Sign in to follow this  
mickey phelans tash

Goals Galore

thinking back to some thrillers against So''ton at Carrow Road but im struggling with goalscorers !The4-3 win in 86 and the 4-4 draw in 89 where i know Roasrio got 2. Also there was the 5-4 defeat  in 94 Sutton 2 Robins Goss.

Can anyone shed any light  ???????

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

thinking back to some thrillers against So''ton at Carrow Road but im struggling with goalscorers !The4-3 win in 86 and the 4-4 draw in 89 where i know Roasrio got 2. Also there was the 5-4 defeat  in 94 Sutton 2 Robins Goss.

Can anyone shed any light  ???????

[/quote]I think Fleck & Sherwood scored the other 2 in the 4-4 draw. Sherwood''s was a diving header as I remember it.

Ken Monkou scored the winner for Southampton in the 5-4 game, along with a Le Tiss hat-trick if memory serves, back in the day when the Lower Barclay was unreserved seating.

Bruce, Williams, Drinkell and Gordon got the goals in the 1986 game.  I think we were two down at one stage.

Yes, we were 2 down at HT. What a cracking game that was, except 6 of the 7 goals were at the River End.If only we hadn''t drawn so many games at home that season we could''ve bettered our final placing in the 93 season

I was quite young at the time, but wasn''t the FA Cup quarter-final in 1992 against Southampton, won the replay 3-2aet at Carrow Road, and they had a player sent off? Or maybe two?

The 4-4 draw in ''89 - I was listening to it via the World Service in my hotel room in Singapore.  Given the time difference, I gave up at half-time as I was completely cream crackered thinking that we were on the end of a hiding - I think at that point we were a couple of goals behind them.  Pleasantly surprised to find in the morning that we''d hauled it back.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Ken Monkou scored the winner for Southampton in the 5-4 game, along with a Le Tiss hat-trick if memory serves, back in the day when the Lower Barclay was unreserved seating.[/quote]

Yes. T''was my first City game. I had seats in the Barclay upper tier, in the centre. Sadly, it was the first of a number of time''s I''d see City lose. But I seem to remember that Monkou''s goal was slightly dubious anyway. I''m not sure if he could have climbed over too many more City defenders. Or was that the wishful thinking of youth?

[quote user="Coelho"]I was quite young at the time, but wasn''t the FA Cup quarter-final in 1992 against Southampton, won the replay 3-2aet at Carrow Road, and they had a player sent off? Or maybe two?
[/quote]   I  think it may have been Ruddock who got sent off for Saints, and im sure Sutton scored at least 1.

i can remember them having Grobbelaar in goal and we were 3-1 up and lost 4-3.... second thoughs it might of been the game Pete mentions actually.. Mark Robins scored

jas :)

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''m sure the 5-4 was a Robins hat trick and Sutton with the last. Am I wrong?[/quote]

English Premier
Norwich   4 (1) - 5(1)Southampton
Goss
Robins
Sutton
Sutton

Le Tissier
Le Tissier
Le Tissier
Monkou
Ullathorne

on 09-04-1994

Attendance: 17150    

got this of soccerbase website ...unfortunately the scorers details only go back to early  90s....