Sign in to follow this  
golden coppel

MAKE NO MISTAKE, WERE GOING DOWN

This football club is heading for league one. you only have to look at some of the results this season to see that we are simply not good enough to be in this division. Our board have simply not done enough things correct or shown the correct amount of ambition since relegation from the premiership. For that they dont deserve to be in charge of a club with championship status, they are well out of thier depth and relegation is deserved in my opinion. If your not good enough at your job you get sacked, the board wont sack themselves so they deserve relegation for their poor running of the club. League one will be a far more level playing field for a board with the intentions and mentalities such as doncaster and co. In this division you have to take a gamble if your not prepared to do this then mediocrity eventually turns into failure. They took a gambe in 2004 and look what happened, since then they simply have not managed the club well enough to be able to make room for a few calculated gambles like 90% of championship football clubs do and they are paying the price.

back to the results side and although i must admit to being wowed on a couple of occasions, i happen to believe that we are certainly one of the worsed sides in the division.

evidence

ncfc 1 - 1 blackpool

mk dons 1-0 ncfc ( l.c )

ncfc 0 - 1 qpr ( 10 men )

barnsley 0 - 0 ncfc

southampton 2 - 0 ncfc

ncfc 1 - 2 derby ( 10 men )

derby 3 - 1 ncfc

ncfc 2 - 3 forest

watford 2-1 ncfc

ncfc 0 - 1 charlton ( fa cup )

ncfc 2-2 southampton

take a look at some of theses results and this doesnt include defeats at home to newly promoted sides. most of the clubs around us ( bottom of the league ) have taken more points from us then we have them. making us certainly in the top 3 worse sides in the division IMO. The above results are absoulutely awfull, and are evidence of exactly where this club is heading.

I dont want to slag gunn off,  i really want to him to do well, but the board have made their biggest mistake yet. employing a manager with no experiance is sucicide, you simply cannot get away with this sort of judgment from a board in the championship without getting punished, league one maybe but not the championship. This club deserves exactly what its getting.

And im not saying the fans deserve what they are getting because cleary we deserve far better then this for our continued support. but just to prove a point to delia and co i will take and accept relegation

Much better performance last night than i seen for a long time, i think we will be ok, results will come if we get 2-3 reasonable players. (target man and central defender)

Good to see so many fans getting behind the team. I''m with you GD, I believe we are only a centre back and target man away from a decent side.

All this constant crap about the board not giving the manager resources to buy players etc is really getting very tedious. Quite simply they have given the manager as much as they can afford whilst trying to safeguard the future of the club.

[quote user="golden coppel"]

This football club is heading for league one. you only have to look at some of the results this season to see that we are simply not good enough to be in this division. Our board have simply not done enough things correct or shown the correct amount of ambition since relegation from the premiership. For that they dont deserve to be in charge of a club with championship status, they are well out of thier depth and relegation is deserved in my opinion. If your not good enough at your job you get sacked, the board wont sack themselves so they deserve relegation for their poor running of the club. League one will be a far more level playing field for a board with the intentions and mentalities such as doncaster and co. In this division you have to take a gamble if your not prepared to do this then mediocrity eventually turns into failure. They took a gambe in 2004 and look what happened, since then they simply have not managed the club well enough to be able to make room for a few calculated gambles like 90% of championship football clubs do and they are paying the price.

back to the results side and although i must admit to being wowed on a couple of occasions, i happen to believe that we are certainly one of the worsed sides in the division.

evidence

ncfc 1 - 1 blackpool

mk dons 1-0 ncfc ( l.c )

barnsley 0 - 0 ncfc

southampton 2 - 0 ncfc

derby 3 - 1 ncfc

ncfc 2 - 3 forest

watford 2-1 ncfc

ncfc 2-2 southampton

take a look at some of theses results and this doesnt include defeats at home to newly promoted sides. most of the clubs around us ( bottom of the league ) have taken more points from us then we have them. making us certainly in the top 3 worse sides in the division IMO. The above results are absoulutely awfull, and are evidence of exactly where this club is heading.

