Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

thats it ...start having a go at gunn!!!!

four points from six .

hasnt had a chance to bring anyone in yet.

i was dissapointed we didnt get six from six, but we didnt lose .

we have scored six in two games ,

and seen one of our best midfielders now showing his worth. hoolihan !

i have faith in you gunny .....!!!!!

LoL talk about an over reaction on the pinkun boards this morning. I guess we''re all very passionate about the club, some of us choose to see the positive, and others the negative. 

As the originator of this thread rightly said however... 4 points out of a possible 6, and 6 goals scored in that time. To me, that''s not relegation form, but judging by some of the drama queen postings this morning, u''d think we''d lost last night... we didn''t. Had Cureton tucked away his opportunity, we''d have won, and the drama queens would be screaming about "play offs." with smiley faces.

How fickle we are. 

The next two games will tell thats for sure but i am really worried to be honest. I honestly think Gunn is a mistake, hope i am wrong but i still feel pressure should be put on this useless board they have gotten off light due to naming the cheap team imo, they need to know they have let this club down..

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

LoL talk about an over reaction on the pinkun boards this morning. I guess we''re all very passionate about the club, some of us choose to see the positive, and others the negative. 

As the originator of this thread rightly said however... 4 points out of a possible 6, and 6 goals scored in that time. To me, that''s not relegation form, but judging by some of the drama queen postings this morning, u''d think we''d lost last night... we didn''t. Had Cureton tucked away his opportunity, we''d have won, and the drama queens would be screaming about "play offs." with smiley faces.

How fickle we are. 

[/quote]

Was that the one brilliantly saved by Davis?[:|]

I was amazed to hear some of the stuff being said about Gunn after two games.

It was so bad infront of me last nast night that one of the guys i sit near exchanged a few words with the one talking the rubbish.

Gunn''s learning but looks to have rejuvinated the players and with a couple signings could do a good job for us, but what he doesn''t need is idiotic supporters getting on his back less than 2 games in.

[quote user="singing canary"]

four points from six .

[/quote]

What Singing Canary said.

I live in Leeds and the fact that people are already moaning/anti-Gunn has a proper Leeds United feeling about it (i.e. "only singing when you''re winning"... moaning/getting on the managers/players back).

Let''s get behind the management team, support the players and maintain the atmosphere that''s been apparent at Carrow Road for the last couple of matches.

We''re all worried about relegation, but we''ve got a part to play in what happens this season - let''s positively influence the outcome rather than getting on the team''s back.

We''ve already chased 3 managers out the door over the last 3 seasons - let''s get behind this one.

when was the last time we scored 6 goals in 2 games...

we drew, we didnt lose

its not going to be easy.

HE HAS PICKED UP THE MESS ROEDER HADS LEFT !!!

[/quote]

We got 7 in 2 games in October under Roeder and we won both games. The ability to score goals has always been there. Roeder just couldn''t leave things alone. He forever seemed to want to change things for changes sake. Roeder was unlucky with his centreback problems but his striker problems were, in my opinion, self inflicted. Gunn really didn''t have any choice but I really hope he can find a better alternative to Rusty up front before the end of January!

This thread is nonsense. The man has had two games and we have not lost. If you watch the second goal last night you will see how embarrassing it was. Grounds, (a left back who Roeder brought in to play out of position) was 3-4 yards away from his man (Saganowski) and when the cross came in he made a pathetic little jump to head it, clearly realizing he was out of position and stranded. Looks as if Gunn is trying to bring in a CB in Purse to play there and he needs some patience from the supporters. Last night they could have had 4 in the first half and looked good. Two goals at home should bring 3 points. The weakness at left CB cost us the game last night and it''s an issue that is clearly being addressed..Before last nights game even.

It''s annoying to give up 2 goals and especially that second one, but you cannot blame Gunn for having an inexperienced left back playing at CB. He inherited that situation and was stuck with it.

Situation is dire, but the man needs support, not abuse.

