but i still think he was right)and lets cheer on the new regime and players in those fabled positions. rather than droll on about him.i loved hucks, but he was right to go. he just deserved a better send off.

Might pop up to Colney next week to get him to sign my San Jose shirt.

[quote user="cityangel"]Might pop up to Colney next week to get him to sign my San Jose shirt.[/quote]

Calm down Angel, I bet you''re thrilled aren''t you?