Sign in to follow this  
Castle Acre Canary

Ian Dowie was offered the job first!

The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?[/quote]

The same thing applied to Aidy from what I heared as well,

or was it Aidy wanted twice as much money in his back pocket 

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?[/quote]Your rumour kinda falls flat when you realise that he was last manager of QPR............

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?[/quote]

Your rumour kinda falls flat when you realise that he was last manager of QPR............
[/quote]

Good point Duffman. My concern is that it is hardly a ringing endorsement of poor old Gunny if he came after Dowie! Personally of the two I prefer BG anytime.

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?[/quote]

Your rumour kinda falls flat when you realise that he was last manager of QPR............
[/quote]

Good point Duffman. My concern is that it is hardly a ringing endorsement of poor old Gunny if he came after Dowie! Personally of the two I prefer BG anytime.

[/quote]

Except when you consider Dowie actually has some experience in management and Gunn doesn''t..

[/quote]

[/quote]

Except when you consider Dowie actually has some experience in management and Gunn doesn''t..

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL....If your gonna make up a story, best do your research first.[:P] Made me laugh though.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?[/quote]Your rumour kinda falls flat when you realise that he was last manager of QPR............[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]theres lots of managers with experience out there,means bugger all success wise!

[quote user="Old Snoorty"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]Fantastic ! I prefer what we''ve got.[/quote]

Me too.

[/quote]

And me. add to the fact that Dowie was sacked by QPR and not Coventry and you soon realise this thread is a load of bull.

Not sure about this one, Dowie, although he has experience a plenty doesn''t really fit the "green and yellow" remit does he? Personally I can''t think he would have had the renewals rolling in, though he might have been able to save us from the drop. Who knows? Personally I am glad this never happened, presuming it was an option in the first place.

[quote user="Huddy "]

Castle Acre''s Right,

i said this under the title ''The Boards Big Panic'' the other day. I was informed of exactly what he''s said, and it wasn''t office gossip either, a very reliable source.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1554017/ShowPost.aspx

I didn''t reveal the names; but i think you can see for yourself that what i said fits in with Castle Acre''s post.

[/quote]Erm.....I thought I already made it clear that the OP was talking rubbish so it doesnt fit into anything.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Huddy "]

Castle Acre''s Right,

i said this under the title ''The Boards Big Panic'' the other day. I was informed of exactly what he''s said, and it wasn''t office gossip either, a very reliable source.

I didn''t reveal the names; but i think you can see for yourself that what i said fits in with Castle Acre''s post.

[/quote]

Erm.....I thought I already made it clear that the OP was talking rubbish so it doesnt fit into anything.
[/quote]

if you want me to PM you i will, Dowie was offered the job first!

You are spot on Castle Acre Gunny was third choice ,Dowie and Sutton then Boothroyd and Malky were offered the post but only on a five month contract.My information came from a well informed source who is well conected.

Still we are where we are and its up to us to get behind the players and Gunny and try and get out of the mire that Rodent left us with. 

[quote user="snakepiter"]

You are spot on Castle Acre Gunny was third choice ,Dowie and Sutton then Boothroyd and Malky were offered the post but only on a five month contract.My information came from a well informed source who is well conected.

Still we are where we are and its up to us to get behind the players and Gunny and try and get out of the mire that Rodent left us with. 

[/quote]

Obviously not THAT well connected eh? [;)][:D]

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]The rumour going round the office at Carrow Road is that Ian Dowie was offered the manager''s job before Gunny . The deal was to the end of the season and Chris Sutton was asked to join the coaching staff. However, Dowie is on gardening leave from Coventry and it would have meant he would have to give up his pay off so he declined. Just great isn''t it?[/quote]

Ah! The pig ignorance of our Essex-wannabee chums! Gives ''em away every time.

[quote user="Huddy "]

Castle Acre''s Right,

[/quote]

All this suggests is that two people have heard the same gossip - hardly a surprise when you think about this day and age with internet everywhere - but it gives it no more credence than it had before. 

The known facts do rather point a different direction though, away from people like Dowie.  We know that the players were backing Gunn, we have the comments from Munby (reported prior to the Monday, when interviews took place) about ''having yellow and green blood'', we have Gunn sorting his potential back-up team out after the Barnsley game.  I would never be so bold to say that the rumour/gossip definitely isn''t true, but unless Dowie/another was offered the post prior to the interviews, it doesn''t really seem to stack up.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Experience of getting the sack mainly! as with most of the so called experienced managers on the shelf. there''s generally a reason their not working!

Can''t believe this rumour thread''s still going. Here''s a fact - Gunny was told the job was 99.9% his and asked to ready his backroom staff  Sunday afternoon and Crook had said yes and was packing his bags by Monday. Whatever else happened was simply a smokescreen.