Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Going Down.

Southampton are without question the worst championship team i''ve seen in years, the fact we couldn''t beat them (from 2-0 up, at home!)is an embarrasment and is the biggest indicator yet that we are heading to league one. Bryan Gunn''s inexperience in the second half shone through, at 2-1 changes were clearly needed in terms of personnel and tactics. Obviously i don''t blame gunn for this, yet again it''s down to the board taking the cheap option, so thankyou board, thankyou so much. On another note, if you were one of the fans sat in the jarrold by the saints fans i''d just like to ask why you even bother going?

Dont'' think we will go down but am in total agreement about Gunny and his lack of reaction to a situation that clearly needed changing.  Doncaster away will be a big test for his management

First half Southampton played a boring 4-5-1, looking for a point away from home and they were rubbish - it took a good goal to open them up and then a Hoolahan wonder strike/mishit cross (Delete as you see fit).Second half they changed to 4-4-2, looked twice as good as before, and we didn''t have any answers as to how to combat them.  I feel for Gunn, he was beaten tactically by their new manager but we knew he was inexperienced when he got the job.  Let''s hope yellow and green blood is enough.On the bright side, Darren Purse was in the Director''s Box and should sign before the deadline.

Southampton have only 1 home win this season.... see if you can work out who its against...

4 points they have taken from us this season.... food for thought?

jas :)

[quote user="fearofambition"]Southampton are without question the worst championship team i''ve seen in years, the fact we couldn''t beat them (from 2-0 up, at home!)is an embarrasment and is the biggest indicator yet that we are heading to league one. Bryan Gunn''s inexperience in the second half shone through, at 2-1 changes were clearly needed in terms of personnel and tactics. Obviously i don''t blame gunn for this, yet again it''s down to the board taking the cheap option, so thankyou board, thankyou so much. On another note, if you were one of the fans sat in the jarrold by the saints fans i''d just like to ask why you even bother going?[/quote]

cos the tickets i get are free and it beats sitting in, is that a problem?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Southampton have only 1 home win this season.... see if you can work out who its against...

4 points they have taken from us this season.... food for thought?

jas :)

[/quote]

The sad thing is Southampton will be leaving Carrow Road wondering how they didnt take all six! They tactically outclassed us second half. I dont care what anyone says.

I get bored of people saying, "that is the worst team we have played"! it makes no sense. Logically, the lower the team in the league the worse they are, but surely you people know that league position does not mean much, in fact the teams down the bottom are scrapping for every point, like us. Also, the team you play are as good as you allow them to be, so if they look awful it may be because the opposition are making them look awful, but very rarely do you get 90 mins of total domination by 1 team. Stop whinging and get behind you team or just go away. I am off to Donny, I am sure we will make a lot of noise and get behind the team 100%, we know that we are in trouble and this constant whinning is not going to help.

Jas, check Southamptons away form, not so bad afterall, better than ours. I am dissapointed that we seem to have thrown the game away but let''s not give up quite yet. I cannot get my head round how people suddenly expect a miraculous upturn in fortunes, we are going to become world beaters over night, be realistic will you!

[quote user="barmyyarmy"]other teams are winning .. forrest seem to be out of it, doncaster 4 wins on the bounce? when will norwich have a run like this?[/quote]

Russell gave them thier 2nd with that stupid headless run and bouncing off the defender. they built the goal from that collision, why the hell he never put the ball to the left, or right we had a player waiting for a chance of goal 3, but if Gunn stays then we are done for he played the same as Roeder and made the same stupid mistakes, 

[quote user="Marty"]

I get bored of people saying, "that is the worst team we have played"! it makes no sense. Logically, the lower the team in the league the worse they are, but surely you people know that league position does not mean much, in fact the teams down the bottom are scrapping for every point, like us. Also, the team you play are as good as you allow them to be, so if they look awful it may be because the opposition are making them look awful, but very rarely do you get 90 mins of total domination by 1 team. Stop whinging and get behind you team or just go away. I am off to Donny, I am sure we will make a lot of noise and get behind the team 100%, we know that we are in trouble and this constant whinning is not going to help.

Jas, check Southamptons away form, not so bad afterall, better than ours. I am dissapointed that we seem to have thrown the game away but let''s not give up quite yet. I cannot get my head round how people suddenly expect a miraculous upturn in fortunes, we are going to become world beaters over night, be realistic will you!

[/quote]But Marty, surely this is what we need to put a run together and pull away from the scrap. Picking up odd points here and there, and hoping others slip up, is a very dangerous game.