I dont want to slag gunn off,  i really want to him to do well, but the board have made their biggest mistake yet. employing a manager with no experiance is sucicide, you simply cannot get away with this sort of judgment from a board in the championship without getting punished, league one maybe but not the championship. This club deserves exactly what its getting.

And im not saying the fans deserve what they are getting because cleary we deserve far better then this for our continued support. but just to prove a point to delia and co i will take and accept relegation

[/quote]

Surely you''re a reading fan?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="golden coppel"]

evidence

ncfc 1 - 1 blackpool

mk dons 1-0 ncfc ( l.c )

barnsley 0 - 0 ncfc

southampton 2 - 0 ncfc

derby 3 - 1 ncfc

ncfc 2 - 3 forest

watford 2-1 ncfc

ncfc 2-2 southampton

[/quote]

Surely you''re a reading fan?

[/quote]

i wish i was............ i simply joined the board around the time as lita joined norwich, thought it would be a laugh to claim to be a reading fan and have "inside knowledge" realised rumour making really was not all its cracked up to be and retired from that. Name stayed though and now quite like it!

[quote user="jbghost"]

Good to see so many fans getting behind the team. I''m with you GD, I believe we are only a centre back and target man away from a decent side.

All this constant crap about the board not giving the manager resources to buy players etc is really getting very tedious. Quite simply they have given the manager as much as they can afford whilst trying to safeguard the future of the club.

[/quote]

and a right-back! Ots is garbage

Gunn fielding Fotheringham is a sure sign already of the formers tactical naivety; especially selecting him as captain ffs - as was another poor decision to stick Russell up front again - the all too late substitutions were another terrible blunder and it all adds up to Gunn being too much of a novice who has learned nothing from watching over a years worth of Roeder''s mistakes.In theory the Board have swapped tactical ineptness for tactical naivety and in practise it''ll see us relegated.

[quote user="shyster"]Gunn fielding Fotheringham is a sure sign already of the formers tactical naivety; especially selecting him as captain ffs - as was another poor decision to stick Russell up front again - the all too late substitutions were another terrible blunder and it all adds up to Gunn being too much of a novice who has learned nothing from watching over a years worth of Roeder''s mistakes.

In theory the Board have swapped tactical ineptness for tactical naivety and in practise it''ll see us relegated.[/quote]

I must have missed your tenure as England manager 

"I dont want to slag gunn off,  i really want to him to do well, but the board have made their biggest mistake yet. employing a manager with no experiance is sucicide, you simply cannot get away with this sort of judgment from a board in the championship without getting punished, league one maybe but not the championship. This club deserves exactly what its getting."

Whatever is the matter with you people - where exactly do you expect ''experience'' to come from? If you''ve got extremely short memories, i''ll remind you - our last Manager had loads of the bloody stuff but look where that got us - why can''t you just concentrate on the friggin true meaning of ''support'' and do just that..???

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinion and views but i for one am sick and tired of the put downs, negativity and down right bulls**t !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once, please lord, just once let''s have the support from everyone that the current management needs and deserves - i just only hope that in your lifetime you are never in Bryan''s position and see people who you consider your ''supporters'' writing this rubbish!!

What a silly post. How is a relevant what results have been like?

What matters is the results we get over the next 17 games.

As for employing Gunn.

Well what about West Ham employing Zola a man with no experience.

Preston employing Irvine and there are countless other examples.

Bringing in a man with no experience can work. As long as he is the right man and Gunn is.

Nice to see after one draw then people are turning on Gunn. Some loyalty you show!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]What a silly post. How is a relevant what results have been like? What matters is the results we get over the next 17 games. As for employing Gunn. Well what about West Ham employing Zola a man with no experience. Preston employing Irvine and there are countless other examples. Bringing in a man with no experience can work. As long as he is the right man and Gunn is. Nice to see after one draw then people are turning on Gunn. Some loyalty you show![/quote]

hooray - someone talking sense!!

evidence

ncfc 1 - 1 blackpool

mk dons 1-0 ncfc ( l.c )

barnsley 0 - 0 ncfc

southampton 2 - 0 ncfc

derby 3 - 1 ncfc

ncfc 2 - 3 forest

watford 2-1 ncfc

ncfc 2-2 southampton

[/quote]

- the power of positive thinking.

