Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

City's New "Red Arrow" Corner Routine!

What did people make of the new "Red Arrow" corner routine? Must be Chippy''s contribution? I thought it was quite effective against a team like Southampton! They had no idea where our players were going and the Ref couldn''t blow for one of those annoying "tugging fouls" because our players were''nt near their players!

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]What did people make of the new "Red Arrow" corner routine? Must be Chippy''s contribution? I thought it was quite effective against a team like Southampton! They had no idea where our players were going and the Ref couldn''t blow for one of those annoying "tugging fouls" because our players were''nt near their players![/quote]

lol we laughed at it and wondered what the hell they were doing, it was a stroke of genius IMO, no one in the Southampton team knew where our players were going to go.  It was almost like the four of them were queued up to do the conga hehehehe [:D]

who remembers the dion style from the corners?crouching behind doherty, that worked...but this is good as the players can steal a yard or 2 on the defenders by splitting up and spreading around the box as the ball is put in. genius

[quote user="missing in action"]who remembers the dion style from the corners?
crouching behind doherty, that worked...
but this is good as the players can steal a yard or 2 on the defenders by splitting up and spreading around the box as the ball is put in.
genius

[/quote]

Or the other Dion tactic of strategically placing Dave Striker in the six yard box and heading the ball at him [:D]

It was a nonsense - we were every bit as confused as Soton by it and didn''t win anything cleanly anyhow. Time would have been better spent practising the art of heading itself and in Docherty''s case getting off the ground!

I thought it was more like a train. Couln''t stop myself laughing. Superb and could work, as said earlier, if we put in enough decent balls. I thought Clingan''s free-kicks were decent last night.