Sign in to follow this  
Cowley

darren purse

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect. We

aren''t far from being a good side - with Purse in already it seems we

just need a goal getter (Although I''m sure he would get more attractive

offers). Could this be the rumoured investment? Seems a risk worth

taking at this point.[/quote]I would love to see Ched here, I really would.  But, no money in the bank, 9th best goals scored record (better than 3rd placed Birmingham), 4th worst goals conceded record, it''s not tough to see where the priority has to lie.[/quote]Hmmm. In reality, it''s Delia''s piggy bank we are talking about here. She''s worth about, what, £50m?Now I don''t blame her at all for being fed up with forking out to keep the club going, but it just occurs to me that she might save the money she''s already parted with by sticking the knife in that slot just one more time ......But I''m not sure I would do it. It''s much easier to take a gamble with somebody else''s money!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect. We aren''t far from being a good side - with Purse in already it seems we just need a goal getter (Although I''m sure he would get more attractive offers). Could this be the rumoured investment? Seems a risk worth taking at this point.[/quote]

I would love to see Ched here, I really would.  But, no money in the bank, 9th best goals scored record (better than 3rd placed Birmingham), 4th worst goals conceded record, it''s not tough to see where the priority has to lie.
[/quote]

Hmmm. In reality, it''s Delia''s piggy bank we are talking about here. She''s worth about, what, £50m?
Now I don''t blame her at all for being fed up with forking out to keep the club going, but it just occurs to me that she might save the money she''s already parted with by sticking the knife in that slot just one more time ......
But I''m not sure I would do it. It''s much easier to take a gamble with somebody else''s money!
[/quote]

It certainly is, but sadly that''s what you get for having an expensive plaything [:D]

[quote user="book end"]

Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect

[/quote]

Play poorly for a few games, the manager makes changes removing the underperforming managers favourites for footballers and we go one a run to still get relegated only for him to sulk as he does not want to play in League1,   so we sell him for a reduced fee come next Jan?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="CT "]If we do get him, I''d say our defence is sorted[/quote]

I wouldn''t. I think we need a right back.

[/quote]

Agreed, Otsemebor can be decent when he''s on his game but he is very lazy and is caught napping far to often. He needs some gunpowder in his pants to wake him up.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect. We aren''t far from being a good side - with Purse in already it seems we just need a goal getter (Although I''m sure he would get more attractive offers). Could this be the rumoured investment? Seems a risk worth taking at this point.[/quote]

I would love to see Ched here, I really would.  But, no money in the bank, 9th best goals scored record (better than 3rd placed Birmingham), 4th worst goals conceded record, it''s not tough to see where the priority has to lie.
[/quote]

Hmmm. In reality, it''s Delia''s piggy bank we are talking about here. She''s worth about, what, £50m?
Now I don''t blame her at all for being fed up with forking out to keep the club going, but it just occurs to me that she might save the money she''s already parted with by sticking the knife in that slot just one more time ......
But I''m not sure I would do it. It''s much easier to take a gamble with somebody else''s money!
[/quote]

It certainly is, but sadly that''s what you get for having an expensive plaything [:D]

[/quote]

If Delia doesnt want to invest her own money and if it so much of a gamble then...

WHY THE HELL DID SHE BUY US?

[quote user="CT "]

If Delia doesnt want to invest her own money and if it so much of a gamble then...

WHY THE HELL DID SHE BUY US?

[/quote]Perhaps things have changed since then? Perhaps it didn''t look such a gamble then?Life has a nasty habit of springing surprises.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect. We

aren''t far from being a good side - with Purse in already it seems we

just need a goal getter (Although I''m sure he would get more attractive

offers). Could this be the rumoured investment? Seems a risk worth

taking at this point.[/quote]I would love to see Ched here, I really would.  But, no money in the bank, 9th best goals scored record (better than 3rd placed Birmingham), 4th worst goals conceded record, it''s not tough to see where the priority has to lie.[/quote]Hmmm. In reality, it''s Delia''s piggy bank we are talking about here. She''s worth about, what, £50m?Now I don''t blame her at all for being fed up with forking out to keep the club going, but it just occurs to me that she might save the money she''s already parted with by sticking the knife in that slot just one more time ......But I''m not sure I would do it. It''s much easier to take a gamble with somebody else''s money![/quote]As far as I am aware - and I could be completely wrong, anyone with any actual figures or knowledge feel free to correct me, but as I remember, Delia is worth nothing like £50mill.....I have the figure £26mill in my head, but don''t know why.....She doesn''t have the sort of cash to re-build the team, and much as i think she needs to sell up, and let someone else take us over, I have to say - If I had the sort of money she does, initially I would probably put £6mill in for new players, but i wouldn''t keep doing it year on year as it would bankrupt me within 5years!! She has been at the club for around 10years now, and she has put approx £12mill into the club - if you add that onto her current fortune of somewhere around £26m if my figures are correctish - that means she has spent, again a rough estimate - 30% of her lifetime earnings on the club. That is a massive commitment of finance.I agree with you though that it is a total winner of an investment. The only way she could lose anything on Ched would be if he ended up in a similar situation to Darren Eadie in a few years (god forbid).

the cardiff cast off played really well with birmingham.

maybe hes a cast off as he didnt see eye to eye with his manager.

you wouldnt call huckerby a cast off..   we let him go and he didnt see eye to eye with roeder did he??