Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

My Anniversary

On reading the matchday programme last night I realised it was my anniversary.

January 27th 1993 was the first ever game I attended. 4-2 v Crystal Palace.Lee Power got two and became my first Canary hero. Hard to believe it was 16 years ago.

When was your first game and what can you remember most about it?

V''s Sunderland in the FA Cup Semi final at Hillsborough in ''92 was my first real memory of going to see city play ( i had been to a couple before, but wasn''t really intrested)

I remember city fans laying daffodils down in front of the pitch in memory of the liverpool fans.

We were poor that day but still enjoyed the whole experience.

Mike Walkers first game back in charge if I remember correctly, 17th August 1996 vs Swindon Town.2-0, and I think Fleck got both?

December 1991, Rumbelows cup 4th round vs the appy Ammers... i was 10 and was supporting wet sham funnily enough as they were the only football team i was really aware of at the time (saw them on the telly i think) Flecky scored a blinder on the volley from 18 yards after Mike Small gave the spammers the lead... Norwich then got a penalty in the last minute after Mark Bowen went down easily under Mitchell thomas challenge.. flecky scored and won it...

I was hooked immediately and my 2nd game was against the villa on new years day 1992... we won 2-1 again, Cyril Regis scored for Villa, Fleck scored a retaken Penalty, Les Sealey saved the first effort but Dwight Yorke was encroaching for villa so it had to be retaken.. Flecky went the same way, so did Sealey but the ball had the pace to beat him for 1-1. Bobby Ullathorne scored right at the end of the game! I can remember my mum had come to pick me and my dad up from the ground and loads of peope were streaming out.. we scored right at the death and they were all complaining they had missed it! lol!

jas :)

Unfortunately i don''t remember my first game - I was either 18months or 2 and half years old - I know it was Villa away and have vague memories of the bloody lion walking round the pitch and waving "at me". Don''t remember anything about the football, except i think we won 3-2. I have been going ever since then.The first match that i have any serious recollection of was Forest away - 92/93 season and i think we won 3-0 or 3-1 - my overwhelming memory of that game is standing there for about 20mins after the match singing "we are top of the league...." over and over again - amazing night. My other main memory from that sort of time is Bayern Munich at home - i had the day off school so that i could come and can still remember almost everything about that day, even at the grand old age of 7 i knew it was one of the most historic days in our history!! Gossy scoring to level it up at 1-1!!!! That was the single most enjoyable moment i have ever had, and probably will ever have as a City fan. We had a KFC on the 180mile drive home and I got a Dennis the Menace sticker sheet thing with my meal - Good times!!

god I feel old

My first game was away to Wolves in 1972 ( I was just about three years old ) the goalpost collapsed on Keelans head , the first season I remember is the second division promotion season ( 1975 ) I remember sitting in the main stand and spilling my drink over the guy in front ( turned out I had mumps ) also remember  the last game against Villa 36,000 there and lost 4 -1 

I never had any interests other than football as a child    

My first game was man city and i think is mas 1989-90 season we lost 1 nil. All i can remember was the man city keeper

saving everything,i think he was Tony Coton and i think Peter Reid was playing as well but i was only ten.

I''ve just  realised that my anniversary is today - 28th January 1967, 42 years [:S]

We stood on the old South Stand terrace (where the away fans go now) and I really enjoyed it, although I can''t remember who we were playing or what the score was.  There''s a good reason for that though - it was eclipsed by my first away game the following Saturday, FA Cup 4th round v. Man U when the nobodies from Norwich beat the following season''s European champions 2-1.  Happy days.

My Grandad took me to see us play Southampton at home during the 1988/89 season, if memory serves me right I think we won 1-0 - I remember sitting in the South Stand and loving the experience. As I was only up in Norwich during school holidays I didn''t get to see as many games as I would have wanted to but if I have really some fond memories.....

1976 (I think) home to Millwall.  Keelan ran out to chin their left winger, all while their right winger had the ball and was attacking!

1961/1962 season vs Southampton. Stood on the Barclay terraces with my Dad and Grandad. Could only see about a two foot channel of the pitch and Bill Punton''s shiney bald head. Remember thinking that footballers must be very old men.

my first game was Derby in the league or fa cup in 66/67 aged 10 won 3-0  tommy  bryceland scored one became hooked for ever ,really annoys me when people slags off the the club , board or anyone who tries to do for this club

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]my first game was Derby in the league or fa cup in 66/67 aged 10 won 3-0  tommy  bryceland scored one became hooked for ever ,really annoys me when people slags off the the club , board or anyone who tries to do for this club[/quote]Why?  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we can''t all have blind faith.

I was very little and my big brother was ''made'' to take me out of the way and he took me to football. All i can remember was it was Keelan''s last game and my brother and his mates hated me because my Dad wouldn''t let him take me to the Barclay so we had to go River End and they all hated me for it (i think he still does!!) [:|]

I don''t know dates etc perhaps someone else can oblige..?