Think what you will about Bryan Gunn and the last two games, but there''s no point using results from the Roeder regime to demonstrate how Gunny''s going to lead us to relegation. We might not have a squad with the potential to challenge for promotion, but I would say we''ve clearly got a squad capable of avoiding relegation as long as they''re not managed by a complete twonk, which Gunny is not. Results that came before last weekend have nothing to do with the new management team, if you want to moan about them use evidence from the last two games. If you want to moan about our poor performance for the majority of the season, just go and take a dump on Roeder''s front garden or something!

For goodness sake put a sock in it (I have as much right to tell you to stuff your nonsesne up your nose as you do to spout the stuff in the first place (before you tell me that this is a free country and I can''t tell you to shut up)

Of COURSE there are going to be some tactical blunders and some mistakes, but to say "employing a manager with no experience is suicide" after using evidence of playing Fozzy and Russell up front is a wild exaggeration.

I''m not going to list the number of managers with relatively little experience who have succeeded (Roy Keane was just one in a very long list).

We will not succeed or fail based on Brian Gunn''s managerial experience. We will do so based on his ability to bring in the right players, motivate each of them, gel them together as a team and - yes - get the tactics right. Are you suggesting that Gunn, Crook and Deehan between them are tactively inept after one game?

Maybe they will turn out to be, but for christ sake let them get their feet under the desk first before making a universal judgement on ONE GAME

evidence

ncfc 1 - 1 blackpool

mk dons 1-0 ncfc ( l.c )

barnsley 0 - 0 ncfc

southampton 2 - 0 ncfc

derby 3 - 1 ncfc

ncfc 2 - 3 forest

watford 2-1 ncfc

ncfc 2-2 southampton

[/quote]

Firstly, I would like to call you a prat for saying Norwich deserve to go down.

Second, if the league finished now would we be relelgated?

Third, Our last manager had bags of experience, who has been Norwich''s most sucessful manager in the last 10 years? That man had only a couple of (bad) years experience at Blackpool.

Fourth, we''ve drawn with Birmingham, beat Sheffield Utd and Wolves so by your logic that also makes us one of the better teams in the division.

There''s always two sides to every coin. 

evidence

ncfc 1 - 1 blackpool

mk dons 1-0 ncfc ( l.c )

barnsley 0 - 0 ncfc

southampton 2 - 0 ncfc

derby 3 - 1 ncfc

ncfc 2 - 3 forest

watford 2-1 ncfc

ncfc 2-2 southampton

[/quote]

Either you''re on a wind up or a complete moron.

I think this post makes for horribly uncomfortable reading tbh. Wind up or no wind up, there are quite a few salient points raised here - ie the appointment of a manger with no experience at all (and remember, Gunn had shown no inclination towards management before the latest annual NCFC crisis,) mediocre results against what are considered the poorer sides in the division, the board getting precisely what they planned for in the shape of another relegation dogfight.

Of course I do not want us to get relegated, and of course I want Gunn to succeed. But hand on heart, I think the board have made the wrong move letting Gunn have the reigns till the seasons end, and if we stay up it''ll be more by luck than judgement. I totally, utterly, unequivocably would love to be proven wrong and be mocked from Costessey to Catton, from Sprowston to Spixworth...time will tell, of course.

I''m cacking it about the final few months of the season - I think there is every possibilty we may go down.

if you that confident you should run a bookies ..or did you forget teams we beat like wolves ipswich barnsley .

if we get two or three players that can perform , with a manager who can motivate the players like gunn

4 out of 6 points ... scored 6 conceeded 2 ... then we may have a chance

people who are writting us off with half the season gone , and considering we arnt in the bottom three is plain stupid , maybe you should spend your time supporting your team , rather than being russell grant.

