Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Dutch striker Romano Denneboom rumoured to have joined Saints

Sorry if this has already been posted by the wide ranging, ubiquitous Colchester or someone else but I just don''t have the concentration span to scroll down too far ! Anyway, I noticed on the independent UpTheSaints that a Dutch striker is rumoured to have joined Soton although I can''t see this on Soton''s officila site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romano_Denneboom

He would have to have been registered by noon yesterday to play today I believe. Same reason that Pascal Chimbonda cannot start for Spurs tonight.

Denneboom was highly rated as a youngster but never really filled the potential... no doubt if he signs in time he''ll start by putting a brace away this evening!

[quote user="Bigus"]

He would have to have been registered by noon yesterday to play today I believe. Same reason that Pascal Chimbonda cannot start for Spurs tonight.

[/quote]

The story is dated 25/1 so it is possible that the deadline was beaten. Having said that, there doesn''t appear to be any mention on the official site although one of the Saints'' fans many complaints is that Rupert "Actually, I prefer hockey" Lowe treats the fans with contempt and doesn''t bother keeping them informed. Reason why I am interested is that I don''t want a new striker making his debut against Norwich in front of a new Soton management team !

[quote user="The Chirp"]Denneboom was highly rated as a youngster but never really filled the potential... no doubt if he signs in time he''ll start by putting a brace away this evening!
[/quote]

By the way, sorry to read your news on another thread and good luck with pursuing a career in football journalism.

[quote user="Old Snoorty"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Denneboom was highly rated as a youngster but never really filled the potential... no doubt if he signs in time he''ll start by putting a brace away this evening![/quote]

By the way, sorry to read your news on another thread and good luck with pursuing a career in football journalism.

[/quote]Thank you Old Snoorty... much appreciated. J

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]i can vaguely remember him being a big talent probaly 8/9 years ago[/quote]

So was Carl Cort!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]i can vaguely remember him being a big talent probaly 8/9 years ago[/quote]

So was Carl Cort!

[/quote]

and so was Francis Jeffers

this game could go on for ages