Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Can everyone stop the "Easy" chants now?

a) It''s a crap chantb) Is only done to bait the away fansc) People should be spurring on our team insteadd) By the evidence we keep seeing, it seems to have the effect of geeing up the oppositione) When the opposition win or equalise it makes everyone who chants it look like a fool

So we ''owned'' them did we?Perhaps you forgot already, but Soton could easily have won

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"][quote]Nevah! It''s a good chant when we are owning so the answer is no![/quote]

Why not exercise your brain and think of something for yourself
[/quote]

It''s not as bad as the pathetic "what''s it like to see a crowd", wait until we''re 3-0 in front before singing it though.

Always reminds me of the early 90`s, we would go 1 or 2 up and the crowd would chant Bryan, Bryan whats the score until Gunny would hold up his fingers indicating the score, this would then be the cue for the opposition to go down the pitch and score, then often the opposition fans would then ask Bryan the score, gloating is usually a recipe for disaster, especially for us Norwich fans !!!!

The "easy" chant is pathetic, not least because it is the brainchild of the appalling Tim Lovejoy, who encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern football. If you don''t believe me, read as much of his book Lovejoy on Football in your local bookshop as you can stand before vomiting. If you think of him every time you are tempted to chant "easy", you''ll find it''s not a problem to kick the habit.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]The "easy" chant is pathetic, not least because it is the brainchild of the appalling Tim Lovejoy, who encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern football. If you don''t believe me, read as much of his book Lovejoy on Football in your local bookshop as you can stand before vomiting. If you think of him every time you are tempted to chant "easy", you''ll find it''s not a problem to kick the habit.[/quote]I''m banned from Waterstones after reading the Preface, he didn''t even ghost-write that bit.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Darren Butt-Head"][quote]Nevah! It''s a good chant when we are owning so the answer is no![/quote]Why not exercise your brain and think of something for yourself[/quote]

It''s not as bad as the pathetic "what''s it like to see a crowd", wait until we''re 3-0 in front before singing it though.

[/quote]I was actually referring to the phrase ''owning''. 

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]The "easy" chant is pathetic, not least because it is the brainchild of the appalling Tim Lovejoy, who encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern football. If you don''t believe me, read as much of his book Lovejoy on Football in your local bookshop as you can stand before vomiting. If you think of him every time you are tempted to chant "easy", you''ll find it''s not a problem to kick the habit.[/quote]Is it nuts, Lovejoy is talking ball cocks.  The easy chant he resurrected  from Saturday afternoon Wrestling on TV during the 80s.  Namely big Daddy who suspiciously never lost a match always used to get the kids singing ''EASY EASY'' 

Was it the Palace game near the end of the prem season? When we were winning comfortably, sang the "Easy Easy" chant and ended up drawing 3-3? Crap chant, should only be used after 85 minutes when you''re 4-0 (or more) up. And even then it''s asking for it in my book.

The ''easy'' chant is the worst, generic, sh*te chant in the country. anyone who starts flapping their arms about like a seal whilst chanting this is a complete and utter mong in my book. it''s also small time as hell and incredibly embarassing.typical of the socceram generation of fans in the country.it''s even worse than that other stupid chant ''oo are ya oo are ya''

agreed with captain dejan! as long as its not too offensive (unless its aimed towards the scum) then people should and should be able to sing WHATEVER THEY LIKE! if you don''t like it, then don''t bloody join in!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]The "easy" chant is pathetic, not least because it is the brainchild of the appalling Tim Lovejoy, who encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern football. If you don''t believe me, read as much of his book Lovejoy on Football in your local bookshop as you can stand before vomiting. If you think of him every time you are tempted to chant "easy", you''ll find it''s not a problem to kick the habit.[/quote]I''m banned from Waterstones after reading the Preface, he didn''t even ghost-write that bit.[/quote]Glad someone else feels the same about that $%^£! One of my mates got given ''Lovejoy and Redknapp''s Best Of Football'' DVD for xmas. Someone must really hate him.....

What`s the point of chanting "EASY"............. if we`re five nil up then great, by then  most opposition fans have left anyway,if we only hold a slim lead  then it`s an ivitation to the opposition to  up  their game and come back and score.Perhaps it`s a generational thing, I am a bit of an old  boy now, but for  me it`s cra..p. 

[quote user="Captain Dejan Is Injured"]What an absolute miserable bunch. Whoever has a ticket has the right to sing anything they like.
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. Well said.

I cannot remember if I joined in with the Easy chants, but I thought ''When the Saints go marching in'' was asking for trouble :P

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]The "easy" chant is pathetic, not least because it is the brainchild of the appalling Tim Lovejoy, who encapsulates everything that is wrong with modern football. If you don''t believe me, read as much of his book Lovejoy on Football in your local bookshop as you can stand before vomiting. If you think of him every time you are tempted to chant "easy", you''ll find it''s not a problem to kick the habit.[/quote]

Its a shockingly bad book isn''t it?  Smugness personified.

The chant isn''t really a new thing though.  Can anyone old enough remember the ''old'' "Easy" chant from way back? (about the late 80''s).  Didn''t involve the handclap but lots more pointing and a different pronounciation (EEEZEEE, EEEZEEE rather than EEE-ZAY, EEE-ZAY).

I''m sure you can hear it on some of the old season vids, but I refuse to make myself even more geeky by looking them up...[:$]

[quote user="kaiman"]

agreed with captain dejan! as long as its not too offensive (unless its aimed towards the scum) then people should and should be able to sing WHATEVER THEY LIKE! if you don''t like it, then don''t bloody join in!

[/quote]But it makes our support looks like a bunch of clueless muppets/seals.