Sign in to follow this  
hucks shirtman

primus???????????

like most people im waiting on news but i must say
the longer the day goes on the better for norwich
reading the paper it did not seem that much of a problem
for pompey to settle with him the longer it goes on the better for us maybe

Yes we shall see. Reading some of his comments he seems genuine enough to his club and that kind of attitude would suit is, its just if he can tear himself away from the good rapport he has with the fans etc.

By the way reading your message in that way reads like a song or poem, I was expecting a ryhming couplet at the end or a clever lyrical twist..! Or is that just me making it up?

Agree there!! If he was simply going to sign for Pompey it would surely have happened. Looks as though he has been offered something but not as much as he hoped. My guess is he is thinking long and hard. With every hour I feel his blood maybe turning from blue to green!!Come on Primus you know it makes sense

What will be the first move in either scenario?

A. He stays - will this mean a press conference would be organised or can the club just issue a statement? Easy to organise.

B. He come to city - presumably, we announce a press conference & Linvoy will travel to norwich to be there? Needs more time to organise.

In which case, the longer the better for us?

Is this right?

Has he even been here to have a look around, anyone know? And I don''t mean at Asda!

Everything you read about him makes you feel he''d be a real asset to us, but you''ve got to respect a man whose whole attitude to life is so thoughtful, and if he chooses not to move, I wish him the best anyway.

EDP Sport getting everyone''s hopes up..!

The latest is that Primus'' agent hopes for a decison in the next 48 hours. Full story on [link]http://www.EDP24.co.uk[/link] and [link]http://www.pinkun.com[/link] tomorrow morning.

Oh for crying out loud not another 48 hours of checking the internet every 30 minutes. I''ve been giving Primus the benefit of the doubt so far over his wnating to sit down and discuss things with Pompey but this is getting a bit too drawn out for my liking now. He knows whats on offer, he knows the choice open to him. Its time for Nige to force the issue me thinks!

WELL HE ANT HERE YET BUT MY ORIGINAL COMMENTS STILL STAND
MONDAY NOT WRAPPING NOT PACKING AND IM STAYING BUT
I HAVE A FUNNY OLD FEELING HE JUST MAY BE HEREING THE WORTHY MAGIC
IN HIS EARS. REMBER HUCKS I WILL HAVE A GO AGAIN TOMMORROW WATCH OUT
FOR THE SHIRTMAN

I agree. I don''t think Primus is going to move. Sad since the more I hear about him, the more I think he''d be a great fit with the boys.

Hypothetically, if he''s currently on 5k a week and we''re offering 10k per week and he is as sincere a player as it seems, then it''s not going to take much for Mnadaric to get to 8k a week and bluff Primus into saying yes.

I don''t think he''s coming. And I always felt like Hux was going to make it somehow.

Could the delay be associated with the famous trip to Colney, meet with the lads, tea with Mrs Worthy, meal at Delia''s restaurant, tour of City sights.

Its a well worn path that always works. Good enough for Thomas - so will it work for Linvoy?

If a decision on this one will not be forthcoming until the middle of this week then I am guessing that Pompey have either offered him the extra year on his contract but no more money, or have offered him the extra year with a small increase but not too close to the £10,000 a week we are reported to have offered. (My gut feeling is the former rather than the latter, if indeed either. They may be relying on loyalty and the player''s feelings alone and hoping they will be enough). One of the biggest sticking points has surely got to be that they cannot in all honesty say that he will be first choice every week, especially when they have brought in two defenders this summer. Although this decision is clearly tearing him apart as he loves being there, it will ultimately come down to whether staying at Portsmouth compensates enough for less playing, less money and possibly less security in the long term. I think it shows the sort of person he is that he is taking his time and, if he takes the plunge and heads north and east, I feel confident that he will soon have the same feelings for City and for this area, will not let us down in the commitment stakes, and will become a fine ambassador for the club as he has for them. (Come on Linvoy - one door closes and another one opens...)

Sorry to sound very stupid here, but why are we all getting so worked up by the prospect of Primus coming to FCR? As far as I can understand it (and hereby I set myself up to be shot down in flames) he is not a vital cog in Pompey''s team (can''t be if we''re offering to double his wages) yet there is a certain amount of hysteria building over this will he won''t he saga.

