Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

A little story that may amuse some.............

As previously posted, I know your former manager Mr Roeder because we happen to be involved in supporting the same Essex charity.

Most of our meetings were before he went to Norwich but we had one brief chat after he had signed Mr Hoolahan.

I''m an admirer of Hoolahan and so I said to GR: "I think he could be the bargain of the season."  Mr Roeder: "Me, too, that''s why I signed him.  Potentially a great player."

Me: "You do realise he is Irish and won''t do what he''s told."

GR: "We''ll see about that............."

Me: "That''s not what Grayson says."

GR: "And he says what?"

Me: "I draw patterns and tell him to go out to play to them and he completely ignores me.  I''ve given up and so he just does what he wants."

GR: "Not with me he won''t." [:|]

Like me he''s Irish and doesn''t always take to suggestions.  The Republic of Ireland were at your game tonight and, if his goal was any good, hopefully it will help him.

I''m sorry you didn''t win but I do hope Mr Gunn will also give up and treat The Hooligan for what he is: a loose cannon.

I''d let him roam if I were you as I think that is his game.

A goal a game for him since Roeder left - Wes could be the creative spark that keeps us up, agreed he should be allowed freedom, as Worthy realised with Hucks.

That is if we can get the defence sorted. 38 goals scored isn''t too bad, a fair few more than Donny, but 45 conceded is over one and a half a game on average and I can only think of Watford who have let in more (there must be others)!

Just looked - ahead of us in the goals against column there''s only Charlton on 51 goals conceded.

Watford on 50

Norwich on 45!