Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Chippy's influence would be much more than Gunny

Everyone seems to slam the decision about the board appointed Gunny be the manager, but all we know he was inexperience and possibly no experience or coaching badges, he had the job only before the end of this season. If I didn''t remember wrong, Gunny did say one of the reasons he can get the job was because of Chippy. So, Chippy would be the more important man for us to stay up, or on the other way if we are down, he would be the main man to blame, but not Gunny...

Think yesterday we did have patience to play passing football in the first half...

thats because Chippy is going to be manager next season... Gunn is here till "the end of the season" and chippy has just turned down an assured job 5000 miles away, where he was doing very well to come to Norwich short term? i don''t think so... too much to lose...

Ian Crook will be appointed manager once the season ends. continuity at the football club, no compensation to pay, and the players will be faimiliar with him and his style.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]thats because Chippy is going to be manager next season... Gunn is here till "the end of the season" and chippy has just turned down an assured job 5000 miles away, where he was doing very well to come to Norwich short term? i don''t think so... too much to lose...

Ian Crook will be appointed manager once the season ends. continuity at the football club, no compensation to pay, and the players will be faimiliar with him and his style.

jas :)[/quote]I agree with that jas. I think Gunny will be moved upstairs, general manager or even CE if doncaster moves on to the FA.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]thats because Chippy is going to be manager next season... Gunn is here till "the end of the season" and chippy has just turned down an assured job 5000 miles away, where he was doing very well to come to Norwich short term? i don''t think so... too much to lose...

jas :)[/quote]I agree with that jas. I think Gunny will be moved upstairs, general manager or even CE if doncaster moves on to the FA.

[/quote]

Why not he''s done every other job at carrow Road.

CE, kicked upstairs, you realy now how to spoil a good afternoon lapp[:D]

On the coaching side definately!

I get p*ssed of with all the "Gunnys inexperienced" and "Gunnys a major gamble" rubbish being talked about!

1, Gunnys apppointed Crook to coach, he''ll most likely have Butterworth to assist him and Deehan is back. Guunys vastly experienced in that hes knows every knook and kranney of our club, has great people skills and has played at the top level. Remember that Adolf Roeder(nowhere) was appointed because of his managerial experince and look how that turned out!

2, Every managerial appointment is a gamble but Gunnys much less of a gamble than appointing a manager on a 3 year deal!

I agree Jas. I have just mentioned something similar on the post regarding David Carney. I have a feeling Bowen may end up alongside him too if he finds himself out of work.