Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

CITY v SOUTHAMPTON - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Glad to see Gunny is of the view you don''t change a winning team even if you think it could be bettered somehow.

That way players know where they stand...if you win you stay in the team, if you lose you might be dropped!

Personally I''d still rather have Lupoli upfront with Cureton, and Rusty back in midfield in place of Fozzy.But, let''s see what happens, the way the guys played in the 2nd half last week could argue that it''s the right choice...

[quote user="whoareyou?"]

Glad to see Gunny is of the view you don''t change a winning team even if you think it could be bettered somehow.

That way players know where they stand...if you win you stay in the team, if you lose you might be dropped!

doesnt matter how experianced you are, you shouldnt change a winning side, well done gunny. having said that would prefer pattison in for a bit of extra bite

Teams;

Norwich

• 01 Marshall

• 02 Otsemobor

• 12 Doherty

• 15 Grounds

• 21 Bertrand

• 07 Croft

• 08 Clingan

• 16 Fotheringham

• 14 Hoolahan

• 10 Cureton

• 20 Russell

Substitutes

• 25 Nelson,
  • 17 Bell,
  • 18 Lupoli,
  • 24 Pattison,
  • 29 Cort

Southampton

• 01 Davis

• 23 James

• 02 Perry

• 05 Saeijs

• 43 Molyneux

• 39 Smith

• 10 Wotton

• 20 Lallana

• 22 Gillett

• 12 Holmes

• 17 McGoldrick

Substitutes

• 13 Forecast,
  • 04 Saganowski,
  • 15 Euell,
  • 24 Lancashire,
  • 42 McLaggon

Fotheringham as captain and Russell up front? Is Gunn a coward? It would appear he is too scared to ring the changes. Why cant we appoint a manager who actually listens to the opinions of the fans? NO ONE RATES FOTHERINGHAM and NO ONE THINKS RUSSELL CAN CUT IT UP FRONT!!!!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Fotheringham as captain and Russell up front? Is Gunn a coward? It would appear he is too scared to ring the changes. Why cant we appoint a manager who actually listens to the opinions of the fans? NO ONE RATES FOTHERINGHAM and NO ONE THINKS RUSSELL CAN CUT IT UP FRONT!!!![/quote]First of all, look at our bench.... Do you see ANY defenders on that bench?... A coward???.... Honestly?And second of all, tell me why a manager who spends his days on internet message boards examining fans opinion would be a GOOD thing exactly?

[quote user="John"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Fotheringham as captain and Russell up front? Is Gunn a coward? It would appear he is too scared to ring the changes. Why cant we appoint a manager who actually listens to the opinions of the fans? NO ONE RATES FOTHERINGHAM and NO ONE THINKS RUSSELL CAN CUT IT UP FRONT!!!![/quote]

First of all, look at our bench.... Do you see ANY defenders on that bench?... A coward???.... Honestly?

And second of all, tell me why a manager who spends his days on internet message boards examining fans opinion would be a GOOD thing exactly?
[/quote]

Fair comment!

Looks like we are piling the pressure on! Gotta make it count!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Fotheringham as captain and Russell up front? Is Gunn a coward? It would appear he is too scared to ring the changes. Why cant we appoint a manager who actually listens to the opinions of the fans? NO ONE RATES FOTHERINGHAM and NO ONE THINKS RUSSELL CAN CUT IT UP FRONT!!!![/quote]

90% possession for city according to minto on ss news. encouraging.

[quote user="John"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Fotheringham as captain and Russell up front? Is Gunn a coward? It would appear he is too scared to ring the changes. Why cant we appoint a manager who actually listens to the opinions of the fans? NO ONE RATES FOTHERINGHAM and NO ONE THINKS RUSSELL CAN CUT IT UP FRONT!!!![/quote]

First of all, look at our bench.... Do you see ANY defenders on that bench?... A coward???.... Honestly?

And second of all, tell me why a manager who spends his days on internet message boards examining fans opinion would be a GOOD thing exactly?
[/quote]

So winning over the fans isnt a good move for a manager? I would go as far as saying 99% of Norwich City fans do not rate Fotheringham as club captain, with 80% of them not even rating him as a good footballer! The same would go for Russell. He is clearly not a striker. How many more poor performances will it take for our manager to realise these basic football errors?

Pattison in for Fotheringham and Lupoli in for Russell. It is as clear as the nose on your bloody face!!

[quote user="AJ"]We need more width![/quote]True.It''s cause Hoolahan keeps cutting in though when he doesn''t need to. Gunn told him not to do it against Barnsley in the second half, but the one time he forgot to not cut in he scored, so no need for complaint just yet.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]Fotheringham as captain and Russell up front? Is Gunn a coward? It would appear he is too scared to ring the changes. Why cant we appoint a manager who actually listens to the opinions of the fans? NO ONE RATES FOTHERINGHAM and NO ONE THINKS RUSSELL CAN CUT IT UP FRONT!!!![/quote]First of all, look at our bench.... Do you see ANY defenders on that bench?... A coward???.... Honestly?And second of all, tell me why a manager who spends his days on internet message boards examining fans opinion would be a GOOD thing exactly?[/quote]

So winning over the fans isnt a good move for a manager? I would go as far as saying 99% of Norwich City fans do not rate Fotheringham as club captain, with 80% of them not even rating him as a good footballer! The same would go for Russell. He is clearly not a striker. How many more poor performances will it take for our manager to realise these basic football errors?

Pattison in for Fotheringham and Lupoli in for Russell. It is as clear as the nose on your bloody face!!

[/quote]I agree with you.HOWEVER your forgetting that that team won our last game. That team beat Barnsley 4-0, so why change it?Under Roeder regardless of results he would change the team every week. The players stated that Roeders chopping and changing brought about poor performances, from uncomfortable players. They knew that whatever they did in a game, they could still lose their place(apart from Marshall, Clingan, and maybe Doherty).Gunn realised that this brought about a tense atmosphere, and he changed the policy, so now as you can see, there is a fair sense of comfort and focused determination about the players now. He''s doing what he needs to, to bring about the best of this side.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Personally I''d still rather have Lupoli upfront with Cureton, and Rusty back in midfield in place of Fozzy.

But, let''s see what happens, the way the guys played in the 2nd half last week could argue that it''s the right choice...
[/quote]

I agree with that, though hopefully Rusty will score a hat trick and prove me wrong.... 

[quote user="super canary"]in my opinion, keeping the same side week in week out, consistency, is what got us promotion under worthy.[/quote]Very true, but we weren''t playing Russell upfront however...