Yes he appears to be a loyal, dependable type - but looking long and hard at him, is he really one of the final pieces in the jigsaw or just a good squad player?

Feel free to abuse me and call me stupid, but I just can''t seem to get excited about this one - Helveg yes, but this guy?????

Susie, well said. You''ve hit the nail on head.

I believe the fact that Primus is taking so long to decide his future, while frustrating for us, does credit to his personality and attitude. This is a guy who cares about his family, his club and the fans and the place where he lives. This is exactly the type of person we need at the club. He obviously has to take care of his family but is demonstrating his loyalty to Pompey by giving them an opportunity to keep him. If he feels a move would serve him better he will move but football and money are only part of his life. He is a committed Christian and does a lot of charity work in the Portsmouth area and abroad. He must assess his move to Norwich in the light of these commitments also. The sheer fact he is taking forever to sign means, IMO, that he will be committed to the Club and also to the area. Primus will bring a lot more to Norwich than simply footballing ability - he would not only be an asset to the Club but also to Norwich itself.

Having said that, hurry up and sign Linvoy!

I agree Plastic - i''m happy to be corrected on the merits of LP as i know precious little about the guy but i see what PS means. The "will he won''t he" saga has become more of an issue than "should he?" which is the most important question after all! But as i said, i''d like to know more about the guy. Anyone see him last year? After all, they let a fair few goals in and only just avoided the drop. Did he play in their div 1 promotion winning side?

Anyway, imo the longer it goes on, the more likely it is he''ll sign. If he wanted to stay and was being offered an improved deal, it wouldn''t take long to decide. If he was being offered a serious incentive to move on, it would.
Despite all the honesty and loyalty he''s showing, unfortunately, at the end of the day, when the whistle blows and the sun sets (sorry), MONEY TALKS. And if we''re offering to double his wages at the stage of his career he''s at, he has to look at that. As well as loyalty to his family, who will be number one after all, no matter how much local and community work he does.

Tired of waiting tho!

I recond he is looking around Norwich today to see what it is like withe his family and is seeing where he can live , if he does he will sign midday tomorow , if i''am right a deserve a medal , what does anyone else think about the matter.

My problem with this whole situation is that we''re speculating about the this and thats of the possible transfer when we don''t even know enough of the facts.

I personally don''t believe we''ve discussed terms at all with Primus if a bid hasn''t been accepted. Correct me if I''m wrong, but I thought this supposed doubling of wages report came from a tabloid and we don''t normally believe what they say.

A1 and Plastic Scouser - Linvoy Primus was one of the shining lights in Pompey''s very successful season last time out. He never once looked out of place, and on more than one occasion was man of the match. The pompey fans love him - he is big, strong and no slouch, always gives 110% and very fit and committed - not unlike Simon Charlton. IMO, as much as it matters, he would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

well i for one rate him and put him in the back no disrespect but i think he could out run malkey all day
we will do well i wonder if the money we are offering has goen up somewhat
more than the 7500000 i think worthy rates him more than some of you
and what is 750 thease days somwhere around 850 and harry will snape and even drive him up for the dosh buy buy buy or are west brom going to stick there orr in agaiinnn

I really want to know , just tell us it does''nt bother me anymore if he comes of if he doesn,t , if he does what a great signing if he doesn,t I wish him all the best for this season with pompey.

I can''t decide if the fact that it''s being drawn out is working in our favour or not! I agree with suse though. He''s obviously not taking this situation lightly and wants it to be done properly. My gut feeling, as others have said too, is that he''ll sign a new contract at Pompey. However, from what I''ve made out from living down there Mandiich is quite a tough chairman and I''m not sure he''d just roll over and say "here have an extra 5K a week" to Linvoy. Surely he''d be leaving himself open for other players and agents to do the same trick?

This imo is now turning into a farce. There was supposed to be meetings, discussions with family blah blah yawn. Has he even been up here to look at the setup? It stinks of a player using another club as a lever to prise more money out of his existing club.
But then he is only on 5k a week..........poor ole boy.