Sign in to follow this  
Cowley

darren purse

Yeah, would be a good signing. Left footed, isn''t he? Would play well alongside the Doc.

I think Purse is a good championship player and would be a good signing especially as he is out of contract in the summer we could pick him up for a decent price, certainly as good as we can get with the limited funds.....

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Would be a good addition to the squad if this is true, however we are sadly let down by one thing and one alone, lack of money.[/quote]

Well, it''s on the BBC. Short of Purse or Gunny or someone from Cardiff actually confirming it, I''d say it''s pretty likely to be true. And he''s out of contract this summer, so any fee will likely be nominal. I hope Cardiff can get their replacement, because he''d be an excellent addition to the squad.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Would be a good addition to the squad if this is true, however we are sadly let down by one thing and one alone, lack of money.[/quote]

Well, it''s on the BBC. Short of Purse or Gunny or someone from Cardiff actually confirming it, I''d say it''s pretty likely to be true. And he''s out of contract this summer, so any fee will likely be nominal. I hope Cardiff can get their replacement, because he''d be an excellent addition to the squad.

[/quote]

Of course the fee will be nominal as he''s out of contract in the summer, but wages still have to be paid, agents fees etc, unless our usual benefactor is willing to step in and pay wages, then as much as i''d love it to happen I can''t see it. The money NCFC received from sale of shares in Eventguard have to be spread thinly as we need a striker as well.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Of course the fee will be nominal as he''s out of contract in the summer, but wages still have to be paid, agents fees etc, unless our usual benefactor is willing to step in and pay wages, then as much as i''d love it to happen I can''t see it. The money NCFC received from sale of shares in Eventguard have to be spread thinly as we need a striker as well.

[/quote]

Gunny has always said there is money available. Just no word on how much. Yes, of course, transfer fees are very unlikely to change hands. But I would still expect enough money to secure a few freebies and loans.  

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gunny has always said there is money available. Just no word on how much. Yes, of course, transfer fees are very unlikely to change hands. But I would still expect enough money to secure a few freebies and loans.  

[/quote]

And yet I''ve heard it said that the transfer budget has been spent, so who is to be believed?  Either we have money for transfers or we don''t.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And yet I''ve heard it said that the transfer budget has been spent, so who is to be believed?  Either we have money for transfers or we don''t.

[/quote]

I suppose it could also depend on what is meant by "transfer budget" - do they mean the money allocated to spend on transfer fees? Or perhaps the total player wage budget? Who knows - but I would suggest that as it''s reported on the BBC, we obviously have enough money to complete this transfer, however much it may be worth.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suppose it could also depend on what is meant by "transfer budget" - do they mean the money allocated to spend on transfer fees? Or perhaps the total player wage budget? Who knows - but I would suggest that as it''s reported on the BBC, we obviously have enough money to complete this transfer, however much it may be worth.

[/quote]

Agreed, unless there is an outside source paying for the transfers

Excellent, yes [Y]. I was concerned Gunn would follow in Roeders footsteps in the transfer market. But so far 2 moves I am happy with. Looking at lower league and permanently signing a good central defender.

We can use the money from the sale of Eventguard to buy a 31 year old defender that Cardif don''t want.

So they can use our money to help them buy Ched. Yep seems like good business again!!

Do they run business courses along with everything else they do at Carrow road?

We are in desperate need for a CB and Purse is very good. As for Ched, so what...They can afford him and we can''t. Leaking goals is what we really can''t afford. 

[quote user="The Butler"]

We can use the money from the sale of Eventguard to buy a 31 year old defender that Cardif don''t want.

So they can use our money to help them buy Ched. Yep seems like good business again!!

Do they run business courses along with everything else they do at Carrow road?

[/quote]

As opposed to the Peter Ridsdale financial management approach?

Looks like it could be happing, Purse is watching the game tonight. They would not have him on show unless it was pretty certain he was going to sign, would they?

Darren Purse has been seen in asda!

No he is at the game from a source inside the ground aka radio norfolk and Neil Adams lol,

would be a good signing i think, solid, and been round a while.

[quote user="Bigus"]We are in desperate need for a CB and Purse is very good. As for Ched, so what...They can afford him and we can''t. Leaking goals is what we really can''t afford. [/quote]Thinking about this, I reckon Delia would be daft NOT to buy Ched - & PurseI reckon she''s got the dosh. She''s chucked a lot of cash down the NCFC black hole already. Buying both would be excellent business on 2 counts: 1) Guaranteed (near as damnit) survival in the Champ2) Evans as an investment - not as much as Ashton, but pretty well copper bottomed.In other words, sticking in the extra £1.5m would cafeguard the £8m or so she has already invested.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Bigus"]We are in desperate need for a CB and Purse is very good. As for Ched, so what...They can afford him and we can''t. Leaking goals is what we really can''t afford. [/quote]

Thinking about this, I reckon Delia would be daft NOT to buy Ched - & Purse
I reckon she''s got the dosh. She''s chucked a lot of cash down the NCFC black hole already. Buying both would be excellent business on 2 counts:
1) Guaranteed (near as damnit) survival in the Champ
2) Evans as an investment - not as much as Ashton, but pretty well copper bottomed.

In other words, sticking in the extra £1.5m would cafeguard the £8m or so she has already invested.

[/quote]

Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect. We aren''t far from being a good side - with Purse in already it seems we just need a goal getter (Although I''m sure he would get more attractive offers). Could this be the rumoured investment? Seems a risk worth taking at this point.

[quote]Great points, splashing out on Ched would have an Ashton effect. We

aren''t far from being a good side - with Purse in already it seems we

just need a goal getter (Although I''m sure he would get more attractive

offers). Could this be the rumoured investment? Seems a risk worth

taking at this point.[/quote]I would love to see Ched here, I really would.  But, no money in the bank, 9th best goals scored record (better than 3rd placed Birmingham), 4th worst goals conceded record, it''s not tough to see where the priority has to lie.