Completely agree. Dire results against such poor opposition makes us a team that has no hope. If we do go down I dont see a way back. We will be financially crippled and sell any assetts we have remaining (if we have any). Delia and co have ruined a sleeping giant in Norwich. Such a big catchment area with good support. The team was never invested in when we were promoted or at any time for that matter. We just try and get by with mediocrity and as you say mediocity soon turns into failure. Will we get 24000 in league one? I doubt it.

Now off to hang myself

[quote user="bobfleck"]

I think this post makes for horribly uncomfortable reading tbh. Wind up or no wind up, there are quite a few salient points raised here - ie the appointment of a manger with no experience at all (and remember, Gunn had shown no inclination towards management before the latest annual NCFC crisis,) mediocre results against what are considered the poorer sides in the division, the board getting precisely what they planned for in the shape of another relegation dogfight.

Of course I do not want us to get relegated, and of course I want Gunn to succeed. But hand on heart, I think the board have made the wrong move letting Gunn have the reigns till the seasons end, and if we stay up it''ll be more by luck than judgement. I totally, utterly, unequivocably would love to be proven wrong and be mocked from Costessey to Catton, from Sprowston to Spixworth...time will tell, of course.

I''m cacking it about the final few months of the season - I think there is every possibilty we may go down.

[/quote]

...and the award for most idiotic statement of 2009 goes to....

However much you think that the Board are all evil and just want to see the fans suffer I can not imagine that the Board "planned" for us to be in the position we are in now.

It took Roeder four games to get his first win, Gunny goes into his third game unbeaten, I''m not blind to the problems at the club but lets give the guy a chance!

I have supported this board and the previous Chase one with reservations, but mostly thinking they knew what they were doing. And look where it has gotten us? I have to agree that it was the wrong appointment at the wrong time. One decent result and performance and he gets the job. Others have turned after one poor second half performance.

I am not going to stand by quietly and say nothing when I think the board has got it so wrong. Like a previous poster I hope to be proven wrong, and hope to God that I will be.

I may not go to many games these days due to work and now living in deepest Kent, does not mean I don''t care. We need someone with connections who can attract loanees of new signings, as nice a bloke as Gunny is, I don''t see that happening. Or another manager letting a newbie manager with a prized asset.

the two players gunn has looked at , one of which we now have carney is very experienced in this division.

if we get purse... didnt birmingham get promoted with him in the team ?

this is a better move than roeders untried at championship level players.

well i think we are going to beg to differ on that one, i think gunn is the right man for the job .

[quote user="singing canary"]so scoring six in two games is a poor performance ... hardly.[/quote]

Four against Barnsley who are shit and two against Southampton who are totally shit and they fought back to get a draw.

I''m not knocking Gunn either but the serious lack of quality and issues with the Board and Doncaster have only been papered over to reappear later. Unfortunately it is the same issues, different manger.  

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="bobfleck"]

[/quote]

...and the award for most idiotic statement of 2009 goes to....

However much you think that the Board are all evil and just want to see the fans suffer I can not imagine that the Board "planned" for us to be in the position we are in now.

[/quote]

Fair enough Delia, poor choice of words perhaps, just a turn of phrase more than anything else.  

However, please don''t put words into my mouth -  I never said I think the board are evil and want to see the fans suffer, I just happen to believe that they have made a series of poor choices (be it managerial appointments, lack of investment in the team, lack of ambition - call it what you will, it''s been done to death on here) that have in no small way led us to where we are now. And, I''m sorry, I don''t believe for one minute they didn''t consider that a lack of investment in the playing side would''nt / couldn''t potentially damage the club where it matters - on the pitch. They arer culpable here, make no mistake.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

[quote user="singing canary"]so scoring six in two games is a poor performance ... hardly.[/quote]

Four against Barnsley who are shit and two against Southampton who are totally shit and they fought back to get a draw.

I''m not knocking Gunn either but the serious lack of quality and issues with the Board and Doncaster have only been papered over to reappear later. Unfortunately it is the same issues, different manger.  

[/quote]

That would be we got 3 points against a better team then?  Because Barnsley were and still are above us [:^)]  [:P]