[quote user="Bigus"]This thread is nonsense. The man has had two games and we have not lost. If you watch the second goal last night you will see how embarrassing it was. Grounds, (a left back who Roeder brought in to play out of position) was 3-4 yards away from his man (Saganowski) and when the cross came in he made a pathetic little jump to head it, clearly realizing he was out of position and stranded. Looks as if Gunn is trying to bring in a CB in Purse to play there and he needs some patience from the supporters. Last night they could have had 4 in the first half and looked good. Two goals at home should bring 3 points. The weakness at left CB cost us the game last night and it''s an issue that is clearly being addressed..Before last nights game even. It''s annoying to give up 2 goals and especially that second one, but you cannot blame Gunn for having an inexperienced left back playing at CB. He inherited that situation and was stuck with it. Situation is dire, but the man needs support, not abuse.[/quote]

Why is this thread nonsense Bigus? If you read what the OP has put, then I''m sure you''ll realise that he was actually having a go at other fans who have had a pop at Gunny.

Generally agree with the rest of your post, although I would''ve preferred seeing Omozusi at CB last night - does anyone know if he''s been injured or something?

Omozusi is a right back and he has made horrific mistakes at center back also. We need 2 CB''s with experience that know that position, not two, young inexperienced players out of position.

I hope that Purse is in place for Friday.

poor old gunny hasnt got alot of choice , who he puts up front , hes only been in the job a week .

if baffles me people are giving him a hard time after 1 week , 4 points out of six , and has had to field a side from a previous failed manager .

no-one would exspect a new prime minister to change the country in a week , how can a football manager without bringing in some players.

if we had lost both games , i would see peoples reasons for being so negative ,

its pathetic to knock to him , i cant wait untill this team proves all the critics , who arnt helping wrong .

I can see both sides here, but  I think last night showed Gunny''s inexperience, 2-0 up at home against a side your fighting against you cannot, CANNOT let that lead slip. Do you blame the players, the management or the fans (who were poor second half too)  Most people where I was sat felt that we needed a change and I think Gunn left it far too late before making it. But he''ll learn, and 4 from 6 isn''t the worst set of results, but it should be all six.

four points from six .

[/quote]That pretty much is the bottom line although it did feel like a defeat going home from the game last night!

[quote user="Bigus"]The second goal was a howler. Grounds was asleep. Can''t blame that on management.[/quote]

Agreed. At time I found myself thinking '' we''ve found Middlesborough''s version of Shackell!''.

Heres hoping Cardiff find a replacement sharpish...

Gunny was probably the wrong appointment for the situation we are in, because he needs time to gain experience and that''s the one thing he hasn''t got (oh, apart from money and a proper squad . . .).  He didn''t have to take the job, and I hope and believe that if things got really hairy he''d be big enough to step aside and let Chippy or Dixie take charge.  Gunny as No.2 would have made a certain amount of sense.  Gunny as No.1 frankly doesn''t, at least not in this situation.

But the board are responsible for appointing him and they should take the flak if it goes wrong.  Forget all that "what''s the point of having a go at the board if there''s no one to take over from them" nonsense.  That''s irrelevant.  It shouldn''t stop us letting them know where the responsibility lies.

If its gunn making mistakes why shouldnt people have a go at him?   We are in a relegation dog fight and whether he is a novice or not he does not have time to learn as he goes.  He says he is good enough and as Grant Roeder and every manager before him he will be judged on results & decisions.

Yesterday some of Gunns decisions were poor.  That and poor defending cost us two points in a must win game against relegation rivals when the coming games will be much hard to win 2 points to cover the ones lost last night.

4 points from 6 in the easiest games (and against the poorest teams at CR so far) for 2 months leaves us in a perilous position - we are only one instead of 3 points off a relegation spot :-(     

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Michael Starr"]

How fickle we are. 

[/quote]

Was that the one brilliantly saved by Davis?[:|]

[/quote]

Yes, it was saved but it was straight at him and he should have done a hell of a lot better. He is as much to blame for Doc and Grounds for losing their man and for Fozzy for not hoofing the ball away at the corner.

four points from six .

[/quote]

The truth!

While it felt like a defeat in the end last night we''ve got to be positive. The team look much more content and able to perform than what they did under the Glen Adolf Roeder!