Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Rumours, rumours

Apparantly the Carlisle message boards are full of the rumour that we are about to sign Danny Graham. About 350k should seal the deal. If true I''d love it because I''ve been banging on about how we should sign him since about November![:D]

[quote user="Canary02 III"]Apparantly the Carlisle message boards are full of the rumour that we are about to sign Danny Graham. About 350k should seal the deal. If true I''d love it because I''ve been banging on about how we should sign him since about November![:D][/quote]

speculation, speculation .. haven''t heart anything of this.

Personal Details
DOB1985-08-12
Age23
POBGateshead, England
Height6''0
Weight13st 10lbs
TeamCarlisle United
PositionForward

Danny Graham started his career with Chester-le-Street and he was snapped up by Middlesborough in 2003 as a 17-year-old. He scored 21 goals in just 19 games for the ''Boro under 19s in 03-04 and he was loaned out to Darlington later that year. He made his debut against Man Utd for ''Boro in 2004 and scored his first goal against Charlton in February 2005. Derby signed Graham on loan and it has been extended until february 2006.

Player Statistics

LeagueStartsGoalsSubs onSubs offMins PldRedYellow
Total3116115256902

I''ve got a mate who''s a Boro fan and said he didn''t think he''d make it as a Premiership striker, and he was proven right in the short term. He said Danny was a very physical, combative centre-forward with a good aerial presence, and although he scored bags of goals for Boro''s youth team, he didn''t think he had enough class to score bags of goals at the highest level. Apparently he also has very little pace!

Look herehttp://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2127081761http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2127084556

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Category & forums listing - Vital Carlisle Forum[/quote]

Cheers 49. Can''t find any news about this rumour though... [:|]

[/quote]

Me neither lol oh well [:)]

[/quote]

There are but they aren''t on the Vital Carlisle forum - apparently a stright swap of Hoolahan and Graham.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Category & forums listing - Vital Carlisle Forum[/quote]

Cheers 49. Can''t find any news about this rumour though... [:|]

[/quote]

Me neither lol oh well [:)]

[/quote]

There are but they aren''t on the Vital Carlisle forum - apparently a stright swap of Hoolahan and Graham.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2

[/quote]

Not gonna happen... surely?! [:''(]

[quote user="Scooby"]Nope, still can''t find anything?  Where is this rumour?[/quote]Did you miss the above posts? [:S]

[quote user="barmyyarmy"]not being funny, why come on here making up pointless rumors? unless you have evidence for them .. don''t bother.[/quote]The OP was only reporting on speculation he''d seen elsewhere on the internet – what''s wrong with that? It''s not as if he said he had a source. Why take it as gospel? There will always be speculation in the transfer window!

There''s a link here that says that Huddersfield might be interested.  I don''t know if Lee Clark still keeps in touch with people down here, but if they''ve been rebuffed, maybe he''s put a good word in for Gunny ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There''s a link here that says that Huddersfield might be interested.  I don''t know if Lee Clark still keeps in touch with people down here, but if they''ve been rebuffed, maybe he''s put a good word in for Gunny ?
[/quote]

im sure if huddersfield are interested, he won''t pass on the players to norwich, especially with roeder not being here anymore.

[quote user="barmyyarmy"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There''s a link here that says that Huddersfield might be interested.  I don''t know if Lee Clark still keeps in touch with people down here, but if they''ve been rebuffed, maybe he''s put a good word in for Gunny ?[/quote]

im sure if huddersfield are interested, he won''t pass on the players to norwich, especially with roeder not being here anymore.

[/quote]If the player said he doesn''t want to move to another League One club, Clark might well do us a favour – could come in handy if he wants to buy/loan one of our players in the future. I don''t think Clark really had a bad word to say about the club in his time here.

[quote user="barmyyarmy"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There''s a link here that says that Huddersfield might be interested.  I don''t know if Lee Clark still keeps in touch with people down here, but if they''ve been rebuffed, maybe he''s put a good word in for Gunny ?[/quote]

[/quote]More likely that the player was on a shortlist that Gunn was given by Clark during his time here then ?

i think its easy to read between the lines... clark was after him as soon as he become hudds manager... obviously norwich have looked at him and discussed him as an option. will we sign a player on a full time basis before the window closes? possibly only cody... but i think the board will want to throw some money gunns way to appease fans and hopefully bring in a striker who can get the goals assists to keep us out of the mire...

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Re Lee Clark. What makes anyone think that Clark is still an admirer of Roeder?

Just a thought![/quote]I''d imagine he got on okay with Gunny, though, what with them both being real human beings and all...

[quote user="Coelho"]I''ve got a mate who''s a Boro fan and said he didn''t think he''d make it as a Premiership striker, and he was proven right in the short term. He said Danny was a very physical, combative centre-forward with a good aerial presence, and although he scored bags of goals for Boro''s youth team, he didn''t think he had enough class to score bags of goals at the highest level. Apparently he also has very little pace!
[/quote]

Would you say Robbo had a lot of pace?

ROBBO!   ROBBO!   ROBBO!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

I always look for the best in everybody, yes he is playing in league 2? But got 15 goals!

The target man we are in need of?

Iwan was not a prolific scorer to start his career

[/quote]

I thought Carlisle were in the division just below us, i.e division 1

As for Robbo I believe he started at Carrow Rd with an injury (broken toe?!?!!?) and in the end they had to stop playing him in order for him to get fit. I remember the home match when WBA (if my memory serves me right) tried to rough him up and the Barclay got behind Robbo and the rest is history...goals, goals and more goals.