Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Welcome to managemnet Bryan Gunn!

not sure id want to be in the shoes of the players right now! Gunny wont be a happy man! guess this is his baptism of fire, and it will be interesting to see how we approach Donny who have won the last 4 on the bounce in the league and drawn with Villa on Friday....

oh, and John Otsemorbor is crap!

jas :)

Four points out of six is a good start for an inexperienced manager, but we should definitely have had three points tonight.  I know it is early days for Gunn, but he should not be playing one striker for home games.  He did the right thing by starting with the same eleven from Barnsley, but he has to realise that you cannot play Russell as a striker, however much he runs and puts himself about.  He also could have  made his substitutions earlier, especially after Soton took control of the game in the second half.   Leaving it until the last eight minutes before bringing on the subs tonight was too little too late.

He has enough experience around him to make a go of it, but not killing the game off after such an excellent first half performance tonight may well come back and haunt him.  As long as he learns quickly from his mistakes then I am confident he can keep us up.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

not sure id want to be in the shoes of the players right now! Gunny wont be a happy man! guess this is his baptism of fire, and it will be interesting to see how we approach Donny who have won the last 4 on the bounce in the league and drawn with Villa on Friday....

[/quote]

Unless you automatically assume that you are going to win every game you play I would say it is football.

Or should Norwich win every game they play in your opinion?  Is that what you expect?

Cam, I don''t think any Norwich fan expects that. But we should have won last night against a very poor team, and we utterly threw it away. That''s where the frustration comes from.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Cam, I don''t think any Norwich fan expects that. But we should have won last night against a very poor team, and we utterly threw it away. That''s where the frustration comes from.[/quote]Yes we are all frustrated.But we have seen a totaly different team in the last two games.The players are actually playing football.They have more flare, freedom and play more relaxed.Sure two points droped last night, but bloody hell, give the team and gunny some credit, because under roeder we were droping like a lead balloon.

My greatest concern last night was the management team''s failure to act. It was obvious prior to the equaliser that we had lost momentum and that something new was desperately needed, yet Cort was left warming up from the 20th to the 90th minute while Russell continued to embarass himself and everyone else.

I really want to see Gunny succeed, but management means being proactive,not reactive. Roeder was constantly (and correctly) slated for it,but Gunny fell into the same trap last night.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

My greatest concern last night was the management team''s failure to act. It was obvious prior to the equaliser that we had lost momentum and that something new was desperately needed, yet Cort was left warming up from the 20th to the 90th minute while Russell continued to embarass himself and everyone else.

I really want to see Gunny succeed, but management means being proactive,not reactive. Roeder was constantly (and correctly) slated for it,but Gunny fell into the same trap last night.

[/quote]

You watched the same game as me then.

It''s called lack of experience and indecisiveness. Were was Sir Alex when he needed him?

They will, I hope, learn, but they can''t take long in the lesson.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

It''s called lack of experience and indecisiveness. Were was Sir Alex when he needed him?

[/quote]

That''s the thing, isn''t it ? They''re learning the job while precious time is running out.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Unless you automatically assume that you are going to win every game you play I would say it is football.

Or should Norwich win every game they play in your opinion?  Is that what you expect?

[/quote]

whats the point of taking part if you aren''t going to win?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the thing, isn''t it ? They''re learning the job while precious time is running out.

[/quote]

To be honest, Gunn would not have made

my short-list let alone get the job but last night could a blessing

in disguise.  Firstly I would hope Gunn will learn a

lesson about when and how to make substitutions.Secondly,

there have been plenty of noises coming from Carrow Road about the

end of January not being the loan deadline, no need to rush etc,

etc.  However, last nights game serves as a timely reminder to

all concerned that the squad is too small and some players like Cort

do not have the confidence of the manager.  So while the window

ending does not mean that we cannot sign any loan players, all at CR

should now recognise that we need players as a matter of urgency,

especially up front if Gunn will favour an out of position midfielder

instead of the  2 strikers on the bench.  I am however

sceptical of the boards ability and desire to add to the wage bill

with any haste and I will eat my hat if we sign anyone permanently.

[quote user="silver fox"]

Four points out of six is a good start for an inexperienced manager, but we should definitely have had three points tonight.  I know it is early days for Gunn, but he should not be playing one striker for home games.  He did the right thing by starting with the same eleven from Barnsley, but he has to realise that you cannot play Russell as a striker, however much he runs and puts himself about.  He also could have  made his substitutions earlier, especially after Soton took control of the game in the second half.   Leaving it until the last eight minutes before bringing on the subs tonight was too little too late.

He has enough experience around him to make a go of it, but not killing the game off after such an excellent first half performance tonight may well come back and haunt him.  As long as he learns quickly from his mistakes then I am confident he can keep us up.

[/quote]

against two very poor teams at home is not a good start for any manager. it should have been 6 points. them two points dropped will cost us very dear

I think that last night shows the importance of having a number 2.

Without that assistant manager, Gunny made mistakes that might not have happened if he had another experienced manager alongside him encouraging him to make the changes.

I think the biggest mistake was maybe not having Ricky Martin in the dugout (at least i didnt see him there) as he probably knows the squad better than anyone else in the management team. Crook and Deehan have not been in the club long enough yet to know much about our squad

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest, Gunn would not have made my short-list let alone get the job but last night could a blessing in disguise. 

Firstly I would hope Gunn will learn a lesson about when and how to make substitutions.

Secondly, there have been plenty of noises coming from Carrow Road about the end of January not being the loan deadline, no need to rush etc, etc.  However, last nights game serves as a timely reminder to all concerned that the squad is too small and some players like Cort do not have the confidence of the manager.  So while the window ending does not mean that we cannot sign any loan players, all at CR should now recognise that we need players as a matter of urgency, especially up front if Gunn will favour an out of position midfielder instead of the  2 strikers on the bench.  I am however sceptical of the boards ability and desire to add to the wage bill with any haste and I will eat my hat if we sign anyone permanently.

[/quote]

Agree with point two Saint. Biggest positive from last night could be that we proved we can raise our game but be found out by a lack of goalscoring up front. If that doesn''t force the boards hand a little, nothing will.